Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a hunting camp in VT and am interested in finding someone in AK that has a hunting camp there that would be interested in swapping time for hunting and fishing .any takers

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ironbender will do it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately, under AK law, that is considered guiding on this end so you can only do it with transporters or guides licensed in AK...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You mean to say you can't invite some one to your camp to go hunting

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The current guide regulations stipulate that a person may not receive compensation of any kind in exchange for providing assistance to a hunter in the field, unless the person providing the service holds a current registered guide or master guide license.

Copied and pasted

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Shared expenses only.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So if I come hunt with one of you, and you share my beer expense, we're good, right?

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The home state Alaskan has every thing at risk on the violation.

The NR does not have as much vested so it pays to be very careful, F&G does monitor this.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by maggie
So if I come hunt with one of you, and you share my beer expense, we're good, right?

yeah, pretty much!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Shared exspesive so if I let you stay at my place in VT private property as a guest no payment I can't stay in your place In as a guest in AK to go hunting or fishing
It is not like I am a guide here swapping a guided hunting trip for a hunting trip ,all I am looking for is a place to stay to go hunting on my own not a guided hunt .

Last edited by nhFrank; 04/05/15.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The suggestion basically, read the rules really carefully and then decide what they mean.

Just a suggestion.

Your initial post vs the latest sounds like something that was brought to me recently.
We need to build a house so my daughter can stay there while in school.
Ok, you can do that on commercial zoned, but then you can't build your strip mall.

Well, thats not really what I meant, my wife needs and office where my daugtehr can stay a few nights here and there.

Ok, if staying the night its residential, not commercial, same answer.

Ok, my wife needs office, daughter won't be staying overnight, just afternoons...

Its all in how its worded sometimes and what the intent is.

hence the suggestion to go to the ADFG website and read up a bit.

And per your last statement I'd say you are fine. If thats correct.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got ya I know some times things come across not like they should I am not a guide and not looking for a guide just looking for a place to stay to go hunting and I have a place some else could stay while out here that would like a change and a nice visit to hunt fish or just get away

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Personally, just doing what you are doing should be no issue IMHO.

But you never know, which means it pays to google and or make a few phone calls.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a former transporter and guide I can absolutely assure you the Troopers would look at the suggested swap in the first post as guiding... Swapping for ANY hunting help is guiding, and paying a non-guide or non-transporter is the same as paying for the services.

If you have an old buddy from wherever that wants to come up and go hunting with you and share costs that is not a problem... Meeting someone expressly for the purpose of swapping is a problem. Regardless the language of the law the Troopers interpretation is as above.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am offering the use of my place here for some one to use it as they will for the same I am not asking for a guide but a place I can access hunting or fishing on my own pretty simply no guiding services
What I suggested in the first post was to swap my camp for another camp didn't not ask for a guide nor did I offer to guide anyone so sorry for the mix up

Last edited by nhFrank; 04/05/15.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You want a real hoot, Frank, read ADF&G's definition of "take" on game.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

nhFrank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
In what category of take are you referring too

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who knew the "last frontier" was so heavily regulated?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Who knew the "last frontier" was so heavily regulated?

It is extremely regulated. Definitely not worth even coming up here.....like ever!! wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and if you do ignore alaska lanche make sure to bring your own attorney... or better yet hire one when you arrive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.