-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was in high school, I obtained a copy of A Fine and Pleasant Misery. I had it with me in biology class one day with my other stuff. My biology teacher was a nice, but crusty, take-no-crap, WW II Marine.

On the day in question, we had a test on a biology chapter that we had just finished up a day or two before.

I went ahead and finished my test about the middle of the pack time-wise and decided I'd read a little to pass the time until everyone finished and we were given the next assignment.

The story I started reading was The Bike. I'd gotten to the part where PMc was describing the neighbors' dogs that always chased him.......I let a little giggle slip........looked up and was met with one of those looks.

I continued reading and before you know it, I couldn't suppress it anymore. I was giggling, snorting and had tears in my eyes. Everyone started looking at me and this continued even after I put the book down on my desk.

Mr. Longanacre, my biology teacher, came over to my desk and decided to take possession of the book and set it down on his. I got sent to the hallway until I could regain some composure. I went back into the classroom and sat down and was asked if I was done. I nodded.

After a couple minutes I guess curiosity overwhelmed him and HE started reading it. I sat there and watched for a couple minutes and pretty soon I could see a smile cracking as he read.

Needless to say I got a pass on the disturbing of the other students while they were taking a test.

Thank you Pat. You have no idea how close you've to describing my friends and I growing up.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pat was the funniest writer I ever read. I never could keep my composure while reading his stuff aloud for my family.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 4 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,201
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.