Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/16/20
It's that time of year again,the boat is put away and it's time to gear up for archery season. Some changes from last season,lost one of the 3 properties I hunt,and Turk property has a housing development going in directly on the back property line which will cut out a huge chunk of deer habitat. Hoping they don't start site work till spring and I get one last season in before things change up.Of course it's the first year in many that I won't be chasing the Turk as he was killed last season. Cameras went out on one property last week and 2 more went in on the Turk property a couple days ago.
Things are what they are and I'll make the best of this season as I actively search for some new property and maybe a chuck of my own to buy.
Here are a few pictures I have got to this point

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/16/20
I always look forward to this thread.

Good luck Dan !
Good luck Dan.

Looks like that doe has some sort of funky looking wound to her face.
Posted By: bigwoods Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/16/20
Always a great thread. Good luck Dan.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/16/20

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Good luck Dan.

A cutaneous fibroma that’s caused by a papilloma virus. There’s also a smaller one on her shoulder.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Good luck Dan.

A cutaneous fibroma that’s caused by a papilloma virus. There’s also a smaller one on her shoulder.

Thanks for that. Ya learn something new every day. I've seen some funky stuff on deer, but I can't say I've ever seen that.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/25/20
Thanks for the Kick off Dan! always enjoy this Thread! Happy Hunting!
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/25/20
Good luck and do your best to get some of your own. Best thing we ever did. Thanks again for taking us along for the ride.
Posted By: ribka Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/25/20
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
It's that time of year again,the boat is put away and it's time to gear up for archery season. Some changes from last season,lost one of the 3 properties I hunt,and Turk property has a housing development going in directly on the back property line which will cut out a huge chunk of deer habitat. Hoping they don't start site work till spring and I get one last season in before things change up.Of course it's the first year in many that I won't be chasing the Turk as he was killed last season. Cameras went out on one property last week and 2 more went in on the Turk property a couple days ago.
Things are what they are and I'll make the best of this season as I actively search for some new property and maybe a chuck of my own to buy.
Here are a few pictures I have got to this point

looking forward to it
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/27/20
Good new looks like I just locked up a lease on 67 acers in prime area today! I'll finalize tomorrow and have the owner sign a lease agreement !

Gonna take a bit to learn and fine tune the property but good thing is there are many stands already in place to get me started. I'll try and get a couple cameras up this week
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/28/20
Signed the lease today! Land owner took me into his home and showed me some of the deer he's killed on the property over the years

Hell, he's killed all the good ones....lol! You should do fine on that property. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/28/20
good deal i enjoy your thread DVDE
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/29/20
Looks great Dan....good luck!!
Posted By: bbassi Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/29/20
Dang Dan, Congrats. What makes the land owner give up hunting, or is he hunting with you?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/29/20
Originally Posted by bbassi
Dang Dan, Congrats. What makes the land owner give up hunting, or is he hunting with you?

He hunts the piece across the street behind his house and he is getting up there in years
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/30/20
Good to see this thread return. It's always interesting. Good luck this year.
Posted By: tzone Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 09/30/20
Any cameras on the new property yet?
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/01/20
Congrats on the new ground man! Now get busy hanging cams so we can see pics.
smile
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/01/20
I have 3 cameras but have not set them in yet also ordered 3 cellular cams today so I'll deploy some shortly
Posted By: rong Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/01/20
Best of luck to everyone this year.
Always enjoy this thread,I can't get out like I used to.(work)
Is the new lease in MC Dan?
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/02/20
Signed the lease today! Land owner took me into his home and showed me some of the deer he's killed on the property over the years

Did he take those kids in the pictures free-range of were they baited?
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Good luck and do your best to get some of your own. Best thing we ever did. Thanks again for taking us along for the ride.

I second that motion. Good hunting. Cheers NC
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/11/20
Still sitting on the side lines bidding my time before I start to hunt. Have things set up on new lease as well as hung a new stand on other property I hunt.Some pictures from near new stand I just hung and then some from new lease....oh I bought a new ATV for use on the new lease too
BTW these Reconyx cellular cameras are great!!!

Near new stand set up

Pictures from new lease

Polaris Sportsman 450 EPS
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/13/20
Man, that older buck is sure busted up early !

Thanks for taking us along, again.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/13/20

Originally Posted by NH K9

Did he take those kids in the pictures free-range of were they baited?

