Home
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Excalibur Micro 340 - 07/07/20
Arrived yesterday. I got a package deal from Wyvern Creations. Still putting things together and happy thus far. I'm pleased with the minimal width and weight of the rig. I sprang for the Charger EXT crank, mostly because I didn't want to fight with it if I had to reload in a tree stand, and because I wanted EZ un-cocking. Not cheap, but I hunted with my last kit for 2 decades (or more). We'll see how she hunts ...

Feels wrong posting about a crossbow in this forum, and overall weird after a lifetime of archery. Such is life, and I'm glad to have more hunting ahead.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Excalibur Micro 340 - 07/07/20
Closer than 40 yards, you'll bust bolts on each other.

Love mine - did you get the Quick TD, or the one bolt through the barrel?

I take mine down with the bolt for storage and travel - keep it in this case: https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/bowtech_tech/explore-takedown-case

Works great, and makes storing the x-bow much easier - I thought removing the bow might an issue, but I've had great repeatable accuracy over about a year.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Excalibur Micro 340 - 07/07/20
i have the 355 fps full size xbow i have stuck bolts together at 50 yards . 7 people on our lease have excalibur bows and every one shoot like mine .you will like it
The one with the barrel bolt. Looks good to me.

Originally Posted by AH64guy
Closer than 40 yards, you'll bust bolts on each other.

Love mine - did you get the Quick TD, or the one bolt through the barrel?

I take mine down with the bolt for storage and travel - keep it in this case: https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/bowtech_tech/explore-takedown-case

Works great, and makes storing the x-bow much easier - I thought removing the bow might an issue, but I've had great repeatable accuracy over about a year.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Excalibur Micro 340 - 07/07/20
I just listed a Micro 335 in the Classifieds here!
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Excalibur Micro 340 - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Arrived yesterday. I got a package deal from Wyvern Creations. Still putting things together and happy thus far. I'm pleased with the minimal width and weight of the rig. I sprang for the Charger EXT crank, mostly because I didn't want to fight with it if I had to reload in a tree stand, and because I wanted EZ un-cocking. Not cheap, but I hunted with my last kit for 2 decades (or more). We'll see how she hunts ...

Feels wrong posting about a crossbow in this forum, and overall weird after a lifetime of archery. Such is life, and I'm glad to have more hunting ahead.

You have purchased an excellent bow....Enjoy! And good hunting.......Hb
Where were you when I needed you? smile

Originally Posted by saddlering
I just listed a Micro 335 in the Classifieds here!
© 24hourcampfire