Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 63 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
is that part of a mag box? I have still no clue what I"m seeing.

Ha ha.. Yeah, my camera lens may need some cleaning. It's a recoil lug from a Tikka..... You can see where the milled slot was wearing away at the lug. There was .030" movement/end play between it and the rifle itself. She was a bit sloppy. Sad to say the CTR was shooting like this when I first got it:
[Linked Image]

Getting randon flyers as well:
[Linked Image]

A rifle like that should be driving tacks. I shot it yesterday before my hunting rifle shoot and this was it's first 10 shot group:
[Linked Image]

Then the next 2 10 shot groups:
[Linked Image]
That is with scope adjustments (shown on target pic).

Then my last groups. I dropped #9 and got pizzed and threw another 6 shots into the same hole, just to make sure the rifle was good to go:
[Linked Image]

One thing about that shot that I dropped, I noticed a difference in how it chambered. I think it was one of the left overs from my savage 12fv. I was sizing them differently for that rifle... Now that I have 5 (I think) 6.5 creedmoor rifles, I'm FL sizing everything (especially for the M&P 10)...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
358 Winchester Aero Enhanced receiver set, Wilson Combat 16" barrel, Wilson Q-Comp, Wilson/SLR Adjustable gas block, LaRue MBT 2s trigger, Slash heavy 308 Carbine buffer kit, Toolcraft DLC BCG, Aero Enhanced Gen 2 15" handguard

I could not remember if it was 10 or 20rds, so I ran 20 thru it at 100yds. I also forgot to take the range picture and I left my scale laying on the bench. I am not close to being in the running, I am just too old and I don't have the steady hand I did 20yrs ago.

Big outer ring is 2" for reference.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a nra highpower shoot today at 100 yd reduced Targets, SR-1, SR-21, and MR-31. Standing unsupported I had a whopping 69 points with two misses, then sitting supported I had 89. Then rapid prone I had 91 then 20 slow fire I had 171 total score 420.. I did have wrist surgery on my right hand Friday. So little sore from that I blame the 2 missed shots on 🤪😝

Just looked the last match I shot that was like this I shot a 402.. I also missed two shots in standing unsupported.

Last edited by 79S; 07/28/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We are not high power shooters by any stretch of the imagination. Me and my buddy are shooting with WOTG slings, my "rifle" is a 16" chrome lined pencil barrel from Sionics with a Trijicon 1-4 scope shooting M193 from IMI. His rifle is a 16" Faxon pencil barrel, a Leupold 1-4 with a German #1 reticle and LC XM193.

Since we don't have coats, we are using the 30 round mag as a monopod at 200 prone, shoot 5 rounds, mag change, shoot 5 more. Sit up and shoot 5 mag change then 5 more at 200. Then stand up and shoot 5 and 5 at 100 yards. The targets are sort of B8 sized I guess with anything out of the 7 ring a miss.

I think he set a par time of 45 seconds for each stage but I shoot it around 30 seconds no matter how slow I try to go. It's fun and breaks the routine of pistol shooting we've been in.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
We are not high power shooters by any stretch of the imagination. Me and my buddy are shooting with WOTG slings, my "rifle" is a 16" chrome lined pencil barrel from Sionics with a Trijicon 1-4 scope shooting M193 from IMI. His rifle is a 16" Faxon pencil barrel, a Leupold 1-4 with a German #1 reticle and LC XM193.

Since we don't have coats, we are using the 30 round mag as a monopod at 200 prone, shoot 5 rounds, mag change, shoot 5 more. Sit up and shoot 5 mag change then 5 more at 200. Then stand up and shoot 5 and 5 at 100 yards. The targets are sort of B8 sized I guess with anything out of the 7 ring a miss.

I think he set a par time of 45 seconds for each stage but I shoot it around 30 seconds no matter how slow I try to go. It's fun and breaks the routine of pistol shooting we've been in.

