Campfire Ranger
Huh I'm still in 4th place after 5 years. Nice smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

ARIC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Tex, I dont think you have much to worry about.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This is a recent build. CMMG barrel. BCM hand guard. Anderson upper. PSA Christmas story lower. PSA BCG. I need to do some brass separating and see how it will group.

Loads were 55 FMJBT with 26.0 grains CFE223 CCI 400 primers

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is the range. Target is the second furthest at 100 yards.

Twenty rounds, mixed brass-LC, FC, PAC

Ten rounds with mixed brass

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice rifle Lennie. Print up some targets and go shoot this thing... What a lot of us found was we'll get a stellar group and then the other one will fall apart. Sometimes I shoot this damn thing and after the first group, think I have this in the bag man, then fall apart like a wet paper sack on the second group. I did that the other day when I shot my CTR.... I can't wait to try it now that I glass bedded it though... Should be better... Good luck with this shoot lennie. Nice to see guys are still out there shooting....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lennie
This is a recent build. CMMG barrel. BCM hand guard. Anderson upper. PSA Christmas story lower. PSA BCG. I need to do some brass separating and see how it will group.

Loads were 55 FMJBT with 26.0 grains CFE223 CCI 400 primers
That shoots very well. With good bullets it would definitely shoot under 1 MOA.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Please bear in mind the targets were shot normal orientation but I wasn't paying attention trying to get a photo you could see the calipers on better so the angles were weird..

So you can see I'm not scared to show how rusty I am.

You are a great shooter buddy, but I'm treading on your heals with the new sights....

Rifle:
Noveske 20" medium weight varmint, stainless 1 in 8" twist 3 land barrel. Geiselle SSAE trigger, badd lever, Armaspec ambi controls, PRS gen 2 stock, NSR 16" handguard, N4 upper and lower. Sporting Ultradyne C4 flip up back up irons:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Target set up downrange at 100 yards. If you look through the peep in the picture, you might be able to see it..:

Target pic, shot today under less than ideal conditions:

As per usual, caliper on one of the groups for reference:

Calculated out, ended up being 1.585 moa AVG.... I believe this same load shoot around 1.1 moa avg with an optic on the rifle... Actually, here is the target it shot with the 4.5-14x42 on top:
Same load as I shot today...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For open sights use the MR31 targets,

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rifle AR15 with 1-4 swfa on it, 18 in green mtn barrel. I didn’t take picture of it or the range. I loaded these all up with 23.2gr of AR-comp. Hell if I Mount a 10x on it probably tighten couple of those groups for sure.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 04/29/20.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
J, i like how you posted different bullets and loads for each group. I do that on occasion because im shooting 10 shot groups to check the accuracy potential of a certain load and still want to post results on this thread. Kind of like killing two birds with one stone type of thing. Hey, by the way, i did use a bigger aiming spot on my iron sight target. They are real similar to the NRA target you suggested. Thanks for posting your targets. Im hoping we have a great weekend, i want to play around with my irons again... i also see your rifle liked the 77TMK. That bullet really seems to want to please.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 77gr TMK load is 1.020 moa the 73gr eld m is just a [bleep] hair over moa at 1.070. That 75gr hornady bthp needs some work.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like how your rifle is shooting the 77TMK load. My Noveske was shooting it about that well. I only ran them up around 2650 fps though, as the max fps listed with RL15 was 2600 fps. As we know AR Comp is just a re-formulated RL15, but most say you should reduce book charge weights by 5%. By doing that, your max book load would be somewhere around 22.8 gr's... One thing I noticed when I was working up loads with AR Comp was as I approached 22 grains of powder with my AR's, I had surpassed the 2,600 fps mark the book suggests as max:

My bolt gun has a slow barrel compared to my AR's and I was up around 2690 fps with 22.3 grains of powder:

Its funny though, AR comp is listed in the bolt gun data:

The predator bolt gun is liking the 22.3 gr charge wt of AR Comp though:

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s the max load for 223 Remington chamber. I’m running a Wylde chamber and can run to 5.56 pressures. the hornady manual they have 5.56 data for AR comp, that’s where i got my start point. the Sierra has a lot less bearing surface than the 75gr eld-m as well so using hornady data shouldn’t be an issue.. For those that are using 223 remimgtons I would definitely back off my load or get your chamber cut to a 223 Wylde chamber.

