Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Okay, since no one has previously entered a 7.62x39, I give you a PSA KS-47. Load is the Nosler 123gr Ballistic Tip, over 28gr of 1680, in Lapua brass. I did not chrono them, but they run about 2550 out of a 22" Ruger #1. OAL 2.21", after I reseated the bullets to fit in an AK magazine.

Nice shootin!

If/when you get a chance, please do chrono those from your AR; 7.62x39 ballistic info from the AR platform is pretty sparse still so it would be a useful data point.

Will do. When I set it up I'll run two or three types of ammo through it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Nice shooting, tex. I'd be willing to bet a better trigger would easily put you under 1.0".

I found I used to think that way also, but if you know how to shoot, its just easier to shoot with a better trigger, but it rarely changed my group sizes much.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what makes you think I know how to shoot? grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
what makes you think I know how to shoot? grin

It's kind of obvious... grin.... I'm going to be pulling a card out of my sleeve tomorrow... It starts with STAG... whistle eek I lucked into something kind of interesting today... cool

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For anyone looking for a nice 308 upper, I am parting with my custom MEGA 308.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12022334#Post12022334

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, you guys warned me these things would start multiplying like jackrabbits!!!!!!!! I haven't even had a chance to put my first AR in the safe with my bolt guns and now I have a SECOND AR. sick... I'm wanting to shoot this event with both rifles today, but my new rifle has a funky target style grip on it. I plan on using front and rear bags and not the grip as a rest, or is a rear rest or palm grip allowed. I went back to page 1 trying to read all the rules. My new rifle is a left hand Stag 6HL upper in a Bushmaster lower. I'm hoping it shoots as well as it looks!!! It kind of fell into my lap and figured I should buy it since I shoot lefty. Pretty damn good deal too. Bore looks sweet and trigger is pretty smooth. I'm still loving my first AR though, as that set-up with the ACS stock is exactly what I have been looking for. I'll be heading to the range here shortly. I will post pics of how my new loads work out too. I also bought some TAC-X made by PMC with 77gr. sierra matchkings yesterday too, that I want to try out. Having a hell of a time typing though, smashed my trigger finger between the case mouth and press lastnight around 10:00 pm when I got in a hurry cry

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wareagle700
For anyone looking for a nice 308 upper, I am parting with my custom MEGA 308.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12022334#Post12022334

That's a great deal on a very, very nice upper with top shelf parts.

If I were in the market for a 308, I'd be on that like a bad smell.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, here's my new rifle submissions:

Just bought this one yesterday:

Stag 6HL (left hand upper) 1:8 24" heavy barrel with a bushmaster lower
unknown trigger (I'll have to pull it out and maybe see if it's a timney??)
PRS stock,
Ergo tactical grip that I'm going to be replacing
Nikon Buckmaster's 6-18x40 in Leupold MKII mount

[Linked Image]

Here's the range: 100.5 yards according to the laser:
[Linked Image]
Shooting from my crappy work table that I converted to my portable bench....

First groups from the rifle. Figured I'd throw some of my handloads in the rifle just for chits and giggles:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like about a 1.179 moa average to me... I really like this rifle. The trigger is sweet and the rifle just wants to please. Now I need to learn how to shoot it. I'm going to be replacing that damn pistol grip, as it just gets in the way.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Here's my Rogue Defense from today:
[Linked Image]

Shot the same handloads in this rifle as I did the Stag above:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I really like this rifle. The trigger is not as good as my new rifle (stag 6HL), but it works well enough. Speaking of the Stag, here's the last group I shot with that rifle today. It's a handload with 25.2gr. of RL15 and the 69gr sierra I wanted to see how well these rifles liked that load before I left the range and she looks pretty good:

This is not a submission group, just the last group fired for the day:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can probably guess what load I'm going to try next in this AR challenge.... Hint hint... grin

I'm going to be leaving in a bit to get a rifle case for my new AR, what is the best grip for this kind of shooting???? Any help mucho appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice shooting bsa! Those stag 6s seem to do mighty fine.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good move on the stag. Shoot that thing proper and there will be 3 of them in the top ten;)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Good move on the stag. Shoot that thing proper and there will be 3 of them in the top ten;)

That says a lot for the stag doesn't it. I'm loving that rifle man. I know a couple of you guys PM'd me and said to buy a Stag, way back when I was trying to decide which one to get. I'm happier than hell this one fell into my lap. The only thing that sucks about it, is now I have brass on each side of the bench to pick up now... grin I really like the new el-cheapo Rogue Defense built here in Oregon too....

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I'll be trying that 25.2gr RL15 load again pretty soon.. It looks like it shows promise.. Just bought another couple boxes of those 69gr. sierras, and new grip for the stag.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sounds Like I need to revisit the Armalite and see if I can improve it smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That Armalite doesn't weigh enough............gottta get something more around 10-11 pounds like the Stag.

Or have GAP build you one................... grin

MM

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
MM they're not heavy, just big boned;)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh Laughin' here...........................

Maybe we need 2 classes of rifle.............those you can carry around with you & one that you need a set of wheels for.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
MM they're not heavy, just big boned;)

I don't mind the weight... It's really not that bad and besides, this is an AR challenge for shooting groups at targets, not running around a course and firing at stuff... If they want to start a positional shoot like Carl Ross did a while back in the rifle forums, I'm game... wink

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I'm extremely impressed with how well you shot that armalite. Went back and read through the posts again and that's great shooting tex!!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I'm extremely impressed with how well you shot that armalite. Went back and read through the posts again and that's great shooting tex!!!

Thanks - I shot those groups with the 77gr TMK - I have some 77gr Berger OTM, that shot better in other rifles, so I think I'll give them a run as well.

Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.