You should try high power you Guys will really like it. Trust me you don't need jackets just yet. Give it a shot if you like then start picking stuff up.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Shooting slower in rapids is only to win matches, shoot it at the speed that you get hits on really for practice for reality. Thats one reason I like NTIT so much. Or did when I still shot.

the reduced 100 yard match takes more accuracy from you and the gun, those are hard little targets to clean. But conditions don't apply really so thats the flip side.

As to shooting offhand its an art, one that I never did really get good at. But its not a bad thing to practice.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Darryle
358 Winchester Aero Enhanced receiver set, Wilson Combat 16" barrel, Wilson Q-Comp, Wilson/SLR Adjustable gas block, LaRue MBT 2s trigger, Slash heavy 308 Carbine buffer kit, Toolcraft DLC BCG, Aero Enhanced Gen 2 15" handguard

I could not remember if it was 10 or 20rds, so I ran 20 thru it at 100yds. I also forgot to take the range picture and I left my scale laying on the bench. I am not close to being in the running, I am just too old and I don't have the steady hand I did 20yrs ago.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That being a 20 shot group, is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Thats very good in my books. Much better than most that claim to have a 1/4 moa AR thats meaning one group once of 3 shots...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooting slower in rapids is only to win matches, shoot it at the speed that you get hits on really for practice for reality. Thats one reason I like NTIT so much. Or did when I still shot.

the reduced 100 yard match takes more accuracy from you and the gun, those are hard little targets to clean. But conditions don't apply really so thats the flip side.

As to shooting offhand its an art, one that I never did really get good at. But its not a bad thing to practice.

They have Ar15 pellet guns at sportsman warehouse. I'm going to get one to practice shooting offhand. Here at my house

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Darryle

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice shooting buddy. Rifle looks good too. If you get a chance, shoot 2 10 shot groups side by side on the same piece of paper. Looks like the rifle and you do well... Thanks for posting..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

That being a 20 shot group, is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Thats very good in my books. Much better than most that claim to have a 1/4 moa AR thats meaning one group once of 3 shots...

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Very nice shooting buddy. Rifle looks good too. If you get a chance, shoot 2 10 shot groups side by side on the same piece of paper. Looks like the rifle and you do well... Thanks for posting..

Thanks guys! I am far from what I was when I used to handle nuisance coyote control for the county.

I will shoot two 10 shot groups next time out, @ $33 a box this isn't the most expensive round I a rifle chambered in, the 458 Socom wins that race hands down.

I am thinking about putting a better scope on this, I was only concerned about 100-140yd shots on pigs, but I think I may hunt deer this fall with it and some of our shots reach out to 300yds.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S

They have Ar15 pellet guns at sportsman warehouse. I'm going to get one to practice shooting offhand. Here at my house

I'm torn. I almost think an electronic trainer and live fire are the best. Pellet guns are so slow. And 22 rimfire isn't much faster. I do like 22 rimfire for prone slow though, but the slow rounds do not relate very well to the aggressive shooting one needs to do, IMHO, to conquer offhand highpower. 3 times as slow and you can't learn to expect the shot and grab it. The timing will be off. Just my take of years of trying.

Larsen was dead. Almost totally dead. Larsen was HOT this morning. You will understand.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm torn. I almost think an electronic trainer and live fire are the best. Pellet guns are so slow. And 22 rimfire isn't much faster. I do like 22 rimfire for prone slow though, but the slow rounds do not relate very well to the aggressive shooting one needs to do, IMHO, to conquer offhand highpower. 3 times as slow and you can't learn to expect the shot and grab it. The timing will be off. Just my take of years of trying.

Larsen was dead. Almost totally dead. Larsen was HOT this morning. You will understand.

Good to hear about Larsen.. I would love to sell the house here Wasilla and move to willow with property so I could set up,a back yard range and practice shooting offhand.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
WTF. I thought Larson was dead?

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
CPR

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Here is another one....not winning any contest with this submission....but it's better than not shooting

Rifle: BHW 1:8 twist, SSA-E, PRS, SWFA 12X, etc....

