Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I recently purchased what appears to be a little used BL-22

I got on UTube to view the dis-assembly videos and fully understand the process.

The problem lies with getting the pieces apart. After I remove the screw from the side of the receiver the internal parts of the receiver and buttstock assembly will not separate from the outer receiver "shell"

Tugging doesn't help. Wrapping the receiver in a towel and lightly tapping with a rubber mallet doesn't help.

Before I go any further, I wanted to see if any of the BL-22 fans might have experiences with this rifle that can guide me.

Appreciate any help that can be offered

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If I may ask, why do you need to disassemble it?

Maybe there's a draw bolt holding the receiver "shell" to the stock. I've never taken one apart, but that would be my first guess. Remove the butt plate and see if there's long hole with a screw at the bottom. If so, a long screwdriver is what you need.

DF

N
N
Don't remember exactly, been a while, but as I remember it, you need to spread apart the receiver by the hammer and then the insides will slide out from the back (pull the stock) while you are spreading apart. Also the easiest way to mar the receiver. You really need a jig for it but somehow I remember spreading apart the receiver about a 1/16 inch or so on each side and pulling the bolt,lifter etc as one unit straight out the back. If you don't spread the receiver apart a bit the inside parts will never come out. Best analogy I can come out with is that you are trying to pull someone with their head stuck inside a metal fence. get two guys, have each pull on each bar around the head and have the stuck guy pull(the stock and innards) and out pops the head leaving a hollow receiver. ( parts should not touch the receiver as you pull them out) I do distinctly remember telling myself never again. (now have a marlin 1897 texan) hope it helps.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSwNQyMstQY You probably already saw this, but you have to open the lever to take it apart. Don't lose the little ?!!!?@?#?$?!! spring.....

N
N
Sorry about my earlier reply. I only partially remembered the take down(more tham 30 years ago).I think it was because I first tried to take it apart with the lever closed like a marlin and it wouldn't fit out the back and I thought , gee they dont want anyone working on these at home. Only after not getting it out and fooling with it did i realize the lever had to be open. Sorry, my memory is working stranger and stranger these days. I give thanks we have youtube these days.Not like the dark old days when trial and lots of error on my part got it done. take care.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Helps a LOT! Still royal PITA to keep the ejector and spring in place. I truly enjoyed the "outakes". If I had another one of these(loved it - gave it to my granddaughter)I would get another spring. You WILL lose it, sooner or later! Mine was really accurate, and pointed so well, I would fold down the rear sight, and point and shoot like a shotgun, for fun. Worked pretty good, too!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are a pain in the butt to put back together. Taking them apart has been pretty simple in my experience.

Here's mine...

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.