Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From S.E. Az

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Scott, what affiliction has you down?

Some sort is sinus thing that has my good ear worse than my deaf ear and my head full of heavy mucous. One hechofa headache to make it more fun.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry to hear this news, but God is still on the Throne and Hope is Eternal. Prayers will continue.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
The doctors have changed their story. The brain cancer is not curable but it may be treatable. If nothing is done he may have two months. With the best case treatment he could go on another two years but this kind of cancer is so rare they do not have enough data to really judge. The first treatment may be as early as Friday and may kill him. If the tumours start bleeding he is gone and that may happen.

Mi wife is home tonight for the second night in ten days. She is exhausted and needed a shower and a nights rest before going back.

I have been sick in bed since Friday. Today is the first day I felt like getting up but I am on the mend. Tough times in our family.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Very sorry to hear this.

This may, unfortunately, be one of those cases where the treatment is almost as bad (maybe worse?) than the disease.

Whatever comes to pass, I wish you all peace and wisdom through these times.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear the news of BIL.

You and the wife take care of yourselves, prayers sent.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You know as i am sure you do, you have people walking the road with you, in spirit if not in person.
take care, guy

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For the medically knowledgeable here the treatment is called Blood Brain Block and was developed at OHSU. Apparently this kind of cancer is so rare they really do not know anything about the long term on this one.

On a side note my BIL had a cousin in CA who is a cancer researcher who has been working on this treatment. Through phone calls he has been extremely helpful.

The first dose may be as early as tomorrow. If he survives the first treatment then there is a good chance he will survive the other eleven.

Thanks guys for all the prayer.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You take care Scott... one step at a time...

a lot of friends have their prayer times working overtime for you and your family thru these trying and difficult times...

cheers
seafire

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
You know as i am sure you do, you have people walking the road with you, in spirit if not in person.
take care, guy

The Fire is one of the greatest places anywhere.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
For the medically knowledgeable here the treatment is called Blood Brain Block and was developed at OHSU. Apparently this kind of cancer is so rare they really do not know anything about the long term on this one.

On a side note my BIL had a cousin in CA who is a cancer researcher who has been working on this treatment. Through phone calls he has been extremely helpful.

The first dose may be as early as tomorrow. If he survives the first treatment then there is a good chance he will survive the other eleven.

Thanks guys for all the prayer.
Scott,how are the treatments given?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Scott, sorry to hear of your BIL's diagnosis... it sounds like a tough one! I'll include him and your family in my prayers.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Prayers sent.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Prayers sent

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks Scott.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Done Scott

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
That treatment seems (to this layman) to be quite hazardous - but without any other (good) options.
Prayers re-booted from here, amigo.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is hazardous but really it is his only chance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will continue praying for your family Scott. My wife had a brain tumor 4+ years ago. It was a gliosarcoma. She was given 6-8 months to live. The tumor was removed with surgery and chemo and radiation started. She has amazed her doctors and her surgeon. She asked her Dr. once how other patients with this cancer did. She was told they had never had anyone that lived past a year.

My wife had an incredible attitude and spirit throughout all of this. It goes to show that Doctors are not the final authority.

Jim

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by texasbatman
I will continue praying for your family Scott. My wife had a brain tumor 4+ years ago. It was a gliosarcoma. She was given 6-8 months to live. The tumor was removed with surgery and chemo and radiation started. She has amazed her doctors and her surgeon. She asked her Dr. once how other patients with this cancer did. She was told they had never had anyone that lived past a year.

My wife had an incredible attitude and spirit throughout all of this. It goes to show that Doctors are not the final authority.

Jim
Praise the Lord! I know you have. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.