Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Friday the 13th was the day the King of France executed all of the Knight Templar that he could round up. Wonder if Masons consider it unlucky ? wink

I'm not superstitious about any thing.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/01/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Its bad luck to drive drunk or play in the highway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm still waiting to go blind!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No. I even used to go out of my way to walk under ladders.
But out of respect for my mother, I wouldn't step on a crack . . .

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
High speed blowout for me, and an accident for my stepson on Friday the 13th. Worse yet is Christmas eve, lost my father and stepfather on that date.
Christmas eve is low key around our place.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
My father would never put his hat on the bed. Bad luck. Conversely he always claimed that Friday 13th was his "lucky day."

My wife says it is bad luck to put any black clothing on the bed. When I asked her why, she said her mother said it was very bad luck so it's bad luck. Her mother was 100% Scots and we all know that the Scots find stuff to be superstitious about everywhere! grin

L.W.

I resemble that!!! mad

No wait... That should be resent... that’s right, I resent that!!! grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never befriend or drink with a man who uses the following terms in conversation at any time:

tummy
potty

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
kkahmann;
Good evening to you sir I trust the weekend treated you well and thanks so much for the most excellent explanation of "the rules". grin

Honestly I'm not superstitious either - well maybe a wee bit when it comes to hunting....

So I've had two hats that were sorta good to wear when I was out chasing things and there always had to be a blue silk bandanna too. I had a red one once and never so much as killed a coyote when I wore it.

With the blue one on - stuff happened, even way back when.
[Linked Image]

So in the fullness of time that hat wore out and I bought another one. On the way out calling coyotes the first time I wore it, my good wife says "If you don't shoot anything Dwayne, don't be sailing that hat out the window on the way home!"

I shot two coyotes that day and the hat has been golden ever since. Note hat and blue bandanna (one of two new ones that both work) that the short fellow next to the Appy with the dead deer strapped on board her.
[Linked Image]

After reading your post and fully understanding what's gone on, I've now reached a point of enlightenment where I realize it's not mere superstition but logical rules. wink grin

Thanks again sir and all the best to you this spring.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think I have any superstitions, and I consider the number 13 lucky if anything.

My MIL is all sorts of superstitious and my wife has picked up a few of those as well. Women folk just seem prone to worrying, I guess superstitions is a way for them to try and make sense of their worrying.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
As always, good to hear your inputs Dwayne.

Like the winter camo suit.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Two people can go on opposites sides of something as long as one says, "Bread and butter."

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I couldn't think of any hunting superstitions affecting me until I saw Dwayne's picture with the coyote.

White-line spacers. (UGH).

I don't know if it is a superstition or a rule, but please don't make me hunt with a gun with white-line spacers. Sure to be bad luck in the making. LOL.

I have removed a few white-line spacers from otherwise good guns in my day. Sort of akin to an exorcism, I think.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not superstitious at all but many people I know won't close a knife some one else opened.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VernAK
I'm still waiting to go blind!

lmao!

though you did seem to be squinting a bit last time I saw you

course with the looks of your eye doc, a guy can't be too careful, perhaps you should check with her regular

well unless she's the cause of your uh, er.... malady grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My sister and quite a few women won't set her purse on the floor, saying it will bring bad financial luck.
Anyone remember the Deadwood episode where the Bullocks kid was being buried? The whores had about 50 superstitions about funerals.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.