B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Good move on the stag. Shoot that thing proper and there will be 3 of them in the top ten;)

Sounds Like I need to revisit the Armalite and see if I can improve it smile

I'm extremely impressed with how well you shot that armalite. Went back and read through the posts again and that's great shooting tex!!!

Thanks - I shot those groups with the 77gr TMK - I have some 77gr Berger OTM, that shot better in other rifles, so I think I'll give them a run as well.

Damn, pulling out all the stops now. I look forward to hearing your results. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
I hope there are no hard feelings on the call outs. It's just a little friendly competition, just be ready to back up what you claim. wink

New target for scoped rifles:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...y=!ANEKTKrmLUB-fOk&ithint=file%2cpdf

wareagle, I like these targets, is it alright to put my orange dot over the diamond? They are 1" and are what I'm used to shooting at. I'm going to try to shoot a little this weekend after or before a rimfire competition I'm having on saturday. Any info on using the orange dot, instead of the diamond would be appreciated. Thanks...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You can use whatever target you like.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks buddy, I'm just trying to stick to the rules as much as possible. Ordered a new scope and RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger for my Rogue Defense... Damn good deal over at Right to Bear Arms and supply...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I apologize to everyone who has posted targets and hasn't been posted on the scoreboard.

I'll try and update it soon so we can hopefully get this thing rolling again.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm just enjoying the hell out of shooting my first AR's. This challenge gives me more reason to try and hone my skills... Great thread!!

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Was out of the official targets and tried this one today. Shot prone with a bipod, another learning experience for me.

Gun is my Noveske light weight that I stuck together a few years ago.
Scope is an SWFA SS 3-9 HD with Mil Quad reticle in an ADM mount.
Top targets are 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips over TAC with a CCI 41 primer in RP cases.
Bottom targets are 77 gr Nosler Custom Competitions over TAC with CCI 41 in LC cases.

I won't make excuses, it's about as good as I can shoot, no fault of the gun.
The range
[Linked Image]
The gun
[Linked Image]
The target
[Linked Image]
I've ordered 73 ELD's and 77 SMK's too get back into this.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good shooting and very nice rifle. I damn near bought a Noveske upper a few days ago, but stumbled across the Stag first. I'm kind of regretting not buying the Noveske, as it's a heavy barrel 20" upper. Supposed to shoot good too... blush

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
bipods for accuracy require some pre loading of the legs generally, and are really picky about body tension and repeatabiltliy and NPA. They aren't as easy to shoot great groups with as many think they should be.

Nice shooting!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Phooey, did not improve on my score smirk

Dug out the Armalite 15T today, and tried a couple of handloads with Berger bullets. Over on Page 7 it shot .87" and .77" groups with 77gr TMK's. Today it might have slightly improved with the 77gr Bergers, but in both cases a flyer out of the group opened things up. If I would have taken the best 9 of 10, then the groups would have been .84" & .73" with the OTM bullets. The load was 24.5gr of Varget under the OTM 77gr, in Lapua brass, launched with CCI Br4's.

Also tried some of the 70gr Berger VLD match, in an ASC magazine, allowing a little longer OAL. They did not do as well as the 77's, however.

Think I'll try this bullet again, adjusting the OAL and and powder charge. I have an extra Magpul PRS stock too, and it may help some as well. I think mainly the issue is I had not shot the Armlite in a couple years, and more practice is indicated smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If it was easy, everyone would be shooting it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice shooting! You still like the 3-9 swfa? I am thinking either their 1-6 HD or maybe another Leupold 1-6 if I can find one.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yes I still like them. There are a few things I'd change if I could but I was thinking this morning I might replace the 1-6 on the LaRue gun with another 3-9 and shoot it again. Gonna change a few things and see if I can do better.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Dug out the Armalite 15T today, and tried a couple of handloads with Berger bullets. Over on Page 7 it shot .87" and .77" groups with 77gr TMK's. Today it might have slightly improved with the 77gr Bergers, but in both cases a flyer out of the group opened things up. If I would have taken the best 9 of 10, then the groups would have been .84" & .73" with the OTM bullets. The load was 24.5gr of Varget under the OTM 77gr, in Lapua brass, launched with CCI Br4's.

Also tried some of the 70gr Berger VLD match, in an ASC magazine, allowing a little longer OAL. They did not do as well as the 77's, however.

Think I'll try this bullet again, adjusting the OAL and and powder charge. I have an extra Magpul PRS stock too, and it may help some as well. I think mainly the issue is I had not shot the Armlite in a couple years, and more practice is indicated smile

You may have maxed out the barrel already for a factory barrel......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

I think it's me more than the barrel, but I will work on a couple things

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495

I think it's me more than the barrel, but I will work on a couple things

[Linked Image]

Nice shooting there tex. I'm changing up a few things on my Rogue Defense to make it more like my stag. Just installed the RRA 2 stage varmint trigger. It's not as nice as the trigger in the Stag. Damn I forgot to pull the trigger in that rifle and see If there is some kind of stamping to tell me what it is. It's pretty sweet... The Rogue Defense is going to get a new scope tomorrow too. Not that the Terra is bad, because it's actually pretty good glass when I look through it... The new AR specific scope should be better though. A little more X's so I can see the target better.. wink.. Yeah, I'b blind... grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every time I go to the range I forget to shoot this. Was just there last Wednesday playing with the 77 OTM's in my 18" SPR. It shows that it will go sub moa with this bullet but not all day every day yet.

My old standby 69 gr load is still my best efforts and consistently will do a better then moa.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
somewhat .75 moa is a lot for a factory armalite barrel.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's still a fairly new barrel, and may settle in some more. I cleaned it prior to Sunday. It may like a little fouling.

But the Magpul PRS looks tempting, too.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Every time I go to the range I forget to shoot this. Was just there last Wednesday playing with the 77 OTM's in my 18" SPR. It shows that it will go sub moa with this bullet but not all day every day yet.

My old standby 69 gr load is still my best efforts and consistently will do a better then moa.

[Linked Image]

Beautiful rifle man. You left out the target pics though. I know I remember seeing the specs of the rifle before because I really like this one. Been searching for one similar and finally found one. Your's looks to be mostly Aero Precision with a magpul PRS. What kind of trigger does it have??

BSA MAGA
Page 34 of 63 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (300jimmy, 10Glocks, 41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 11 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,441
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.