Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 63 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 62 63
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
I have had really good results with Hornady Steel Match loaded with their 75 gr HPBT. This in my HBAR. I recently bought a bunch on sale from Midway for $20 a box of 50. I whacked a couple of hogs with it a couple of months ago too.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/8...low-point-boat-tail-steel-case-box-of-50

I haven't found the 75gr. stuff but so far the 55gr shoots very well and is pretty cheap.

Although I still say Fiocchi is the best bang for the buck in factory ammo.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Although I still say Fiocchi is the best bang for the buck in factory ammo.
Dave

This, in both the 69gr SMK and the 77gr SMK. I look for it where ever I go. I managed to pick up 100 rds of the 77gr SMK's in Lewiston, ID a few weeks back to wring out a new barrel.

I just haven't found either load online...maybe my Google-fu has stopped working.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ed,

Do you mean a load to duplicate or to buy the ammo?

Graf's has both.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was looking to buy the ammo.

I've been busy playing with TSX & TTSX to hunt with and haven't been playing with target loads at all.

I don't know why, but Graf's keeps slipping my mind when it comes to Innanet searches. Thanks for the heads up!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
couple boxes of federal gold match 69 gr is supposed to arrive today. now, to round up some shooting time ...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by paulfish308
now, to round up some shooting time ...

I haven't been able to find that anywhere. It's been harder to get than H-4350. Let me know if you know where some is. wink

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Been pretty hot in tn, still gotta get out and zero my new rear sight set up bout 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch low at 50, then do some 100 shooting.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats the ONE thing I miss about service rifle. We had to get ready in the summer for Camp Perry. I"ve passed out twice in TX heat in a shooting jacket....no shade on ranges and straight heat and you are prone slow fire at the worst time of the day usually...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
well, the ammo DID get here. shooting time is available, but at a cost of distance ...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Need to get some mr31 tgts ,tried to print em out from the link. I cant get the scale correct. The cheatham wma range has really good concrete benches, but the place opens at noon and it is friggin hot. The best time to go is weekdays and advoid the weekend bubba laying down the lead crowd. Basically hoping for some cooler temps and less humidity. It would be nice if a northern pressure front moved in for a couple of days.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/17.
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i have a line on a range that is much closer than my son's place. only open on weekends, though.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I am about tempted to contact the manager of cheatham wma and see if i can shoot at 1st light somehow and skate on out by 9 am . Dont know if that will fly, cause if i am seen doing it then it will open up a can of worms for him probably. I got a pretty good bench i made but it has a little bit of wobble and i shoot out in a state forrest depending on the spot i am at out their, 1spot i have it is braced against a tree but only have 95ish yds. It is more of a .22 50 yd spot. Have run into state forrest workers. The official policy is no shooting outside of hunting seasons. But they dont seem to mind after stopping and checking out my rig and letting them fire it a couple of times. Aint noone out their this time of yr except them on a rotating work assignment between the other state forrest.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/17.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
after we move in a month or so, we'll have a back yard 100 yards long, and neighbors on either side who also shoot ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
50 and 100 yards are good practice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Ed,

Do you mean a load to duplicate or to buy the ammo?

Graf's has both.

Travis

You'll find better prices on that stuff, if that's what you like, from SGAmmo. They have both 77's & 69's.

Fiocchi Match Ammo

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
I am about tempted to contact the manager of cheatham wma and see if i can shoot at 1st light somehow and skate on out by 9 am . Dont know if that will fly, cause if i am seen doing it then it will open up a can of worms for him probably. I got a pretty good bench i made but it has a little bit of wobble and i shoot out in a state forrest depending on the spot i am at out their, 1spot i have it is braced against a tree but only have 95ish yds. It is more of a .22 50 yd spot. Have run into state forrest workers. The official policy is no shooting outside of hunting seasons. But they dont seem to mind after stopping and checking out my rig and letting them fire it a couple of times. Aint noone out their this time of yr except them on a rotating work assignment between the other state forrest.

There is no year round hunting season on something there?

I feel for folks without their own range. Ours goes to 600 and use it whenever we want. Even at night time for shooting groups without wind or mirage. Mirage in the day is often as bad as the wind when its fairly calm.

Not sure how I could live if I couldn't go out the door and shoot if I felt the urge.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ya their are yr rd seasons on stuff to hunt, hard to use that as an alibi shooting off a bench. The forrest workers are cool about it when they see me though. Ft campbell has good private wpns range, but i just dont feel good about registering my ar into another fed data base. My hunting rifles are regerstied to hunt on post and i dont even feel comfortable with that at times. Montgomery county shooting complex 100yd range sucks, they have picnic bench setup no back elbow support . The 200 to 400 range has benches you can get into and carpeted elevated prone also. But they wont let ya set a target 100. Both are adjacent to each other divided by a huge berm and you can drive down the 2- 400 to place tgts. The 100 is rso run, the 2- 400 is shooter cold / hot run. Their aint no range fan conflict between the 2, just someones petpeeve when i asked, Gawd...... 9 bucks a day not bad. Cheatham wma tier 1 free if you have hunting license, excellent benches , best time to hit is weekdays to advoid nashville wkend crowd, but dont open till noon. Growing up in maine i never had probs going out shooting. Its just the way things are inthis day and age.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The funny thing is 7yrs ago. I had the range managers job offered to me at the montgomery county shooting complex based on my military exp and dod/ fed courses and quals from the army and contractor with range control on ft campbell. I went out to the interveiw took a tour with honcho,s from twra, the biggest thing they was stuck on was getting regional and nationwide trap and skeet shoots , drawing em away from nashville. I told em in a polite way they dumped too much money into trap and skeet ranges (with no voice command system of all things)and being almost 20 miles from hotels and places to eat and 25 miles off the interstate system. To this day that plan has yet to happen , they do sell hotdogs now and have a indoor latrine complex on the range, but their aint chit going on with that trap and skeet complex, the same 100 yd benches are the ones i talked about 7 yrs, i geuss people dont wonder why their shot groups go low right or left with their elbow out flapping in the air. I declined the job offer.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/21/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can only imagine how some public ranges are.

Just feel for folks not as lucky as I am.

Though the legs rotted out from under my 300 yard bench, needs to be rebuilt. And I should build a 25 yard for handgun accuracy only testing, IE load testing or maybe 50 yards.

But have a portable steel bench on skids for 300 to 600, have the frame work up for a prone 8x8 foot bench at 600.

Always wanted to put a bench on our back tank dam, there is a big dip between 600 and about 987 or so to teh dam, so nothing in between, but the one on the dam would also have to be elevated a bit due to terrain. Would sure be nice though.

Probably won't get that far trying to move to AK for most of the year for the rest of our lives in a few years so just trying to catch up on maintenance on 100 acres, buildings and 3 houses is driving us nuts right now.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I live in an older subdivision, got a whoping 1.10 acres.....a public range can get reaaaaaaal interesting at times, hit em during week days or go out to the forrest by myself is the way to roll.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/21/17.
Page 40 of 63 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.