I would think free range as it’s illegal to bait (or even feed ) wild deer in New York.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/13/20
Can’t see the most recent pics for some reason. Have followed your threads in the past years

Good luck with the new place

Pretty sure deer eating bait are still free range unless they are inside a fence they can’t jump out of.

Not legal here in Tennessee either thank god, but if it’s legal and someone chooses to do it in their state I support that.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/14/20
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Can’t see the most recent pics for some reason. Have followed your threads in the past years

Good luck with the new place

Pretty sure deer eating bait are still free range unless they are inside a fence they can’t jump out of.

Not legal here in Tennessee either thank god, but if it’s legal and someone chooses to do it in their state I support that.
Not sure what you are talking about with the bait?
Another good buck showed himself on the new lease....still have not hunted but it's getting close to me starting

Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/14/20
Sorry

should have specified in that post. Some guys Above asked if those bucks the landowner had shot were free range or baited. I was laughing at the poor wording of a deer not being free range if baited.

Don’t want to hijack your thread

Today I can see the pics. Sounds like your season is stacking up to hopefully go welll!!
Free ranging baiting is not legal here in NY and not my style
Posted By: hookeye Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/14/20
Good luck w that big one.

Small buck and a couple slicks all we got on cam.

Kid has medical stuff tomorrow. Im gonna try to hunt Sat morn.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/14/20
I didn’t take it to be your style. I just find it odd that they asked if they were free range or baited. As in a baited deer was not free range. Must be a regional way of saying it I guess.
Posted By: rong Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/14/20
I think that was tongue+cheek about the pics on the piano.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/15/20
Just relooked and you may be correct sir.
Posted By: SKane Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/15/20
Looks like you've got a nice spot, Dan. And some potential candidates.

I look forward to the happs.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/16/20
I got out for my first sit yesterday afternoon as a cold front came through and temps dropped from low 70's to upper 50's in a couple hours. I hunted the new lease and saw nothing. I was climbing down to leave and just as I getting to bottom of the ladder climbing down my phone started vibrating...The camera straight across from me was sending pictures less than 100 yds away,this deer was walking right towards me!

Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/16/20
Oh dang. Talk about getting your blood pumping

Maybe he will be back just a little earlier
Posted By: hookeye Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/17/20
Saw a 120" this morning.
Good enough for me and my recurve.
Found 4 scrapes in the dry creekbed, he and a couple others popped out 80 yards down.
Moved a stand, get in early and hope to zip him tomorrow.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/17/20

Dan, what WiFi cam are you using?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Dan, what WiFi cam are you using?

Reconyx

https://vimeo.com/429650190
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/17/20
Hunted yesterday afternoon saw a doe and this morning nothing
this guy slipped through at 1:32 am last night. Things aren't hot and heavy yet so I'm gonna pull back a bit from that stand because I believe I will get an opportunity there if I don't screw up that set

Posted By: hookeye Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/18/20
Yup. Think you are right.
All the scrapes and rubs popping up now are the "signing phase" which can sucker a guy into thinking its pre rut.
Prerut starts around Oct 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5-PYCijNA

Conservative approach proly the winning strategy.
My area turned on yesterday, signing phase (been suckered before).
But Im gonna hunt anyway, as the spot Im gonna sit is a travel corridor and I saw the buck use it at 830 am.
Small parcel hunting, lots of other factors.

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/18/20
Good luck Dan, have a hell of a season.
Always some good pics in this thread.
Good luck !
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/21/20
Still a bit slow around here but afternoon before last I decided to hunt the other property (not new lease) What a great sit I saw 12 deer one small busted up buck and 11 doe
Same spot yesterday and it was a total bust saw zero.
did get to retrieve some camera cards though and the deer I've dubbed Jabbar is still there and he actually passed though the night before
Yesterday after getting skunked as soon as I walked in the house my camera from the lease started sending me pictures of a good buck near my creek stand
Best is yet to come!

Jabbar

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/21/20
The buck from lease property that showed up after I walked in the house yesterday

Posted By: Poconojack Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/21/20

Beautiful bucks.
Posted By: kendibs Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/21/20
Haven't even thought of getting out as of yet. Possibly this Sunday for my 1st sit as a cold front may get things moving.

