Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
Jerry Miculek has a video reviewing the G41 and he's pulling shots left and battling the trigger the whole time. Yes, Mr. Miculek is still immortal pulling left, but where does that leave us riffraff?

Jerry prolly didn't get his trigger tuned.........but then again, he was prolly shootin' beyond my speed limit too. wink

As someone else said, the Glock trigger will never be the equal, or really, not anywhere near, a SA, 1911 trigger.

But done right & managed well, it works for SD level shooting........it's not intended to be a 50 yd, slow fire bullseye target trigger.

I'm satisfied enough with all the Glocks that I have, to carry them with unabashed confidence any place, any time; but that's also true of my Beretta's, & my S&W's........ smile

But they surely don't have that intimate feel of a 1911.

MM

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

That's because you are a heathen.

One thing I enjoyed about SHOT this year was viewing some 1911s that could only be considered works of art. I saw one with grips made from -- no chit -- a meteorite. And then there's "new Damascus" slides... grips made of Mammoth tusk and tooth... and all manner of exotic coatings and engraving. Needless to say, I didn't ask the price on those.

1911's are cool. When they're old. And original. And have cool, old, original schit stamped on the side of them.

I'm sure meteorite slabs help sell custom knives and custom 1911's. But I think they're fuggin' stupid.

One of many reasons I like to make fun of 1911's.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JOG
Jerry Miculek has a video reviewing the G41 and he's pulling shots left and battling the trigger the whole time. Yes, Mr. Miculek is still immortal pulling left, but where does that leave us riffraff?

Jerry prolly didn't get his trigger tuned.........but then again, he was prolly shootin' beyond my speed limit too. wink

As someone else said, the Glock trigger will never be the equal, or really, not anywhere near, a SA, 1911 trigger.

But done right & managed well, it works for SD level shooting........it's not intended to be a 50 yd, slow fire bullseye target trigger.

I'm satisfied enough with all the Glocks that I have, to carry them with unabashed confidence any place, any time; but that's also true of my Beretta's, & my S&W's........ smile

MM

Nice triggers on a handgun are cool. When you're shooting rabbits. Or gophers.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I just don't get it. The two main ones are the Glock vs. 1911 guys. Why all the hate? If you own X why does it bother you when someone chooses Y or Z??

I own a 1911 and don't care for Glocks. But it doesn't bother me in the least if someone else chooses a Glock.

Big Brother loves his but I think he carries his 1911 more.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JOG

MM

Nice triggers on a handgun are cool. When you're shooting rabbits. Or gophers.

Travis

Nice triggers are nice anytime, & even on Glocks.

YMMV

MM

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.