Last edited by 79S; 04/29/20.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
That’s the max load for 223 Remington chamber. I’m running a Wylde chamber and can run to 5.56 pressures. the hornady manual they have 5.56 data for AR comp, that’s where i got my start point. the Sierra has a lot less bearing surface than the 75gr eld-m as well so using hornady data shouldn’t be an issue.. For those that are using 223 remimgtons I would definitely back off my load or get your chamber cut to a 223 Wylde chamber.

I'm running compass lake chambers and they are even tighter than the wyldes. They way they shoot I'll never have mine cut to the wylde.. I don't need to run it smoking hot to still be effective.. I should check that manual and see if maybe it has 556 loads in it as well...

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm running compass lake chambers and they are even tighter than the wyldes. They way they shoot I'll never have mine cut to the wylde.. I don't need to run it smoking hot to still be effective.. I should check that manual and see if maybe it has 556 loads in it as well...

It does, I have the manual, I used the load data for the 80gr eld-m for my 75 and 77 loads. Hornady max load for the 80gr eld-m is 23.2.. I’m pushing them, but not like majority of high power shooters are pushing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

It does, I have the manual, I used the load data for the 80gr eld-m for my 75 and 77 loads. Hornady max load for the 80gr eld-m is 23.2.. I’m pushing them, but not like majority of high power shooters are pushing.

Im sorry j, i was talking about the sierra manual. I checked, it only has ar15 data and bolt gun data.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my experience, the CLE chamber gets the same velocity as a Wylde with ~ 1/2gr less powder.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Man, that 77 TMK just shoots huh? I know it’s been very good to me in both bolt guns and ARs. Pretty hard on animals as well.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Man, that 77 TMK just shoots huh? I know it’s been very good to me in both bolt guns and ARs. Pretty hard on animals as well.

Its an impressive little pill scotty. Even my 1 in 9 twist 223 likes it.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
In my experience, the CLE chamber gets the same velocity as a Wylde with ~ 1/2gr less powder.

Thats good info Tyrone. Ill have to look at my data and compare my 556 chamber velocities to the compass lake chambers, but that sounds close to what ive been seeing. I do know my newer cle chamber windham weaponry barrel was throwing out some screaming fast numbers (2744 fps avg) compared to my other rifles. After i saw those readings, i didnt try the next step up in charge weight (.3 grains).

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Rost,
Thats good shooting whether you like it or not. Something to work towards for all of us.

Scenarshooter,
I knew GAP's would shoot but daaannnggg. Thats a laser, good shooting and congrats, I think you will be in first place for a while.

TWR,
Nice shooting, looking better and better.

348srfun,
Not bad at all considering the non-floated chrome lined barrel. Really good in my opinion. If yall would mow the grass out there it wouldn't deflect my shots as much and I could be up there with scenarshooter. wink

Current Rankings:

Optics:
1) scenarshooter: .475 MOA (page 6)
2) jimmyp: 1.085 MOA (page 5)
3) TWR: 1.110 MOA (page7)
4) Certifiable: 1.155 MOA (page 5)
5) wareagle700: 1.246 MOA (page 1)
6) BGunn: 1.265 MOA (page 2)
7) 348srfun: 1.449 MOA (page 7)
8) tex_n_cal: 1.461 (page 5)
9) jimmyp: 1.537 MOA (page 5)
10) fredIII: 1.736 MOA (page 5)
11) Formidilosus: 1.787 MOA (page 4)
12) Mathsr: 1.928 MOA (page 4)
13) wareagle700: 1.968 (page 5)
14) TWR: 2.308 MOA (page 1)

Iron Sights:
1) rost495: 199-8x / 1.351 MOA (page6)
2) wareagle700: 167-0x / 3.320 MOA (page 1)

Not too many guys shooting irons in this challenge. I know its old, but the op said it would stay open indefinitely and we would keep shooting it. Damn rost, that is impressive shooting with irons buddy. I'm closing in on you though... Wareagle was definitely right when he said it gives us all something to work towards. Thanks for setting the bar high, even if you don't think you shot well.

Rifle: Gen 1 Noveske 20" medium contour varmint. Using back up iron sights made by Ultradyne:
Sorry about the blurry cell phone pic

Target downrange at 100 yards from the bench:
Just took the scope off in this pic. Was doing some load development with the 75gr Hornady match bullets and AA2520

Target pic:
Iron sight rifle score of 1.378 MOA

And of course calipers thrown down on top of a group for reference:

Last but not least, that 1.134" group also scored 100-7x...:

Today was not a great day for shooting. It was a windy biotch. Here are some other targets shot for score:

BSA MAGA
Page 61 of 63 1 2 59 60 61 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.