-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He shoots about 500X as much as me in any given year, and if you do the things he advocates (kiss, find pressure, rock on), you'll very quickly be in the holy land for accuracy.

At that's my experience.

β€œLive free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't forget......START FROM THE PHUGGIN START!!

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 05/15/15.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Larry (AKA Big Stick)
There is one question that is driving near to the point of getting off the couch-How have you refined your reloading techniques to feed the high volume of shooting you do? Something tells me you aren't using a Lyman 310 tong tool and weighing every powder charge.
Thanks in advance for answer, even if it's abusive and demeaning-

Royce

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jkobble,

You be sure to put your quivering lips to the keyboard,ala your trembling fingers ...if/when you can Pretend to Imagine my being "mistaken". Then I'll happily take the time,to rub your nose even further in your fhuqking stupidity.

I've mentioned more than once,that you are a clueless hack and you aren't fit to rebarrel a milkshake with a fresh straw. Though that's hardly a "secret". Bless your heart.

Hang some pics of you in the field with a .338" bore. Hell...just hang a picture of yourself and quantify the innate hilarity of crossed-eyes and drool,then cite the last time you were Outdoors.

Laughing!...................

'Walter,

Slow day today.

My RAR 5.56's 4.5-14x 40mm M1 Reupold puked on it's 2nd shot this morning,at the 900yd line. 1st poke was in the berries,the next was 10' off and then it got worse,less any erector movement other than the initial input. The 4.5-14's remain the BIGGEST pieces of fhuqking schit to drip outta their Factory,whether 1",30mm,non-A/O,A/O or side focus...I've had 'em all. Old news,but still fhuqking funny!

Confirmed come-ups out to 450yds ala Annie 54 Repeater and 10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker. Did likewise with the BHOTP and it's 10x MQ(18" LW at .720"). Took the Baby BR for a stroll to 1050yds and it's 6x MQ is still reliably arranging sensational POA/POI correlations with A-Max(8" Brux at 20" in a dupe). Let a pard flog on it purty good,as I called wind for him and he practiced slidin' the reticle for same. Weather blew up and played some straight up subtension,along with erector dial and wind slidin' on the LBBMFER with a visiting pard(18" 1-8" C/L middie). My '10 Krunchenticker proved itself nicely with 155 Skinners out to the 900yd line,with a new to it 10X MQ(replacing a 6x MD Fixed Fhuqker). Never got crazy with the 300Super and 155 Skinners at 3500fps ala MK4 M1 10X MD,but hung a few as the warm/fuzzy and it's never not dazzled(1-10" PN at 26"). The Squealer mighta stole the show,as I had a pard whistle through 100rds of FF fodder largely as fast as he could via AICS mags,building me cases with 75 A-Max at 3030fps in front of 'Evolution...got some seriously stupid good dope on that bitch and had it out to 1150yds and small change(1-8" PN 3-groover at 24"). Then slapped things around with my Kimber Pro TLE II frame,aboard a Marvel Unit One conversion. Then squirted a few 162's in an OEM Montucky Whizzum,playing in the wind with it's MK4 M1 10x MD.

Pards were fielding a blend of OEM stuff(R-25 Krunchenticker/90 Skinners at 3000fps/10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker) and Customs too(3-grooved 1-9" PN Montucky 7Whizzum in a dupe and a Brux #3 1-8" 23" 243AI/105 HPBT Hornies) ...you know,the usual. The only things that won't/cain't kiss,were the Krunchentickers and their OEM spouts. I'm about done with the 308's spout and will go 1-8" 243 and a throat that'll smooch 105 HPBT Hornie's at mag confines. Lilja does them well and BHW is no slouch. Decisions...decisions.

Anywhoo...I then hit the house and put some [bleep] away,grabbed a bite,then Sister and I went Bear Gawkin'. She had a PN 1-9" 3-grooved 7Whizzum Montucky dupe in her mitts(6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker) and I grabbed the Super for giggles. We passed up (3) victims and one was definitely on the cusp,of being aerated with a 162 at the 330yd line,it were close.

Now I gotta peel off that fhuqking piece of gawddamned schit 4.5-14x and throw a right proper Fixed Fhuqker aboard,so the Lion will again roar. Big Momma was good enough to check the mail and I had a Rogers Super-Stoc waiting for me at the house,so yarded it open,picked a shim,affixed the foam and slammed it aboard the LBBMFER here minutes ago. Will start R&D on it too,in the AM and initial impressions are beyond positive.