-Ken
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/23/20
Hunted the lease this afternoon saw 4 doe and heard a buck grunting but he never materialized
Pull a camera card that shows a very nice buck Split and another buck was chasing a doe this am
Temps rise to 75 degrees tomorrow but then a cold front comes in for the weekend

Posted By: sqweeler Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/23/20
Couple of big boy's starting to show up in the yard.The monster's will be here in about a week.No chasing yet. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/23/20
Sqweeler can I come hunt off your back porch?! Lol
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/23/20
Decided to go out for a while this morning as I had a branch to trim from one of my stands. My cameras were going crazy last night Split showed up on 2 different cameras as well as doe and a couple small buck and the damn coyotes.
I didn't hunt the lease property I was after Jabbar and as I was looking at incoming pictures from the lease cameras I looked up and there he was coming.I grabbed my bow and as he it the trail that I have a clear shot at he turned and was walking right for me but quartered too far forward for a shot. He vered off into some thick stuff and then turned to come back out but didn't break cover. He was at 30 yds and then closer in the brush. I grunted and got his attention but he just turned and went away from me. After about 2 minutes of not seeing him he cut back out further away from me and went back ingto the pines where he had origally came from. The ticker was pumping fast and I really thought I was gonna close the deal on my top shooter! Hopfully I get another opportunity !

This is the buck Jabbar

Posted By: diamondjim Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/23/20
Sooooo close, yet sooooo far. You will get him.
I always look forward to this ; Good luck Dan; hope you find some "new" property and good luch searching for you own. Cheers NC
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/25/20
Wind direction dictated me not hunting Jabbar property yesterday hunted the lease no movement in am and saw 3 doe in afternoon sit
Between myself and my cousin we have 10 cellular cameras running and they have been dead.Only picture last night was of a coyote
Thing are gonna pop any day so I'll just tread lightly and monitor when to put the full court press on
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/26/20
Hunted lease yesterday rain in the morning and as I was getting out of vehicle one of my cell cams starts going off,its from the stand I was going to hunt.Buck beat me through past the stand. I waited a few minutes then headed to stand.Saw nothing on stand in morning, But things heated up late morning with bucks on their feel and moving. Saw a wide giant at the end of road driving home,he was all alone in the middle of a grass field eating without a care in the world. Went home dried off checked some camera cards and my cell cams started sending pictures of buck on the prowl, I grabbed a quick bowl of soup and headed back to lease.
I saw 2 buck during the afternoon sit,one a boderline shooter ,the other a smaller buck grunting as he came through the woods(I had no shots at either buck) my cousin hunted across the road and had a nice 120" 8 pt chasing doe and he grunted the buck right in but decided to pass on that buck
Things are starting to ramp up!

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/26/20
Cameras blowing up on my lease all morning all 4 going of I was at the Jabbar property and nothing moving there. I went there yesterday afternoon and had a change of mind and left to hunt the lease
This is what I found on the camera this morning...20 yd shot from my stand after seeing him on the big screen I probably would have gave him a pass

I'll be back out shortly for the afternoon on the lease!
Posted By: 44mc Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/26/20
DVD you know that you can not kill that buck . the show would be over for all of us that watches you every year. it will brake our hearts to end the show grin good luck
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/28/20
Sorry lacking on report I've been hitting it hard and mixing in work also.

Bucks are on the move and chasing doe already. 2 big shooters on the lease property chased a doe into the area I was hunting but I never saw them( a friend of my cousins was driving by and saw them cross from pines in on to my side at 9 am yesterday) Yesterday afternoon they were back on the other side of the road and both ran a doe past my cousin at 20 yds but 100mph .
As my story goes I hunted the lease in the am only to arrive at the jabbar property to find pictures of a good buck passing by at 10:30 am
I hunted a new stand I've never hunted in the afternoon and saw 6 doe and a spike as well as 2 deer chasing on neighboring property but too far to tell what it was. The 1st doe I saw was definatly being chased and she came flying up the hill towards me then stopped looked back and took off again towards cut beans.1/2 later 1 had 4 doe come flying out of the bean field at full speed heading towards me that cut of at 50 yds and headed into the thick brush going into pines was waiting for the buck to show but he never followed them in.
Gonna hit it hard again today the wind has been a major factor in preventing me to be hunting where I want and when
This is go time now what I look forward to all year long! I'm enjoying myseld and that's all that maters

Posted By: saddlering Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/29/20
Good luck Dan, I shot a nice doe yesterday evening, so have some meat. Now for a Buck.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/29/20
Stuff is going down here but I was in wrong place wrong time again
Ended up seeing 4 doe in morning (hunted till 11am) and no deer in my afternoon sit 2pm till dark
they were running all around near barn where I park and across street 5 bucks 3 being shooter...my cousin passed another nice 8 pt on that side of the road

Posted By: kendibs Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/29/20
Guess I was right to have waited for the front to move through my area.

