Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Who says I haven't?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beats me.

Just sayin' that having equipment that you're confident in is a big part of the equation and you'd most likely do well

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't really matter as we don't know who he is anyway. Heck, I could go to most any of them and say I placed in the top 5 afterwards. He could be Lee24 for all we know.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Formi is the real deal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was just making a little funny. Little doubt in my mind that he does what he says he does and shoots a lot too. I think he brings a ton of good info to this board. Besides, any man who serves our country has my utmost respect. My father is a WWII vet, hence my respect for all who have served this nation.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I wouldn't call Seekins Rings and a picatinny rail "skimping"

Do you think Leupold Dual Dovetails are a poor design?

I would never think that any mounting system can hold a scope's zero if it is knocked hard on rocks or the ground.

My comment wasn't directed towards your equipment but a general statement of what I see over the course of a year on rifles in general... Glen's wares are top notch as many others are...

I can't really speak of Leupys DD mounts as I have no experience or have I ever personally used them... From my take on what I know of them I would not be interested in them... A mount that uses leverage to hold the ring ring tight would seem like it would always be under pressure and putting stress on the fasteners... Again I don't know enough about them to really say if I think it is a poor design or not...I don't intend to find out either...

I would hope a mounting system would stand up to the rigors and abuse that one would dish out to a weapon... If not then I'd be looking for a new mounting system... IME most optics that have lost zero from drops and falls was more the optic than the mounting system...

I've had scopes that would lose zero from rides on the front rack of an ATV... I could re-zero the optic and a couple days later the optic would lose zero again... I replaced the optic using the same mount and 3 years later the new optic has never had to be re-zero'd... It has fallen out of the bed of a truck twice and dropped 10-12 ft off a rock face during a sheep hunt and has still kept its zero... Again YMMV...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
EHG,

In other news.....

Have been beating on the NF ATACR 4-16x F1 and it is a home run. Only have around a case or two of rounds on it.... grin. But it has maintained it's original zero after a couple few dozen accidents that would give most an aneurism. Has tracked perfectly with not one shot being off call. I'll get a few thousand more in the next month.....

I'm looking forward to giving a couple of them a try... Seems to be about the perfect optic to fit my needs... Thanks for the update...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Respect is not just blindly agreeing with someone just because they have a pretty impressive DD214. cool
Originally Posted by Tanner

Think it'll suffice to say that you don't have a clue about what he does on a regular basis.
Tanner

Well you would be 100% wrong. Pretty sure if he wanted that to be a topic of discussion he would have gone there. Hint.

Well then jackass, post my DD214 for everybody to see... You always like to play like you're the cool kid on the block and in the "Know"... Post it or show what a jackass you really are... Fact is you've never seen it, ever had a copy of it or have a clue about what I do on a regular basis... You simply ran your cock holster on hearsay and second hand info... Plain and simple...

You sure are quick to post chit like you've BTDT and come off as some badass Gunfighter... Regale us with your "Gunfighter" experiences... I mean the real deal stuff... Not the John Woo tuck and rolls in some prairie in Cody, hammering clay pigeons with your over priced chit wares or shooting paper targets that don't shoot back... Thats all kinda cute and stuff but lets hear the good stuff... Like how you used to kick doors in Iraq... Clear buildings in Baghdad... Or maybe of your countless tours in Afghanistan... Pulling patrols in the Helmand Province and the multiple engagements there with the Taliban... Perhaps serving High Risk warrants with the USMS SRT or your skirmishes along the Border with the Cartels and ISIS... Gunfighter my ass... When was the last time you ever had to fire a shot in anger... Better yet, when have you EVER fired a shot in anger you clueless f-u-ck... Just because you may rub shoulders with a Gunfighter here and there don't make you one, jackass...

It has everything to do with your lack of knowledge. You didn't bother to actually watch videos you posted because you were just sure those vids would support your view point.

I've explained my position on this but obviously you ARE as dumb as you look or just too drunk to let it soak in... More than likely both... My view point has nothing to do with what I posted... It was simply videos of somebody doing tracking tests on some of the major scope brands... I had no hidden agenda or hate for any of the brands tested... A person can take what they want from the videos... It matters none to me...

March gets a pass and a (wrong) explanation of how to adjust for miss matched clicks but Leupold is crap. Seems Legit. cool

I've also explained this so reread the above... I stick by MY explanation for adjusting MY scopes mil value in MY balistic calculator to compensate for the way MY March tracks...

Here is a hint. Do your phhucking due diligence. That's how the Big Boys play the game.

So now you're a self proclaimed "Big Boy"... That's comical... Because you sell over priced junk to people, and give them the False Bravado that they are capable of doing chit afield that is out of their paygrade does not make you a Big Boy... Best ice down that muscle you pulled trying to pat yourself on the back...

Do you know how I know that you know you know way less than I know on this subject. laugh laugh

Maybe you take off that goofy ballcap you wear and your fivehead doubles as a crystal ball... I'd hope you would know more than all of us here... After all isn't that how you make a living for f-u-cksakes...