Tomorrow will be zero confirmation,come-up correlation and Booner investigation.

It's rough.....................(grin)

'wsm,

There's much to be said,for cutting to the fhuqking chase.

Though I do enjoy a good Ladder Story.

Laughing!.................

Royce,

The ONLY time I use a scale,is to confirm a micrometer adjustment on my thrower,when going from one chambering to another. It's been 3 decades since I've weighed or trickled.

I tend to size in beeg lots and will often salt away prepped/primed brass,so when it's time to load,it's a breeze. That's typically how I feed my Dillon too and mainly just throw powder and seat bullets with it(550B as I prefer it's more finite control,over the 650 or 1050).

I'm at ease in long nights on the press and early mornings on the trigger and tend to run myself ragged for 2wks of vacation every month. I've never been much fun to try and keep pace with,especially when Feesh is thrown in the fray.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in....................

Fred,

Where's the 338 pics?

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Big Stick
Thanks-

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................

That is tag line material right there.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by 117LBS

That is tag line material right there.

Dam straight it is. And the best part of this thread.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In overview,the 338 Ultra is the LAST fhuqking chambering that needs "souped" up,as it comes outta da can in marvelous form. Now noone fhuqking hates the POS Wyatt's extended magboxes more than I and I'd much rather go DBM instead of that. For a straight up Killing Rifle I'd simply build a 24" 338Ultra that'd kiss a 250 Skinner in mag confines,leaving .050" or so to chase lands. I could happily suffer an extended COAL DBM on a Giggles Rifle.

Which DBM do you like for RUMs, 'Stick?

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Here you go dick breath.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 05/16/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LBS',

I reckon it do say more than a smidge,that most are talking about Pooty....though poor Fred is still taste testing dicks.

Bless her heart....................

'41,

It'd be tough to top the hilarity of a Drooling Dumbfhuqk actually being able to convince herself,that an Edge has a 440fps advantage over her boyfriend's Ultra.

Bless her heart..................

'K,

It'd be foolish to deviate a mainstay AICS footprint and a breeze to opt a 338 Lapooey 3.850" COAL mag slated to same(Accurate Mags)...when all you gotta do is Jane Fonda the bitch and remove a rib.

Though I'm sure there are folks lined up at the gate,happily awaiting opportunity to fhuqk that up.........................(grin)

Fredrica,

Sugar Titts...while everyone else is musing the feminine form,you've the "luxury" of being the ONLY kocksucker to quip Oral Mantitude in the firsthand. Congratulations?!?

I reckon them Bitch Titts of your's,rub you more than a little wrong and you just gotta lament them lactations. Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that your Estrogen fueled build,is heralded in all it's "splendor" with a Lawn Shot. Bless your heart...you Clueless Kchunt,you REALLY get after it!!! Laughing!

If you had as many dicks sticking out of you,as you've had stuck in you...you'd look like a fhuqking Porcupine. I mean a 300lb Porcupine. Laughing!!!

PLEASE do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,because you are doing "great". It is yet another Ripe Opportunity for you to lament,why you were born a Perpetual Poozy. Laughing! Perhaps offset that by citing your vocation?!? RE-laughing!!!!

Just sayin'.

Wow +P++!!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 338 RUM is quite pedestrian in comparison to many but bugholes the 210 TTSX and 250 Scenars and i have no need for more.

- Standard 700 in 338 RUM
- Barrel set back enough to line up lettering and chamber redone with Hendriksen reamer.
- HS stock and DBM. Planned McMillan and AICS but found Stock, DBM, 2 Mags (338 Lapua mags with Sticks tweaks mentioned above) for $275 new.
- Timney trigger at 2.5 #'s
- 2.5-10 Leica up top.

Like I said doesn't look like much but carrys and kills great:

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Glad you were impressed stick if you knew how little it cost me you would be jealous but you can't handle the recoil on a gun like this anyway. By the way the 7-08 AI JUST FOR CONVERSATION nice choice my wife loves hers. She even named our new puppy ackley to tribute the genius. [Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 05/17/15.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looks Like a nice hunting 338 rum to me is it your elk hunter and what break do you have on it. Off subject but I see your from the wet side If the hoof rot keeps up the elk will be gone around here in a couple more years. And the big 338 will be for bear and targets. What range do you shoot it at pe ell has 500 meters. And I have a spot on the coast that has 800, 1000 1200 and a mile. Lots of wind and fun to see those big 300 gr splash at a mile.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
did you get hit in the head by a choker again. I'm going shooting will catch up with your little tiny ego to night.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, man.

