Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I'm no Tikka basher. I like the rifles and they've all shot well for me out of the box. I don't consider their price point to be in the budget category.

But to say they need nothing out of the box is a stretch....

I've owned 5 of the stainless T3 Lite's. I didn't put 1 to a fair test, but the other 4 walked when the barrel heated up. The culprit in all 4 were the pressure points located 4 inches or so in front of the receiver. They all shot better when hot after the pressure points were removed.

The best shooting Tikka I've ever seen was a 7-08 Eddie F bedded for me in a B&C stock. The same rifle shot well in the factory stock after the pressure points were removed. The rifle shot exceptionally well after the stock switch and the bedding....

This is an accurate assessment.

The fact that you can take an ADL and glass bed it into a Medalist, and still be under the price of a factory Tikka sporting Tupperware, is one that should not go overlooked IMO......

According to your math..... RARs, Vanguards, X7s, and Walmart 700s should all cost somewhere south of $250..... because the Tikka is "$250 more money for nothing" compared to all the above mentioned sticks. Inflating the Tikka street price by 15% just to make an argument seem like a woman at best.... or a Democrat. Let's talk real prices on the rifles.... then the "value" can truly be evident.

Sportsmans sells T3s on sale for $475 a couple times a year..... where can I get a Rem. 700, a trigger, a B&C Stock, some bedding material, and two hours of labor for $475? Even if I could..... I'd still have a grimmy action on a rifle that weighed 15% more that's half as accurate.... brilliant if I inderstand it correctly.

I've had to bed a Tikka or two because of 'lug issues'.... but I've had to bed EVERY Remington I've ever owned... and a couple needed the barrel removed and the factory lug indexed properly. Value is perceived, not factually based, for me..... there's tremendous value in the Tikka at sub-$550 or so. Remington's have been letting me down in the fit/finish/accuracy department over the past few years.... their 'value' has declined in my eyes.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shodd

The fact that you can take an ADL and glass bed it into a Medalist, and still be under the price of a factory Tikka sporting Tupperware, is one that should not go overlooked IMO......

The fact that you can take a ADL and have to do lots of things to it to get it on par with a Tikka has never gone overlooked. I'm not sure why you think it has.

Shod

Yes, but the difference here is that I actually have the 700s in question sitting right here. And actually have notes and targets and stuff showing what they do----right out of the box. Do you?

The whole "700s don't shoot without work" thing gets old. The last half dozen "newer models" I bought all shot great and functioned perfectly.

And the "Tikka is perfect out of the box thing" gets old also. There is pretty much no brand that is perfect out of the box on a regular basis. 25 years of buying guns at a feverish pace has told me so.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God morning Sunshine!

For the record, the Tikka price quote wasn't made by me. I was going by what Tikka buyers said they cost, if you read back a bit...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does your pu$$y hurt again today??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Value is perceived, not factually based, for me

I think you have just spoken for every Tikka owner on this forum...... grin

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Does your pu$$y hurt again today??

The more you type the more I'm starting to believe the vivid description I was given about you. Carry on, Chief.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick your vivid perception up your a$$.

Hope this helps you even more.

Seriously, you have done nothing but piss and moan here for no apparent reason, while others are actually discussing rifles.

I'm starting to develop a very vivid perception of you also, only mine isn't based on heresay.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stick your vivid perception up your a$$.

Hope this helps you even more.

Seriously, you have done nothing but piss and moan here for no apparent reason, while others are actually discussing rifles.

I'm starting to develop a very vivid perception of you also, only mine isn't based on heresay.......

I like how you "discuss" rifles.

The description I have of you isn't heresay. It's coming form someone who's been fortunate enough to meet you and to form an honest opinion about you.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind (nor in yours, obviously) that you might be the most amazing and knowledgeable rifle expert the internet has ever seen. You regularly exhibit it here. Everyone should follow your trail to Nirvana (rifle speaking).

Here is your original post. Take note at this point I've never even spoken to you.

Now feel free to take a moment to kiss my a$$.

You wanna start $hit, and then cry wolf? And then question my character? That's rich.

GFY...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind (nor in yours, obviously) that you might be the most amazing and knowledgeable rifle expert the internet has ever seen. You regularly exhibit it here. Everyone should follow your trail to Nirvana (rifle speaking).

Here is your original post. Take note at this point I've never even spoken to you.

Now feel free to take a moment to kiss my a$$.

You wanna start $hit, and then cry wolf? And then question my character? That's rich.

GFY...

No one is crying wolf.

Its cute how you express yourself when you can't think of anything intelligent to say. It fits right in with the description I have. And please notice that I said description (as in coming from another person) and not just a perception that I might have formed in my mind based on your charming online personality.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing that is cute here is your 16 yr. old school girl drama queen BS. Pathetic as it may be.......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed on the RAR. It is priced at what the Tikka should be priced.

I agree WAAAAAAY over priced! Its still an entry level rifle but NOT entry level pricing

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And then question my character?

You have no character that shows.
You remind me of a not too smart 7th grader

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Value is perceived, not factually based, for me

I think you have just spoken for every Tikka owner on this forum...... grin

I perceive predictable accuracy, light weight, and handling to be of value..... even at the expense of a bit longer action, a few 'plastic' parts and a questionable lug design.

You perceive .5" of action, 'USA manufacturing', and an attached lug to be of value.... and accept unpredictable accuracy, questionable quality control, and nessesity of aftermarket parts to bring it up to par.

"Scoop of chocolate..... Scoop of Vanilla.... Don't waste my time....."
~Barry Shalowitz

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Ruger American looks to be a great candidate for a cheap rifle for someone on a budget

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You perceive .5" of action, 'USA manufacturing', and an attached lug to be of value.... and accept unpredictable accuracy, questionable quality control, and nessesity of aftermarket parts to bring it up to par

Yes I do consider USA mfg., a true short action, and a real recoil lug to be of value. And I find it rather odd how anyone wouldn't.

As for poor QC and questionable accuracy, I have experienced none of that. And have sampled more than my share.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
The Ruger American looks to be a great candidate for a cheap rifle for someone on a budget

I think so also. But have been reading a lot of mixed reviews. Most are claiming very good accuracy, but some are claiming rough bolts and poor triggers. Both of which can often be greatly improved without a gunsmith.

I will get a RAR one of these days. Just don't really need any more rifles.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that need has ever stopped me. grin

But I need a 450 Bushmaster first....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like everything else you get what you pay for, Ruger had to cut corners somewhere to make a profit

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed...They seem to be worth their price tag.

We used to get Howa Lightnings for $300. Another very solid budget rifle choice IMO....

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.