Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

However, hold an 8400 30-06 MT in your hands and an 84L 30-06 MT in your hands and it's like holding Rosie O'Donell vs Audrey Hepburn...

That's a good one.

Thanks

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I read somewhere, here on the 'fire perhaps, that three shot groups are, well, ugh, tell us little. Which one is the flier? wink

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
laugh

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Out of the hundreds of thousands of Kimber Montana's produced most of which only shoot average or sub par groups I'm glad to see a couple of you got one that shoots decent.

If everyone on this site posted groups shot by rifles costing MUCH less there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to show them all.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Out of the hundreds of thousands of Kimber Montana's produced most of which only shoot average or sub par groups I'm glad to see a couple of you got one that shoots decent.

If everyone on this site posted groups shot by rifles costing MUCH less there wouldn't be enough bandwidth to show them all.

But if you then filtered the list to rifles that carry as well in the mountains, fit and point as well, had controlled round feed, three position safety, etc., the list would get pretty short.

IC B2

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prm

But if you then filtered the list to rifles that carry as well in the mountains, fit and point as well, had controlled round feed, three position safety, etc., the list would get pretty short.

Actually that list would include exactly 1 riffle. Kimber 84M/L Montana!

No other production rifle has a petite, ultra-lightweight crf action with 3-pos safety and one of the very best, if not THE best, production closed trigger on the market.

Try to find a crf action the weight of the Kimber 84M/L at any price.

Add a laid (not chopped) fiberglass stock with aluminum pillars and 1" decelerator pad.

Call the stock $550. Call the bbl'd action $550.

That's $1100, which is what they can be bought for new.

Now go try to replicate it for that price. I double dog dare ya!

NOT POSSIBLE

The Kimber MT is THE best value in a lightweight production rifle there is. Nothing comes close.

And BTW, Kimber America hasn't made rifles in the multiple 100's of thousands. They "might" have reached a bit over 125,000 with all models.

I've had 16 different Montana's and could put up similar groups with all of them. Not one didn't have at least one bullet weight/style that would shoot like the 150 NBT groups I've posted.

I'm just sorry for those that can't shoot a lightweight rifle... and/or are too impatient to find out what their rifle likes, or are too stubborn or cheap to try a variety of bullets.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by prm

Actually that list would include exactly 1 riffle. Kimber 84M/L Montana!

No other production rifle has a petite, ultra-lightweight crf action with 3-pos safety and one of the very best, if not THE best, production closed trigger on the market.

Try to find a crf action the weight of the Kimber 84M/L at any price.

Add a laid (not chopped) fiberglass stock with aluminum pillars and 1" decelerator pad.

Call the stock $550. Call the bbl'd action $550.

That's $1100, which is what they can be bought for new.

Now go try to replicate it for that price. I double dog dare ya!

NOT POSSIBLE

The Kimber MT is THE best value in a lightweight production rifle there is. Nothing comes close.

And BTW, Kimber America hasn't made rifles in the multiple 100's of thousands. They "might" have reached a bit over 125,000 with all models.

I've had 16 different Montana's and could put up similar groups with all of them. Not one didn't have at least one bullet weight/style that would shoot like the 150 NBT groups I've posted.

I'm just sorry for those that can't shoot a lightweight rifle... and/or are too impatient to find out what their rifle likes, or are too stubborn or cheap to try a variety of bullets.

Say it ain't so! Oh how I hate reality. grin

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K22
Say it ain't so! Oh how I hate reality. grin

So true... misinformed rants are so much easier. laugh

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'd love to see someone build a rifle costing MUCH less that is comparable to a Kimber Montana.

Ain't happening.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I'd love to see someone build a rifle costing MUCH less that is comparable to a Kimber Montana.

Ain't happening.

Travis

The Cliff Notes version. Nicely said.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
Are these groups you guys are showing with the Montana's at 100 yards?

How do they do when you wring them out at 400-600 yards?

Thanks -

Greg, my 308 with 155's did some pretty good things at 300-500 yards. No sub 1/2 MOA barn burners, but reliably around MOA or a bit better off a pack and rear rest. There's 2 groups on this plate after an elevation change to bring POI closer to center... 500 yards....

[Linked Image]

Tanner

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Please......If you want to discuss LIGHT WEIGHT a NULA is lighter. If you want to discuss ACCURACY lots of brands costing a LOT LESS than a Montana are just as accurate and many are more accurate.

I've got a $250 Steven 200 in 223 that will embarass most Montana's when it comes to accuracy.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid and convince yourselves how great your Kimbers are. Been ther done that. I wised up.

Last edited by Ghostman; 02/07/15.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anybody that hunts and enjoys rifles should own at least one Kimber Montana.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Please......If you want to discuss LIGHT WEIGHT a NULA is lighter. If you want to discuss ACCURACY lots of brands costing a LOT LESS than a Montana are just as accurate and many are more accurate.

I've got a $250 Steven 200 in 223 that will embarass most Montana's when it comes to accuracy.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid and convince yourselves how great your Kimbers are. Been ther done that. I wised up.

A NULA is twice the cost of a Montana and hardly a production rifle.

If you want to talk ACCURACY of lightweight rifles, the first order of business would be to take that POS Stevens and throw it in the trash.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

A NULA is twice the cost of a Montana and hardly a production rifle.

Travis

And the NULA action isn't CRF, doesn't have a 3-pos wing safety, isn't stainless, and its Timney trigger isn't as good as the Kimbers IMO.

And yeah, costs one hell of a lot more. Actually 3x as much.

I think this guys posts on this subject fall under the category "unencumbered by actual thinking."

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Nicely said.

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice Tanner.

I miss my 308 MT so much a guy from the campfire was kind enough to send it back to me in the exchange for a fair price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice Tanner.

I miss my 308 MT so much a guy from the campfire was kind enough to send it back to me in the exchange for a fair price.

And that's why the Campfire is, what it is...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Maybe you can ring them up and have them turn a run out in left hand.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.