'K,

It'd be foolish to deviate a mainstay AICS footprint and a breeze to opt a 338 Lapooey 3.850" COAL mag slated to same(Accurate Mags)...when all you gotta do is Jane Fonda the bitch and remove a rib.

Though I'm sure there are folks lined up at the gate,happily awaiting opportunity to fhuqk that up.........................(grin)

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Addict,

My Ultra prolly became Legendary,with 210X's at 3400fps...................(grin)

Fred,

You Whining Do Nothing Kchunt...it remains yet another of life's constants,that them the quickest to muse jingle,are the one's with the least of it. Congratulations?!?

The LAST thing to interest me,is a good "deal" on a piece of fhuqking schit,but you know your "standards" better than anyone else. Laughing!

What was it that you do for a "living" again?!? Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that despite two FULL scoops of Magic Fairy Dust(pun be intended and mebbe someone will take pity and explain it to you) your Edge remains a Do Nothing Piece Of Schit,just like you. What were the "odds"?!? Laughing!

If only to fuel your Imagination and grant you opportunity for more Pretend,I'll paint a poignant picture with but 1000 Ultra words. It's funnier yet,that you are devoid the faculties,to process the info! Hint.

[Linked Image]

A touch fresher skull. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Then perhaps 1000 words on a teenage girl swatting Critters of a magnitude beyond your means,ability and comprehension...if only to say sumptin' in Whizzum.

[Linked Image]

Then I'll quip sumptin' about a Legendary Pink Rifle a 75X and a wayyyyyyy pre-teen girl kicking your pathetic ass and life's "results". Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Then I'll mix it up a smidge and crush your Magic Fairy Dust with but 30grs of powder,20" barrel and an itty-bitty 105A-Max. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I reckon someone who "does" as "much" as you,prolly is exceedingly wellfounded in getting giddy at the opportunity to FINALLY fhuqking go shooting for once? I really hope your Big Weekend Trip(BWT) is "rewarding" for you. Laughing!

I do this daily. Just sayin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I get it that you are an AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk,but I'm here to help and you ASSUREDLY will be wanting to take notes and apply same. Hint.

This is what a Dog looks like,though I enjoyed the picture of your Cat...nearly as much as the image of your Safe Queen Do Fhuqking Nothing Rifle! Thanks for the oblivious humor and your willingness to give everything your "best"!!! Rest assured,that the ONLY reason the schit is funny,is the FACT that you are actually doing your best. Laughing!

Though in fairness,you certainly don't have much to work with,but alas...Imagination and Pretend are free,then there's those BIG Weekend Trips a coupla times a year,when it "all" comes together for you. Laughing!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/2R8G3494_zps3d7adacb.jpg[/img]

And you wonder aloud and often,why you are such a poozy?!? Pretend ain't real Toots,no matter how much time you spend Imagining it to be. Hint. Laughing!

GOOD talk and I don't know which is funnier,your pending silence or more hilarity via your version of the Outdoors and all it's "splendors" that you "partake". I'm crying...I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!! You are doing "GREAT"!

Fhuqking Wow +P++!.....................

KDK,

I need to have a reason to DBM and avoiding a POS fhuqking Wyatt box,is a GREAT fhuqking reason and more than plenty reason enough.(grin)

AM mags aren't as tough as AICS,but they've the COAL advantage and I happily use them in multiple applications. Having trouble now with a coupla AICS 223 mags,as they wore quickly and are wanting to spit out contents using SAAMI hulls. It's a non-issue in formed 223AI cases,but I've currently got The Squealer set up as a dedicated Forming Rifle(aforementioned 75'Max at 3030fps) and I'll swap the problem mags over to 6BR,to feed a modest weight/length Chassis build. Would LOVE to see 10rd S/S double stack 223 mags,wearing 2.550" COAL and slated to an AICS DBM footprint. They'd be THE fhuqking ticket.

Gotta go run through a coupla different lots of ammo,for a coupla different rifles dry...so I can get everything loaded up for the next pass.

