-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 63 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 62 63
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finally put some good glass on one of my more accurate AR'S so I may have to load up some 69gr bthps and see what it will do.

[Linked Image]

Msrp on that mk6 is kinda ridiculous but they can be found significantly cheaper then that as i did.

Hopefully sight it in and give this a try later this week.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
its got irons on it... shoot it as an iron sighted gun for groups....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tag

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Finally put some good glass on one of my more accurate AR'S so I may have to load up some 69gr bthps and see what it will do.

[Linked Image]

Msrp on that mk6 is kinda ridiculous but they can be found significantly cheaper then that as i did.

Hopefully sight it in and give this a try later this week.

That's supposed to be a great scope........a little heavy for my wallet, eek even at 30% off list, but let us know how you like it after you wring it out.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MM, i totally agree the $2600 msrp is steep. I know of atleast 3 vendors selling the mk6 tmr at +/- $1800, found this one locally for $1500 NIB otherwise the 2.5-10 nxs would have been the choice.

Headed out in a bit to zero and see what's what with it. So far in just playing with it and testing tracking against a plumb line at 25 yds in the backyard I'm very impressed with it for its size (12") and weight (23oz)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one of the 1-6x Mark 6's a couple years ago. It was used with some handling marks, in a LaRue mount. I'm guessing it was a trade in by some 3 gun competitor, and was 1/2 list price on Ebay.

Cool scope. Killed a running hog at dusk with it, earlier this year. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MA, That's a GREAT price, even the $1,800 isn't too bad..........the lowest I've seen them is around $2,000.

I really wish I had more magnification on my precision rifle than the 10x NF that I put on when it comes to shooting small target groups.

10x is fine for the intended purpose of the rifle, but the 18x is surely more conducive to shooting small(er) groups, at least for me anyway.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ok i finally got my shist together and thought i would join in the fun
first
the tool.
scope is a old weaver 4-12 ao
burris pepr mount
20 inch 25-45 sharps ss barrel
founding fathers lower
core rifle systems upper receiver
sharps balanced bcg
reliabolt by sharps
bcm gunfighter ch
ar stoner mags
cmc single stage trigger
velocity of 90g sierra blitzkings 2650
powder aa2200
temp 82" at 2680 ft elevation
my range
[Linked Image]
my set up
[Linked Image]
my targets optic. can't see open anymore.
[Linked Image]
average 2.346 inch. the fliers i heard. powder charge was different somehow.
[Linked Image]

forgot to sign and date. photo bucket is giving me fits so not going to go back and do it now! i swear i shot them today 8/14/2016

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Good shooting 'stalker.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got to eliminate those fliers!
thanks.

tom

Last edited by deerstalker; 08/14/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I tested out my new tack driver this weekend. With 122gr Tula FMJ, it's easily a 5-6 MOA gun all day long when I do my part . No pics of target because I didn't have my wide angle lens.

[Linked Image]AK 47 by X Ring, on Flickr

Last edited by wareagle700; 08/28/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
WE,

I was thinking about buying one of those just so my kids could have the benefit of knowing how to use one and what a huge POS they truly are.

Is there any "brand" I should avoid?

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
I tested out my new tack driver this weekend. With 122gr Tula FMJ, it's easily a 5-6 MOA gun all day long when I do my part . No pics of target because I didn't have my wide angle lens.

[Linked Image]AK 47 by X Ring, on Flickr

You sure it wasn't the loose nut behind the butt??? whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Most of what I researched pointed me towards imported AK's generally being better quality overall and more desireable since they may not come in much longer. I was told to avoid RAS-47's.

This is a good thread that pushed me to the WASR being the best current buy, if you can find one.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/159106_AK_abuse__update_on_Page_11_.html

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You sure it wasn't the loose nut behind the butt??? whistle

Wouldn't be the first time.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
WE,

I was thinking about buying one of those just so my kids could have the benefit of knowing how to use one and what a huge POS they truly are.

Is there any "brand" I should avoid?

Clark

..not if you're trying to show your kids what a POS they are! laugh

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had one of the US made variants. I painstakingly loaded some ammo for it, using quality bullets and Lapua brass. Put the first 3 shots into about 3-4 inches, and then shot patterns after it warmed up. Regardless of barrel quality, the receiver flexing doesn't do much for any optics you put on it. frown

I think if I ever messed with one again, it would be one of the milled guns. But I think I'd rather just find one of the AR's that use AK mags, and then forget AK's

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I don't think any of them are all that accurate. I plan on keeping this one just like it is. It's accurate enough to hit most things inside 100 yards and that's about what I was expecting. I've got accurate guns and I have no desire to turn a 7.62x39 into a precision rifle. This gun was just one to add to the collection while I am able. It's fun to shoot and just a little piece of history to pass along. After the last panic buying, AR-15 prices came down pretty low, imported AK's have only gotten more expensive.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

I was actually shooting one of these yesterday. Clicked the rear sight to the 8 and let fly on the 800yd gong. About five shots in we heard "diiiiing." grin

Pretty fun.

Dave

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One more try at this today with a little more magnification. I took the Nightforce 2.5-10 off and replaced with a 16X super chicken that I use for load development and that kind of stuff.

Load was 25gr of Varget with the 77gr SMK in Winchester brass. A warm load but fairly accurate.

The two shots that went high on the left target were the first two of the day, from a clean barrel. Probably should have fouled it before trying for a tiny group.

[Linked Image]SWFA SS 16X by X Ring, on Flickr

[Linked Image]

Page 29 of 63 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.