Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I take any method of payment, including personal checks. I have had no issues.

same here

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Confidence is bolstered by buyer/sellers reputation on this board.
USPS can be a pain in low traffic, rural PO , but once the PO hands you the cash, they can't charge it back to your acc't a week later like Banks or Credit Cards.
You get a phony USPS MO and the post office won't pay it;
You don't ship til you get the $$$ in hand, done deal.
Insure the shipment,no matter who the carrier & It's out of your hands.
Works for me.

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And while were at it, why don't people simply add 3% to their asking price instead of = PayPal gift or +3%. Very tacky IMHO

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJL53
And while were at it, why don't people simply add 3% to their asking price instead of = PayPal gift or +3%. Very tacky IMHO

Scope for sale. $283.25 shipped

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been known to trade for assorted jellies and such....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been known to trade assorted jellies and such.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been known to eat assorted jellies and such

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Kumquats. Kumquats would be my legal tender if I were king, and make change with paw paws.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I go to the closest PO,( 5 miles) there is a 30 minute wait in line.
If I go to the next closest(6 miles) there is no waiting, ever.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't understand why someone who will accept a postal money order as payment won't accept a personal check instead. There does exist, as has been stated, both on line and telephone confirmation of money orders. However, the clearing of a personal check can always be confirmed. It just takes time and usually only a couple of days. As for paypal, why not use it? I hear arguments that "I won't use them because I don't like their anti gun stance". True. However, when I use them for gun deals I feel I'm getting more out of it than they are and I also get the satisfaction of using their service counter to their political agenda. Oh, here's a secret; I never let them know it's a gun transaction.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I actually like Paypal and will send the extra percentage. MO etc is fine but more effort on my part to get one and track the sending of it. Have had things get lost before. I always ask what the person selling wants, and also list what I can do. Never has been an issue for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No guns. No peace. No safety.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SteelCityArcher

Hell yea!

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree with the OP about terms and it is a good reminder about what buyers like to see in an ad. Pictures(in focus) help, condition of item for sale, the more info you give the less time is wasted overall. It also helps a lot to put the item in the topic line so as not to cause buyers to click on something just to find out it's not something they are looking for.

Paypal is great too but keep in mind if anything about the transaction goes south then I think the funds can be reversed leaving the seller in a bad spot, but maybe I am thinking about ebay transactions.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RJL53

If the seller requests PayPal "gift" I will not do business with them. If they will cheat PayPal what says they won't cheat me?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When things go wrong with a mo, you have little recourse.

Last fall I attempted to make a purchase using a usps mo. The mo never arrived. The seller and I stayed in communication but after waiting patiently for two weeks he sold to someone else. We stayed in contact for awhile. My mo never arrived and was never returned as undeliverable. It took the better part of three months for the usps process to complete before I was refunded my money. I'll skip a deal before I use a mo again. Checks and PayPal for me. Never a problem with either one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 37L1
Don't ship until the funds clear?

That one has always puzzled me. What about "don't send funds until the merchandise is received"?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread has been helpful - I never realized the animosity that some buyers hold toward the USPS money orders. The key to any smooth sale has NOTHING to do with the method of payment - it has EVERYTHING to do with communication. In PM, I always provide name, address, email, and phone number and expect the same in return. I've had several buyers call just to verify the phone number or email to verify email - great. It tells me that he or she is just as honest as I am and desiring a smooth transaction. And the key to using PayPal, as already mentioned, is discretion by both parties.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
O boy ,the Classified Police are here again with more faux rules because small things blow their minds.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is really really simple. Post what you will or will not accept in your ad. And if you want a MO please consider a bank MO because in my case it's fast, easy and free.

Never understood why some folks insisted on a USPS MO over a bank MO. In the end it all winds up as cash in your pocket!

I believe the preferred means for buyers are PayPal, personal check or money order from the their easiest source.

Personally, I've made thousands of PP transactions and never had a single problem. Same with e-checks from BofA.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 300_savage, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 64 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.