Oh boy, laugh

Feel better?

Lil Fish don't like my slacks and now you don't like my "goofy ball cap". You kids are a tough crowd.

Funny how you seem to watch all the vids and read all the posts. I would say you might be "conflicted". laugh

All that bitchin about me does not change the fact that you put up a post that was 100% wrong. cool

End of message. Nothing follows.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
elkhuntingguide if you haven't already read it take a look at "Rifle Accuracy Facts" by Harold Vaughn. In Chapter 5 (page 93)he details a test of the mounts that showed 1/2 MOA of lateral movement on target.
Test basically consisted of tapping the front mount one direction and the rear mount the opposite direction using a small hammer and a wooden dowel. Haven't tried it myself yet but will sometime. Something to think about anyhow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dodgefan
elkhuntingguide if you haven't already read it take a look at "Rifle Accuracy Facts" by Harold Vaughn. In Chapter 5 (page 93)he details a test of the mounts that showed 1/2 MOA of lateral movement on target.
Test basically consisted of tapping the front mount one direction and the rear mount the opposite direction using a small hammer and a wooden dowel. Haven't tried it myself yet but will sometime. Something to think about anyhow.

You're obviously clueless grin

If a rifle loses zero under the conditions and treatment that formy and ehg seem to give them (ie. Continually dropping the rifle on rock beds directly on the scope, turrets and mounts, throwing them into a truck bed for a ride out for use or back to camp) , the scope is a POS and probably a Leupold ....

laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm going to test it out myself, if one of the more well known and respected members of the forum would try and post results it could be interesting.
I don't use 2 piece bases so that might have an effect. I might have a set still floating around though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kig4NxSskQQ

I found this the video while looking up some stuff. I was trying to figure out if EHG knew what he was talking about....it seems he does. I found it interesting. It seems that Frank says exactly what EHG was trying to say...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I wasn't trying to give the impression that I was questioning anyone or their knowledge. I just read his comment on bases and scopes with scopes in his experience being more likely to be the cause of lost zero and remembered reading something about base movement. Took me like 15 minutes to find the book.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That is why many people bed their bases.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I wouldn't call Seekins Rings and a picatinny rail "skimping"

Do you think Leupold Dual Dovetails are a poor design?

[Linked Image]

I would never think that any mounting system can hold a scope's zero if it is knocked hard on rocks or the ground.

IMHO Seekin's are as good AJ's it gets.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
How convenient to side step all questions/statements with yet again no response and notice I called your cap "Goofy"... You're jackassery knows no bounds... Jackass...

The only thing I am "conflicted" with is the fact I may have given you to much credit as being only as Dumb as you look... Its obviously much deeper than that... Jackass...

End of message. Nothing follows.

You should have lead with this post from the beginning as it is/was you're only move... Jackass...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

If a rifle loses zero under the conditions and treatment that formy and ehg seem to give them (ie. Continually dropping the rifle on rock beds directly on the scope, turrets and mounts, throwing them into a truck bed for a ride out for use or back to camp) , the scope is a POS and probably a Leupold ....

laugh laugh laugh

Thats the first astute post I think I've seen you post... Ever...

You're coming along fine Petunia...

Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

I've had scopes that would lose zero from rides on the front rack of an ATV... I could re-zero the optic and a couple days later the optic would lose zero again... I replaced the optic using the same mount and 3 years later the new optic has never had to be re-zero'd... It has fallen out of the bed of a truck twice and dropped 10-12 ft off a rock face during a sheep hunt and has still kept its zero... Again YMMV...

Funny how stuff like that would rattle a gal...Put down your f-uc-king purse and go use your stuff... You'll watch your failure rate rise and in a hurry...

The scope that was mentioned above that couldn't handle a lil ride here and there on an ATV had nothing to do with the mount... It was strictly a scope issue from the start and worsened with each ride... Look familiar...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
dodgefan... I have tested mounting systems and found the ones that work the best for ME and MY use of a weapons system...

I very seldom use any 2 piece mounting system unless it is on a LW Rifle that I'm trying to keep light... In that instance I use Talley LW's and have found them to work well in MY usage...

For all other systems I run Seekins 20 MOA bases with NF, Seekins, Leupy MK 4, Badger or similar rings... On occasion I will run a Near Alpha Mount with said base if I feel the rifle will get more abuse than the others or will go with a NF Direct Mount if applicable in the situation... On all my Remmy's that I intend to keep, the base mounting holes are opened up to 8-40 fasteners... I started doing this as early on I noticed on a few applications the 6-48 fasteners had broke and since the upgrade I have not had one fastener break... I have bases that I had to bed to the action but I feel that was a Remmy problem vs. a base problem...

I have very seldom found the mounting apparatus being the cause of an Optic loosing zero in MY situations... After finally replacing all my optics with more robust optics I have not had a shift in zero... YMMV...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Gonzaga... Thanks for posting that video... Frank explains it much better that I can/could...

He is a plethora of information and a great teacher...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do those Seekins mounts stop a scope from growing in length as good as the proprietary mounts Burns uses ?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.