Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 63 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 62 63
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by 79S
After reading it again I’m confused. You bring up a great point. I can buy the m-lock rails and mount them at 9-3-6 o’clock also they sell them to meet half the man Minimum half length of the Handguard
You're gonna have to.

That’s what I figured, at first I thought you were saying m-lock float tubes were not allowed.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
ARIC

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image]

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
NICE

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Lennie
[Linked Image]

Good shooting lennie. Looks like what my M&P 10 performance center 6.5 creedmoor did the other day. You should shoot 2 groups side by side and submit your target. Looks damn promising... Can the rifle and shooter do it again?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Well I loaded 12 hornady's for the 100yd standing slow fire lol. The rest will be Sierra's, this will be at 100yds they will be using SR1 200yd Targets reduced to a 100, SR21 300yd targets reduced to 100yds and MR31 reduced to 100yds.

Hey John, would they allow a 6mm wildcat built on an ar15 platform? I can see some usefulness in one of those over the 556. I plan on trying my new 6mm WOA here in the next week or so.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Well I loaded 12 hornady's for the 100yd standing slow fire lol. The rest will be Sierra's, this will be at 100yds they will be using SR1 200yd Targets reduced to a 100, SR21 300yd targets reduced to 100yds and MR31 reduced to 100yds.

Hey John, would they allow a 6mm wildcat built on an ar15 platform? I can see some usefulness in one of those over the 556. I plan on trying my new 6mm WOA here in the next week or so.

In the nra provisional class AR tactical yes you can. We shoot the mid range prone 300,500,600 yds for a total of 60rds plus sighters and fun shoots we shoot 20rds 600yds. Funny story my buddy brought his 6.5 Grendel he ran out of ammo after the 500yd line. He wasted most of it on sighters we had unlimited sughters. So he used my AR to finish course at 600yds. I bust his balls about it now, telling him don't forget to count your ammo.. lol

Side note we also shoot slow fire on all stages so single load. But I'm now using 77gr TMK .420 BC very consistent for me. Nosler 77gr rdf .457 BC I would get an odd flyer at 600yds. We are talking after 4-5 10's then bam a 7 wtf. Ok wind adjust (I don't hold for wind, I adjust my turrets for wind) I know I know. Anyhow next bullet be on the other side be a 7 or 8. Adjust back to original setting and start hitting 10's and some 9's. That 6mm WOA be a good one for sure..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

In the nra provisional class AR tactical yes you can. We shoot the mid range prone 300,500,600 yds for a total of 60rds plus sighters and fun shoots we shoot 20rds 600yds. Funny story my buddy brought his 6.5 Grendel he ran out of ammo after the 500yd line. He wasted most of it on sighters we had unlimited sughters. So he used my AR to finish course at 600yds. I bust his balls about it now, telling him don't forget to count your ammo.. lol

Side note we also shoot slow fire on all stages so single load. But I'm now using 77gr TMK .420 BC very consistent for me. Nosler 77gr rdf .457 BC I would get an odd flyer at 600yds. We are talking after 4-5 10's then bam a 7 wtf. Ok wind adjust (I don't hold for wind, I adjust my turrets for wind) I know I know. Anyhow next bullet be on the other side be a 7 or 8. Adjust back to original setting and start hitting 10's and some 9's. That 6mm WOA be a good one for sure..

We may have to talk via pm about those 77 tmk loads. I just picked up some for my North Tech Defense... I'm thinking they would be the schit in that rifle... Yeah, the 6WOA is a holliger devised cartridge. This one has a Shilen match grade barrel, and supposed to be a tack driver. We shall see. I'm hoping it likes the heavy sierra's...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

We may have to talk via pm about those 77 tmk loads. I just picked up some for my North Tech Defense... I'm thinking they would be the schit in that rifle... Yeah, the 6WOA is a holliger devised cartridge. This one has a Shilen match grade barrel, and supposed to be a tack driver. We shall see. I'm hoping it likes the heavy sierra's...

I thought about building something else but I have 4 5gallon buckets of 223/5.56 brass lol.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

I thought about building something else but I have 4 5gallon buckets of 223/5.56 brass lol.

Now that is an idea. Take that chit to the scrap yard and sell it, then buy or build a good 6 or 6.5 mm... ha ha.. You would love my performance center 6.5 cm. That new 6mm WOA is going to be a shooter too. I'm going to pull the barrel from my Noveske and put the 6WOA 22" Shilen on her. Should be a shooting machine. Just ordered some 5, 10 and 25 round ASC 6.8 spc mags and a new low profile gas block so the NSR will slide over it with no problemo.... wink . The heavy 20" Noveske barrel might be for sale before too long... We'll see how the WOA shoots first though...

