Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Guys Im so dam computer dumb I could only move one photo out of 15 to photobucket, long story short, to take photos for Mr Roger Rule and to make sure we had no problems on the backside of crate gun ,my FFL gunsmith and a 35 yr gunman uncrated to check and take photos, they have named this ole boy the King Tut gun! none of us were ready for the fantastic wood or amount of cosmoline! Enjoy !
[Linked Image]
very best WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 02/05/15.
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
WOW!!!!! WE are going to need many detailed pics, what a find.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That looks AWESOME WP..

Must see more pictures.. That is some nice walnut and that little hanging tag is pretty exciting!

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Very nice....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sweet mercy that is beautiful!

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
A few more of king Tut
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
excuse any doubles, Im by far not a computer wizz! very best WinPoor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW, does it get any better?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Very nice, indeed, Winpoor.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic figure on that stock!! What a lucky sob!!! Lol. Congrats and great name as well! So cool....! smile

Eric

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Mr Rule has or had a Custom shop Bull that was checkered, his grain was very straight, he has never seen a target nor Bull with wood like this. great guy but he let me know he does not authenticate nor value ,appraise mod 70's. I guess a fellow pees no one off nor hurts feelings by those rules! More photos to follow! Im going to get some real good shots of the .375 H &H super grade up. The ones I took made it look like s#*t, It is fantastic with 2 small compression spots on either side but they are not deep, Im afraid to try the wet towel, iron trick as Im afraid I will screw it up! Ive seen it done and work Im just not that brave with such a nice gun. I brought the .338 home and have to pick it up and look see smile 3 times a day! You can tell the scope base plugs have never been out! Im thinking a good Doctor 6X fixed for that bad boy, I have 120 rounds of 230 gr. older Winchester fail safe ammo coming for it. I have asked around with no response. Have any of you guys used that ammo? Folks around here used to love the fail safe black box ammo. Very Best WinPoor

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
More pictures please!

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
My FFL, Gunsmith and I and his crew have a special relationship ,They will not let me bring King Tut nor the SG .375 H&H home. There are a lot more Safari guys in Tallahassee FL than my hometown 45mi N ,Bainbridge GA. and they know I will de grease King Tut and with the turn of 2 big thumbscrews have a 24X Unertl Ultra Varmint mounted and checking the old boy out! Im told that would be a 2K mistake. I lose willpower after about 3 or 4 of those ice cold baby 8 oz bud lites! very best WinPoor

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Winchester loons, Im thinking of selling 2 extra tractors, an extra bass boat with less than 50 hrs, a pair of Bellanca super viking wings and a lightly used feed mill, along with deveral double pre 64 mod 70 std guns , I nwill get up a surplus list today or Tuesday! very best WinPoor

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Collector value is a funny thing. It is real, because it is a market subject to what some people are willing or not willing to spend. I don't begrudge serious collector's their enjoyment in the least. It is just a different form of loony than whatever forms of "loonyness" I happen to have. Or maybe it is just degree, because I do have a bit of collector loonyness myself. I appreciate the history of a fine vintage firearm even if I don't get super excited about its "virginity." It doesn't bother me if people shoot them, but it does bother me to see them overly modified. To each his own.

Anyway, at the end of the day, an unfired rifle is an untested rifle. Shooting King Tut may very well be a $2k decision, but "mistake" is a matter of opinion.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
At the end of the day whats $2K. It's YOUR gun and if you ant to shoot it that's what it was mad for. It will only cost you the 2K IF you sell it. If you pass it on to your heirs you migt as well enjoy it.
Congrats on a very nice find.
I was in Moultrie GA last week hunting Quail. A nice area.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few year back 3 brothers by the name of House were reunited to build a replica flintlock rifle. Prior to their bit of a falling out they were well renowned in American Longrifles circles. As I was dabbling in building flinters then I went to a show aligned with that craft. They were selling raffle tickets on the gun the brothers built as a fundraiser for the organization. Estimated value was in the realm of $20k as I recall. The question was asked as I filled out my ticket, if you win will it be fired. My reply was that I would invite my close friends over for an unveiling and allow each a photo posing with the artpiece. After that we would all move to the range and christen her properly. The gent selling tickets scoffed at the idea of shooting the piece, his partner at the table asked what it took to be my friend.

I am of the mind that these fine pieces were meant to be used, certainly not abused, but used lovingly in your own way. If that means cuddling up at the range and caressing the trigger until it belches smoke or merely sitting by the fire warming her soul with an oiled cloth only you can decided, and who cares what the guy that doesn't own the gun feels. Much like the debate over who would you pick, Ginger or MaryAnn? The key word is "you".
Enjoy King Tut and my sincerest thanks for sharing it with us all.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Razz, an apt comparison! Mary Ann was portrayed as being, uhem, NIB. Ginger, on the other hand, seemed to be all one might want in a rifle, whoops, I mean woman, but was certainly portrayed as already proven to be up to the task. Yet, the dilemma of which to choose persists.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have gone there, but I did.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Winpoor: I am GREEN with envy!
I am glad you have that rare and beautiful Rifle in hand and safe.
Pardon my slow reply as I have been out on the west coast tending to a sick relative for the past 18 days!
Again congrats on possessing that fine Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by varmintguy
Now mind you, that those few "poor sports" here that owe the Seahawks, Russel Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and their fans an apology - man up and get it done, here publically, or I will call you out individually and by name!

Time to face the music sugar.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Winpoor: I am GREEN with envy!
I am glad you have that rare and beautiful Rifle in hand and safe.
Pardon my slow reply as I have been out on the west coast tending to a sick relative for the past 18 days!
Again congrats on possessing that fine Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Mr Varmint Guy, My hat is off to you, I know what 8mos of taking care of my precious wife did to me as a person and in reality tried and shook me to my very soul!Thank the good Lord Ive reconnected with a dear (40yr) friend that more or less brought me out of the rabbit hole and showed me I can live ,love and laugh again! You are the SOB that has me not wanting to clean the cosmoline and screw that 24X ultra varmint Unertl on and NOT try her out!I may take you up on shooting yours when I come to Idaho and pick my male Drents Partridge Hound pup up from our old friend Dutch! very best to you ole Pal..... WinPoor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,018 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.