Alright,which one of you bid $20.99? smile

That's the next minimum bid.

Someone bid $0.99
laugh grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Folks over there are messing with him... blush

I'm sure it's not any of you... grin

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Folks over there are messing with him... blush

I'm sure it's not any of you... grin

I know who the current bidder is! He stated he inquired whether he could pay with parking tokens. laugh

I bet douchebag's left eye started twitching!!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
laugh

Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that...

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Maybe I'll go throw 99.00 at it, or not.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Have any of you considered that you are helping to sell this rifle by keeping it bumped up to the top?

How about the long held ideal here that if you did not want something posted here, whether due to the item or other reason, you just move along and not throw stones at anothers item for sale. If the rifle is not worth $1,000 it wont sell. If someone thinks that this combination of parts is the cats meow, let them buy it and be happy.

No dog in this fight as I am not buying guns these days and have not been much for Model 700's or sythnetic stocks. But if I see an item or a seller that I don't care for, for whatever reason, I simply don't buy that item.

Knocking another mans gun or other item here for sale is a far worse act than trying to post an item that is perhaps - and this is for the seller and buyer to decide - overpriced.

This used to not happen here, and was called out when it happened as the very poor action that it was. And still is.

Ya don't think it is worth the money asked or have a beef with the seller? Well allrighty then.... Don't buy the item.

But for cryin out loud don't bash another mans stuff that has been posted. That has never before been considered kosher here, and should not be now.

There now, isn't that easy?

You've really been blessed with tremendous instincts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Have any of you considered that you are helping to sell this rifle by keeping it bumped up to the top?

How about the long held ideal here that if you did not want something posted here, whether due to the item or other reason, you just move along and not throw stones at anothers item for sale. If the rifle is not worth $1,000 it wont sell. If someone thinks that this combination of parts is the cats meow, let them buy it and be happy.

No dog in this fight as I am not buying guns these days and have not been much for Model 700's or sythnetic stocks. But if I see an item or a seller that I don't care for, for whatever reason, I simply don't buy that item.

Knocking another mans gun or other item here for sale is a far worse act than trying to post an item that is perhaps - and this is for the seller and buyer to decide - overpriced.

This used to not happen here, and was called out when it happened as the very poor action that it was. And still is.

Ya don't think it is worth the money asked or have a beef with the seller? Well allrighty then.... Don't buy the item.

But for cryin out loud don't bash another mans stuff that has been posted. That has never before been considered kosher here, and should not be now.

Larry is over 65.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Larry is over 65.

I'm crying here..

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Think larry blew a gasket on that bid. cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bricktop.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Through gunauction I asked if he really knew how the rifle started out and received this tall tale, I mean answer:

Yup just whipping up a story. That^s why I have 100% perfect feedback on every site I buy and sell on. Your smart azz comments don^t really deserve an answer, but being a nice guy I^ll respond. Basically the guy who sold me the rifle lied. When my pals at the Remington collector^s society researched it, it was found to be an action from a 1967 USMC contract in 30-06. Probably went to Nam as a sniper rifle (no they all were not 7.62 NATO) and some how found it^s way back and was used as the basis for this rifle. The whole story will probably never be known but it is a fine 300 H&H from back when 700s were fine rifles. While I know you^re just a trouble maker and certainly not a buyer, common courtesy (something you should work on) dictates my courteous response.

Had I known it was a sniper rifle from nam the first time he listed it here I would have paid $5k for it. Thinking he should stop snorting pixie sticks.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Cool, a sniper rifle, now I'm really wishing I had this.
Easily worth. 5k

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the reason for the new bolt.

The old one was full of notches....

I'm sure he'll find the initals "C.H." carved in the bottom metal..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remington collector's society.. A 'Nam sniper rifle...

This just gets better and better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Camo dip and krylon is a special 1 of 4 collectors item..

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12343245/

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Even story spinning Larry has a hard time making a shrink wrapped A-Bort look good. I wonder if this gun will eventually become a Nam vintage sniper A-Bort... crazy

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You notice I said "shrink" wrapped... laugh

Larry needs a shrink wrap...

DF

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 27 invisible), 1,859 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,290
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.