-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After two thousand years of people devoting their lives to noodling it out you're surprised there have been changes? Not in the basic truths, they are unchanging, but in all the ancillary stuff left to men to figure out.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

What do you really know about his will?

Here's the problem with some here. They can't use Scripture or they will be hypocrites for calling me a biblolater. blush Life on the 'fire is so much fun.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just how does a person properly use "Scripture" (heavy material) and how does one know that he is doing so properly?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"What do you really know about his will?"

I have no idea what His will is for you, or for anyone other than myself. He reveals that to me day by day, sometimes minute by minute.

Apparently He wants me to be content and at peace with myself since that is my usual state. That's a far cry from the way I was the first forty three years of my life.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCCC,

See post above. Maybe after two thousand years of the best heads worrying over it they can give you some clues.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Content and at peace.

That's a good description of me as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just how does a person properly use "Scripture" (heavy material) and how does one know that he is doing so properly?

Proper: As a guide for personal belief and personal behavior, if so incline.

Improper: Anything outside of Proper.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by carbon12

Proper: As a guide for personal belief and personal behavior if so incline.

yep.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

What do you really know about his will?

No one else is giving Scripture so I will. This is the only One I know Which actually uses the words "will of God" that I can remember.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
For how many centuries did he Catholic Church claim children went to Purgatory if they died before their water Baptism?
We'd just be one big happy caliphate, if not for the Catholic church.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good point.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
For how many centuries did he Catholic Church claim children went to Purgatory if they died before their water Baptism?

However that begs a big question. So much of Islam is ripped off from Judaism and Christianity, it's doubtful that without them Islam would have ever emerged.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

However that begs a big question. So much of Islam is ripped off from Judaism and Christianity, it's doubtful that without them Islam would have ever emerged.

Now there is a thought to ponder. I am just guessing but I think you may be right.

On the other hand, it is clear to me islam is of Satan and may have prevailed anyway.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Does this mean you don't celebrate First Amendment day?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

I read a book by an imam. He has a Ph.D in world religions. He graduated number two in a class of 6,000 from Cairo University. He said Mohammad was taught by a demon what to teach and say. The demon would be quite familiar with Judaism and Christianity.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott F

Now there is a thought to ponder. I am just guessing but I think you may be right.

On the other hand, it is clear to me islam is of Satan and may have prevailed anyway.

Islam wasn't always such a backward, anti-progess, messed up religion. Up until the 1100's it was actually very progressive, then along came Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī and it's been screwed up beyond belief ever since.

I don't believe in an anit-christ, but if there ever was one, this asshat was it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Does the 1st need a special day to celebrate it?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Does the 1st need a special day to celebrate it?

I thought every day we could post on the Fire was First Amendment day?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

It may go all the way back to Abraham. Ishamel as I recall was the older brother of Issac. I recall that Moslems claim thier heritage back to Ishmael and in turn to Abraham. Thus Abraham could be considered, by some, as the start of both Jews and Moslems.

Some one with more knowledge can chime in here.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I thought every day we could post on the Fire was First Amendment day?

Approximately exactly.

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 3,335 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.