Home
My first Montana Bull public land DIY Solo hunt opening day 2020. Hoyt Vantage Ltd, Easton Arrows, Evolution Outdoors Hyde Broad heads, and Ultimate Predator Decoy. If you don't have Ultimate Predator Decoys you need to add it to your hunting gear. 10 yard shot, bull gave zero that I was there behind the Decoy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: DeadHead Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/06/20
Nice bull! Congrats

Agree on the decoy they work great. Have used the antelope one with good results as well
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/06/20
It doesn’t get much better than that, congratulations!
Congratulations !!!
Posted By: GregW Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/06/20
Great job. I've got those decoys as well. Some deer/elk they work great on. Some are scared of it and run.

Great job again. Now take a nap ..grin...
Congratulations that’s awesome. Nice bull.
Thank you all I appreciate it.
Congratulations! Nice work!
Congrats - impressed with the Hyde?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Congratulations! Nice work!

Thank you
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Congrats - impressed with the Hyde?

Thank you.

Yes It is a very good head. The expanding blades in my opinion could be thicker material. That is just me being picky.
Posted By: bigwoods Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/07/20
Heck of a bull and even better being a public DIY! Congratulations!!
Posted By: Craig2506 Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/07/20
Excellent job!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/07/20
Outstanding MH, congrats!

I'm glad you like the broadheads and decoy and everything, but what I want to know is, what kind of cupholders do you use in your truck? Custom, or off-the-shelf??
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm glad you like the broadheads and decoy and everything, but what I want to know is, what kind of cupholders do you use in your truck? Custom, or off-the-shelf??
ck

Haha LMFAO stock 2004 F-150! I don't hunt high fence so I don't rate the custom stuff.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/08/20
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
My first Montana Bull public land DIY Solo hunt opening day 2020. Hoyt Vantage Ltd, Easton Arrows, Evolution Outdoors Hyde Broad heads, and Ultimate Predator Decoy. If you don't have Ultimate Predator Decoys you need to add it to your hunting gear. 10 yard shot, bull gave zero that I was there behind the Decoy.

="s badass !!

Well done MCH !
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/08/20

ck

Haha LMFAO stock 2004 F-150! I don't hunt high fence so I don't rate the custom stuff.

Thanks Boys, needed the belly laugh !

grin
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

ck

grin

This is NO LAUGHING MATTER! You aren't a "real" bowhunter until you hunt high fence and make your own custom cup holders! Luckly for me I can kill small wild free range elk and my truck came with stock cup holders. smile smile smile
Posted By: smokepole Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/09/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

ck

grin

Truth is stranger than fiction. I think that's the same as saying "you can't make this schidt up."
Posted By: Region6 Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/11/20
Excellent work!!! Congratulations!!!
Congrats on a great bull! Well done!
Posted By: Buckman Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/16/20
Any pics of the entrance or exit holes? Nice Bull congrats.
Originally Posted by Buckman
Any pics of the entrance or exit holes? Nice Bull congrats.

No I didn't I try to keep them as clean and free from blood and guts as possible
Posted By: SLM Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/16/20
Nice, congrats.
Posted By: ribka Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/16/20

Nice what head you shooting?
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/16/20
Congrats on the nice bull.
Congratulations nice Bull
Originally Posted by ribka

I used the Evolution Outdoors Hyde Mechanical. Had been testing them all summer.
Posted By: Cattledog Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 09/17/20
Well done, that's a fine bull, congrat's !
Very nice!
Wow, nice! Congrats, that's cool as hell.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 10/08/20
Just saw this....All around impressive....Congrats to you !

very cool. Nice work. Congrats. Decoy sounds interesting.
Posted By: ribka Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 10/08/20
Originally Posted by ribka

I used the Evolution Outdoors Hyde Mechanical. Had been testing them all summer.

sweet.
Posted By: 1IV Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 10/27/20
Georgous bull. Congrats
Posted By: BigBen42 Re: Public Land DIY SOLO Elk - 11/13/20
Nice job! Congrats!
© 24hourcampfire