105 BTHP
37.5gr RL-17
Lapua Brass
CCI 200

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

0.993" AVG
0.948 MOA

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919

Here is another one....not winning any contest with this submission....but it's better than not shooting

Rifle: BHW 1:8 twist, SSA-E, PRS, SWFA 12X, etc....

105 BTHP
37.5gr RL-17
Lapua Brass
CCI 200

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

0.993" AVG
0.948 MOA

Very cool. Nice rig. I like to see how the ar10's shoot. Was shooting mine yesterday and it spanked the CTR ,at 400 yards, wearing its Nightforce. Checking my custom dial on the burris AR762 4.5-14x42. Poi was off by 2" elevation and 2" to the right. 10mph constant wind from left to right explains the poi shift. When verifying poi, i shot 3 shots and that damn performance center printed a nice triangle at 1.5" c to c. The CTR was 2". Later i was smacking the 2" plate pretty consistently with the CTR: 8 out of 10

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Top 10 Scores to this thread are looking something like this. OP can confirm:

1. scenarshooter (Mr. Pat Sinclair): .475 MOA. We all know GAP is damn good. Too bad I can't afford one. How about you guys? Optics on this rifle were second to none as well. Damn good shooting Mr. Sinclair:
GA Precision GAP10, 6MM Creedmoor
Barrel: 21" Bartlein 5R 1-7.7"
105gr. Scenar
Scope: 3-12X50 S&B PMII

2. m1919: .682 MOA:
RRA Predator Pursuit upper
SSA-E
Standard A2 stock and grip
16X SS on a SSALT
50gr. A-max

3. BSA1917hunter: .777 MOA
Northtech Defense 20" fluted stainless barrel
2 stage RRA varmint match trigger
Burris AR556 rifle scope with windplex reticle
73gr. ELDM

4. tex_n_cal: .783 MOA:
Armalite 20" heavy barrel
16x SS SWFA
77TMK

5. KeneticPerformance: .819 MOA.
Barnes Precision BPM 15
Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm G2 in LaRue mount
69gr. Nosler

6. bsa1917hunter: .833 MOA:
Stag 6HL, Black Rain Ordanance BCG, PRS stock, RRA National match 2 stage trigger
Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 with Leupold mount
69gr. Sierra BTSP

7. BSA1917hunter: .834 MOA
Northtech Defense 20" fluted stainless barrel
2 stage RRA varmint match trigger
Burris AR556 rifle scope with windplex reticle
73gr. ELDM

8. MontanaMan: .867 MOA:
Viltor MUR upper, Aero Lower, WOA 18" barrel gun with a NF SHV 3-10 scope

9. Fiddy: .896 MOA
Stag Varminter (Model 6) with SWFA 16x FF
Black Hills 69gr. MKHP

10. Certifiable: .935 MOA
Stag model 6
SWFA 16x
SWFA SSALT mount
52gr. sierra in PMC brass

11. MontanaMan: 1.004 MOA
Not sure on the set-up due to lost pictures...

Awesome shooting guys!!!

Bump. Sorry, doesnt include m1919's most recent sub moa score with his 243 AR10, or my recent .907moa score with my new performance center 6.5 cm ar10. Good shooting guys! Looks like 8 shooters to produce sub moa results with their black rifles. Lets make it 10!!! Whose going to be the next to step up to the plate? Any of you camp perry boys that step in from time to time interested? Keep them coming guys. The op said this one is going to keep going. Good luck!

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
bsa must have run out of ammo bump....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
.935!? Jesus what a loser... I’m gonna shoot this with my sks next

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
bsa must have run out of ammo bump....

Ha ha. I've been busy with life. Running back and forth between here and Reno. Finally got home yesterday and shot then and today. I fought with the 6WOA yesterday. Today i tore it apart. I returned my Noveske back to its former self. It shoots better as a 556 for some reason. Ill post up some pics when I get home

BSA MAGA
Page 56 of 63 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,982 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,258
Posts18,467,084
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.