Prolly been a fair to middlin' R&R.......................(grin)

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It really gets under your skin that I have my [bleep] together and am your superior in every way . Keep on logging little man and telling your self how awesome you are whistle . I kinda figured you live under log pile but I thought you would keep your guns under your mattress not on top of the houses. They on the roof just for the photo and then back in the hole I know.

frown i notice those young ladies look pretty bummed out for killing such nice bears I would have to guess they are actually your girls and they are miserable due to the fact they are being raised by a father with such a schitty dispositions and such emotional scars.

oh the edge is pushing 285 amax at 3155 from the shooter vel calibration and she's nails at 1400. Trying new bullets for fun. They were free. You can only wish you could get [bleep] stuff like mine for free.

One thing I did notice that Was weird when I was out shooting to day. I scratched my balls and thought of you then I realized it was because your head was not in the way this time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fred,

My RUM is sans brake. Its pretty much a hunting stick. Since that pic i added a 20 MOA rail and use a 6.5-20 VXIII with M1 for play. Day to day it typically runs the 2.5-10 leica for elk and bears.

As for my range it has target butts to 550 yds. My lab breeder is a close family friend and we ended up emergency fostering a gorgeous yellow lab out of Eastern WA. Owner couldnt keep him due to work schedule and the wife fell in love so we kept him. His original owner is a combat wounded scout sniper who is the current long range instructor for a high end co. out of CO. (I hate to name names but a quick google or PM would yield a lot, lol), so i have an open invite on steel to 1 mile.

I grew up hunting deer in the Blue Mtns and as such i have formed friendships with a lot of farmers on the east side where i can push to a mile.

I'm far from a LR mystro, its all fun and games for me. But for deer,elk and bears out to about 800 they better not stop and give me a shot or they will likely get a ride in my Ford.

Being about 2 hrs north of you hoof rot hasnt hit us yet. We manage a very high % of bulls each year on the wet side. Just put in last week for permits, our group put in for White River and Green River Watershed for our trophy draws. All 4 of us have 7-8 points so odds look decent to draw. If not we will set up camp probably out on the coast.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My gun has a schrewd break not a big fan of the dust cloud but she eats most of the recoil I do most of my hunting locally but with this new pay to hunt stuff it's getting harder to hunt. I also did my draws last week it's crap how much it costs wit how they busted everything up. I think I have 13 points and green river is my first choose then that pack wood rut hunt#2 I think it's crap the way the east and west side is busted up I would love to draw a blue mountain bull tag but if not selected it's spikes only not for me I just wait tell I get a multisession and put in then. Our group got 5 out of 8 tags filled not bad we average 3 to 6 a year. But dad and the uncles are getting older and slower every year. It's still fun this year belonged to my brother he killed a nice bull and a good buck. sounds like the state record sheep is in the swakaine right now he's a hog buddy sent me pics last week that he took. That would be a dream hunt seems like only woman and children draw the sheep goat and moose tags the guys that really want them have no luck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've drawn youth goat and sheep tags but none of the trophy tags as an adult. The Swakane is a great sheep unit, i"ve had the privilege of helping 2 buddies for sheep there and 1 in Selah Buttes. A Wenatchee SWAT guy shot a stud a year or 2 ago in the Swakane and ive surely seem better scouting.

I only swapped to West side elk a few years ago but our group has done really well drawing branch antler permits for Peaches Ridge, Naches amd the like. I've had the privilege twice to draw the 346 early trophy tag and have 1/2 dozen 320-350 bulls under my belt.

Our private access in the Blues backs up to the wilderness area and crazy amount of good bulls there. Dan Agnews govenors tag bull was shot 1 ranch over.

Im hoping for the watershed or white river but am realistic. I have helped 3 buddies pack bulls in the watershed. None were trophy guys and all shot +/- 340 class bulls within 500 yds of the mainline which is common there. Not many guys are willing to burn boot leather with "good" branched bulls on the road system.

If drawn i will try to set my minimum at 360 or so but with a baby on the way and due to be 2 months old at elk season lord knows what will happen if a good bull is found.

Our Cow draws are Johns River (crazy easy),and a few of the Elma late hunts (Jan-feb). We have duck/goose leases in the area that hold elk and permission from the land owners if drawn.

Page 2 of 51 1 2 3 4 50 51

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.