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Now that is an idea. Take that chit to the scrap yard and sell it, then buy or build a good 6 or 6.5 mm... ha ha.. You would love my performance center 6.5 cm. That new 6mm WOA is going to be a shooter too. I'm going to pull the barrel from my Noveske and put the 6WOA 22" Shilen on her. Should be a shooting machine. Just ordered some 5, 10 and 25 round ASC 6.8 spc mags and a new low profile gas block so the NSR will slide over it with no problemo.... wink . The heavy 20" Noveske barrel might be for sale before too long... We'll see how the WOA shoots first though...

[Linked Image]

Don't sell the 223 wylde short. We are hanging with guys using 6xc and 260 Remington these guys are high master shooters as well. You just become better at reading wind, you also take notice what bullets they are using as well. Will say in our little local shoots Berger bullets and Sierra's rule the roost.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know the Wylde is a great chamber. I've just been wanting to experiment with a good 6mm. I was actually thinking about trying the 25-45 sharps at one time. But this 6WOA fell into my lap..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know the Wylde is a great chamber. I've just been wanting to experiment with a good 6mm. I was actually thinking about trying the 25-45 sharps at one time. But this 6WOA fell into my lap..

I thought about the 243 lbc round as well.. maybe this winter be a good winter project.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Anyone else shooting their AR's or "black rifles"?

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I will shoot the 358 Winchester next time I am at the farm. I will probably need to buy a better bench and maybe a better trigger monkey though to really show what this rifle is capable of.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Darryle

I will shoot the 358 Winchester next time I am at the farm. I will probably need to buy a better bench and maybe a better trigger monkey though to really show what this rifle is capable of.

Good luck buddy. It's always good to shoot this event and see how well you and your rifle really perform.. I put all of my new rifles to the test of these challenges.. Just shot some targets earlier today after a centerfire rifle shoot I had at my club.. I had to fix an ill Tikka CTR. It's back in excellent health now though... wink . Some of these mother fu ckers think you don't need to bed them to get the most out of them. I've proven it more than once that it is often needed and never hurts. This particular CTR was ailing pretty badly...:

[Linked Image]

This sob was sloppy. Tell me that doesn't hurt accuracy... Please tell me..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Good luck buddy. It's always good to shoot this event and see how well you and your rifle really perform.. I put all of my new rifles to the test of these challenges.. Just shot some targets earlier today after a centerfire rifle shoot I had at my club.. I had to fix an ill Tikka CTR. It's back in excellent health now though... wink . Some of these mother fu ckers think you don't need to bed them to get the most out of them. I've proven it more than once that it is often needed and never hurts. This particular CTR was ailing pretty badly...:

[Linked Image]

Well how did you do? And in the picture what are exactly looking at?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Well how did you do? And in the picture what are exactly looking at?

I did alright. It was just a hunting rifle shoot my club puts on. I used my superlite. That rifle is a tack driving sob. The CTR i was talking about is one i glass bed a couple days ago. She sure is a sweet shooter. I call it CTR#2. My first CTR shoots better, but thats just a matter of finding the right load for the old girl. In the picture i posted, you can see the wear line from it rocking back and forth in the milled slot. One of Tikka's better ideas. I guess.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
is that part of a mag box? I have still no clue what I"m seeing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

We've shot ours a few times here lately between pistol matches but we're shooting prone using the mag as a monopod and sitting at 200 and standing unsupported at 100 and while I'm pleased with the results we're getting, I'm not posting any pics. wink

But we're shooting pencil barrel carbines, 1-4 scopes and M193 ammo...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

We've shot ours a few times here lately between pistol matches but we're shooting prone using the mag as a monopod and sitting at 200 and standing unsupported at 100 and while I'm pleased with the results we're getting, I'm not posting any pics. wink

But we're shooting pencil barrel carbines, 1-4 scopes and M193 ammo...

TWR, I hear you my friend. I went to a hunting rifle shoot yesterday and we shot field positions. My offhand is a little rusty as well!!!!! Reminds me that shooting off the bench a lot is good for shooting tiny groups, but we still need to be able to steady ourselves in other positions. Glad to hear you are shooting though.

BSA MAGA
Page 55 of 63 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
527 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.