rong Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many people have misplaced priorities. I'd venture to say most of the parents of those kids could pay to feed their kids if they didn't spend their money on themselves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The government needs to make sure everyone eats 3 michelle obama approved meals per day.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rong

how is this possible in America in 2015?

Mama's a crack whore that won't get out of bed long enough to make her kids breakfast.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Drugs, alcohol, and indifference. Parents have to have priorities, and besides, if they don't take care of their children, tax payers will find a way to make up for their failure as parents.

I used to tutor remedial math to middle-school kids who were mostly low-income and black. I quit when it became obvious to all that they really didn't care and weren't willing to put enough effort into their work.

Or so it seems to me.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
My wife provides some sort of food for a student a fair bit more than once a month.
As an aside, you should see what some parents consider "lunch" for their kids.. A soda or juice and a bag of Cheetos is pretty common.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
even when my son was in the second grade right about 2000... his teacher was in her 60s, and could have retired, but she worked basically to keep giving to kids..

she spent 50 to 60% of her pay check on her students..her husband was well off, so she didn't need the job nor the money...

an example tho, is she would be purchasing lunches for kids..and school supplies... while their parents would occasionally pick them up from school instead of them riding the bus...

and pick them up in a BMW or some spendy deluxed out Pickup with the big lift, tires, rims etc...

and the types were usually dopers, welfare abusers and with the money they seemed to have, either were collecting under multiple identities, or were dealing...

we had one kid like that in the Cub Scout troop, and this kid started to run out in front of a speeding car on the rural road the church we met was off of... I grabbed him before he got hit by the car...

his dad/uncle came running up and knocked me down... and instead of realizing I'd just saved the kid from getting hit was yelling at me to never ever touch his son, or he'd beat the hell out of my ass...

quite evident he was strung out and high on meth at the time...
as the kid's mother was half the time.... yet she drove a 300 Z Nissan.. but had no job...

turned out also, the kid's parents were brother and sister, along with being welfare abusers, meth users.. and his dad/uncle, had a jail record for that stuff that wouldn't quit...

Some people in our society can really be screwed up... and it only exists because our society tolerates it, and enables it all to go on...

Liberalism marches on...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
rong Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sad to think there are that many kids that are hungry,I'm sure it's attributed to poor parenting,inner city, immigrants etc.
I know of teachers buying supplies to help out kids,didn't realize that schools provided 3 meals a day.
Kudos to the teachers,time for the parents to step up,
or is it to late?

Last edited by rong; 04/06/15.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sad to think there are that many kids that are hungry,I'm sure it's attributed to poor parenting,inner city, immigrants etc.
I know of teachers buying supplies to help out kids,didn't realize that schools provided 3 meals a day.
Kudos to the teachers,time for the parents to step up,
or is it to late?

It's the result of a welfare state that pays people who have no business being parents to spit out kids. Have more kids, get more money.

It doesn't matter how much welfare money or food stamps you give these people, it won't go to the kids.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back when I was still teaching, I had a young man wear the same grubby Tshirt and shorts to school every day for 2 months. Having 4 sons, I had tons of real top quality hand me downs for him. I talked to the school nurse, and gave the "goods" to her so I would not be involved. She made sure he got the 2 huge bags of coats, jeans, dress shirts, sweats, etc. Come the following week, the kid shows up wearing his old grubby duds. Talked to the nurse and it seems "Mom" sold all the donated goods for drug $$$. So very sad. He wore his stuff well into the winter. Just saw in the paper the other date that he, now 25, got nailed for meth manufacturing. And so it is with apples.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
its gotta be the damn teachers unions...

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If the kids are getting 'free' meals at school, they should feed them well then deduct that amount every month from the parent's benefits.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When my kids were young, they would come home with playmates from the socialized housing complex down the street. One time, I sent them home to go get lunch, and they just looked at me with a blank stare and said "there's no food at our house".

So I just sighed and made a couple more sammiches. I figure one should not hold the sins of the parents against the children.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I should that I knew a good many aides, cafeteria workers and even janitors who came to the assistance of kids in need, most doing so without any notice. One of the older aides, Ann, was just wonderful and probably gave lunch $$ to tons of kids when needed. Syracuse schools north of me even has a free lunch program all summer when school is out to feed kids. HHmmmm....if you can't care for your kids, why did you have them???

R
rong Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
I figure one should not hold the sins of the parents against the children.

+100

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As someone said, I don't think there are any more 'poor' people today than when I was a kid 40 years ago. Just more self absorbed people that don't give a shiet.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
I figure one should not hold the sins of the parents against the children.

+100

Understood, but others shouldn't be expected to be accountable for those sins. Because we are the trend will continue with no end in sight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
As someone said, I don't think there are any more 'poor' people today than when I was a kid 40 years ago. Just more self absorbed people that don't give a shiet.

i just puked in my mouth, but i agree with you.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
R
rong Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
just more ways to get "more "free stuff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Some people in our society can really be screwed up... and it only exists because our society tolerates it, and enables it all to go on...

Liberalism marches on...

Two of the biggest problems rolled into one, Amen.

Where I work you should see the amount of moms at the park with their faces buried in their Damn phones instead of paying attention to kids......f**king despicable!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.