24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No pay phones around here. You would have to buy a cell from the store.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my grandparents were almost killed because cops , dps texas rangers went to the wrong house

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sidepass
I am that hi cap magazine owner. Dont care about those that enjoy smoking pot. Don't want a big grow nextdoor.big fence and windows always covered up. Been some pot grow shootouts in my city, don't want them in the middle of a quiet neighborhood. Funny how you want to apply the situation to other ideals.

Not funny at all. One mala prohibitum law is the same as another. When you call to complain about the pot add that you think a shootout may occur. When you call to complain about your own weapons, add that you are doing so because a shootout may occur. That is what the anti-gunners do when they bring up new legislation and it works!!

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Would you rat on him if he was cooking corn squeezins in the back yard??

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

spoken to a local PD LT, and a SGT, both of whom I have known for years. Was told that the dealer was 'under surveillance', and that's as far as it went.

What did you think was going to happen?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe drive to the station, ask for a detective or supervisor, and then hope you are not wrong. There has to be a lot of activity over there at some point. They ain't gonna burn it in the stove. Or quit rubber-necking. You already made one call. Check for a still in the shed. Maybe it doesn't smell strong enough.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hope everybody realizes that when you report things like this it does not mean that the local LE entity is going to have a judge sign a warrant within 24 hours and start kicking doors in.

Joe Neighbor "I done smelled pot before" ain't gonna cut it. They're going to have to present more than just one or two anonymous tips in order to go into a residence.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sidepass
Shootem no swat just a cop and dog to see what gives.

Doesn't work that way dude.

You're gonna have to be a little patient.

Travis

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Most bitch and complain about cops that cross the line, and then want them to knock down their neighbor's doors armed only with an anonymous tip.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Most bitch and complain about cops that cross the line, and then want them to knock down their neighbor's doors armed only with an anonymous tip.

Yes.

The irony is quite thick on this supposedly "conservative" website.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you want cooperation out of law enforcement, build a case for them. Start by documenting the vehicles coming and going, license plates reveal names. Times of day things happen, numbers, any kind of quality intel they can use. A trail camera can do this.

I've given GPS coordinates on grows I've run into on public land. Never went back to check the results, but I sure was surprised how uninterested the local powleese acted. I'm not sure where this stands on their list of priorities, but I suspect very low. The exception might be a well funded police department in an upscale area known as a retirement or recreation mecca. If they could score some "tough on crime" points and get a front page in the paper, they might act on tips. Otherwise, I doubt it.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If you want cooperation out of law enforcement, build a case for them. Start by documenting the vehicles coming and going, license plates reveal names. Times of day things happen, numbers, any kind of quality intel they can use. A trail camera can do this.

I've given GPS coordinates on grows I've run into on public land. Never went back to check the results, but I sure was surprised how uninterested the local powleese acted. I'm not sure where this stands on their list of priorities, but I suspect very low. The exception might be a well funded police department in an upscale area known as a retirement or recreation mecca. If they could score some "tough on crime" points and get a front page in the paper, they might act on tips. Otherwise, I doubt it.

They seem uninterested because the majority of "tips" they get from individuals turn out to jack & schit.

Don't be surprised if they don't jump up and down and suck your dick.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't be surprised if they don't jump up and down and suck your dick.
Travis

That's a cute way of saying, "They don't want to do their job when someone provides them with gps coordinates of a grow they bumped into while hunting".

You have no idea how it goes here. One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

Funny, they'll make it out here for that. Good people get arrested, bad people ignored.

It's coming. Count on it.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Throw a brick through your neighbor's front window then call the cops and tell them 'someone' threw a brick through your neighbor's window. When the cops show up tell them it's a grow house and causing problems.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's a cute way of saying, "They don't want to do their job when someone provides them with gps coordinates of a grow they bumped into while hunting".

You have no idea how it goes here. One night at 11 pm I called in a neighbor that was rattling off a class 3 (or a bumpfire). They said they weren't coming out in the dark. I asked if they were coming out the next day. They said no. No explanation, just no. I told them in that case I'd shoot back if a single bullet came onto my place and put my family at risk. They said they'd arrest me.

Funny, they'll make it out here for that. Good people get arrested, bad people ignored.

I have two questions:

1.) How do you know they didn't investigate your claim? You've already admitted you never followed up on any of it.

2.) Why do you give a [bleep] if your neighbor is shooting a firearm?

Travis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most of these guys would be p#ssed if they had nosy neighbors doing surveillance on their property.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Frankly, I don't give a rats azzz what my neighbor is doing PERIOD. As long as he minds his own business. And I will be doing the same.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad no one called The cops on us when we were burning ammo with the bump stock Saturday

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

spoken to a local PD LT, and a SGT, both of whom I have known for years. Was told that the dealer was 'under surveillance', and that's as far as it went.

What did you think was going to happen?

Travis

Gee, in a sane, normal world, I'd say that I expected a neighborhood drug dealer to be busted. Evidently I don't live in that kind of world.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I have two questions:

1.) How do you know they didn't investigate your claim? You've already admitted you never followed up on any of it.

2.) Why do you give a [bleep] if your neighbor is shooting a firearm?

Travis

You're being obtuse.

I said I was surprised how uninterested they sounded, like hearing about them was an inconvenience. It was plain enough even you might have picked up the vibe. Or not. Should I walk back into the grows myself and check? No thanks, like I said, these people are stupid and crazy. We have the cartels growing here so I'm not going looking for trouble. I'll provide it at my front door, or if they come after my family, but I'm not going looking for trouble.

They were shooting at 11pm with a machine gun. You know, dark thirty, work the next day, kids at home, get it? Would you enjoy it? Not to mention all the parties, loud music, fireworks, motocross track, driving like the road here is their personal racetrack, running people in the ditch to avoid collisions. Get the picture? These neighbors suck.

LOL
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,495
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.