Took a decent 8 onTuesday afternoon 10/27. One shot through the pump station.
Blood trail for 80' where I found him lying.

-Ken

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/29/20
I didn't hunt today I had to play catch up with some work...but my cousin did and scored this nice 8 pt I got pictures of last night!
Back at it tommorrow for me!

Posted By: kevinJ Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/30/20
Congrats to your cousin!!! Now dvd needs to get it done!!

Youth hunt for my boys Saturday then head to Ohio the 7th. So for now I’m living through you!!!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/30/20
Stay after em Dan, I'm not to mad at em this year, will hunt the leisurely pace this season.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/31/20
Another day of wrong place or right place wrong time....long day saw 1 small buck and 2 doe
Had shooters pass stands I wasn't sitting in

Posted By: hookeye Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/31/20
Nice pics.
Doubt anything that good where we hunt.
Move cam to scrape after this mornings sit.
Damp and 27 degrees. 3 hrs sleep.
Oh yeah.....its gonna be a rough one
Posted By: hookeye Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/31/20
Caseys sells food, and handwarmers.
Got some hashbrowns and a heatpack for keeping fingers supposedly toasty.

Didnt feel like a biscuits n gravy morning
Posted By: kendibs Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 10/31/20
Looks like my pictures were deleted. Try again.

-Ken

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/01/20
[Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com]

As is the theme this season hunted the wrong property it was going down late morning yesterday where I wasn’t
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/01/20
This was pretty cool picked up this buck coming from 120 yds away then past 2nd camera as I watched him and then he passed giving me a 15 yd shot
It’s sad to say this is the 1st buck I could have killed this season normally I’ve passed 20 shots on buck by this time[Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/02/20
Windy as heck yesterday afternoon and today like wizard of Oz wind
I saw a couple small buck and doe yesterday morning and a couple bodies in thick stuff I couldn't identify
I hunted till after 11 am and then decided to check on the old Turk property I've not checked camera cards since 10/21
I was plesantly suprised to see a good buck has shown up on 10/30 and 11/1 albeit at night so far
Wind looks like it will have me sidelined today and tommorow

Posted By: pete53 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/02/20
Great pictures ! thanks for posting them very much,Pete53
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/03/20
Buck showed up again on turk property and Jabbar has made an apparence tonight!

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/05/20
Sorry for the late posting but everything has been hectic with the hunting,work and election
Yesteray morning I has 2 small buck come right past me on the Jabbar property,there had been activty on my cell cameras all night and Jabbar was through the area. Things petered out fast as temperaters rose to 70 degrees yesterday.
The afternoon hunt had me scratching my head on where to hunt. I drove all the way to the Jabbar property and as I got there decided to leave and go to the old turk property.
I finally had the right wind to hunt the pine stand over looking the golden rod field with apple tree.
Bumped 2 doe coming into the property.checked camera cards on the way in and the big 8pt had come by apple tree cam at 3:30 am
I settled in with the 70 degree weather and bugs flying around my head.
I saw 1 doe in the distance and she worked her way away from me.

Then with about 1/2 hr of light still left I saw movment 140 yds away on the ridge across from me,it was a buck and he looked good with the breif glance I got of him as he slipped acrose the bank and out of sight.
Now what happened next is something I have never seen nor experience in all my years of hunting!
As he slips out of sight I grab my grunt call and give 3 loud deep grunts. Next thing I see is a flash of brown 142 yds away come barreling towards me,he turned and came running at full speed he went down into the gully and up over the crest on my side he runs over and straight at me he stops about 70 yards aeay dead i n front of me. He's looking and starts to walk right at me,
He stops again and he starts looking in to the hardwoods beyond me and to his right. I have had 2 squirrels chasing each other around all afternoon so I figured he hears them russeling in the leaves. He turns towards the hardwoods and strts to walk that way but on an angle stil in my direction. I hit the grunt again once he id in the woods and he stops and looks but move forward and the I see the doe that had gotten his attention away from me .
He runs at her and she eludes him and starts walking right towards me! great she is going to walk out right on the run past my tree I think!
Nope my bad luck kicks back in and the buck runs at her again and she bolts back in the opposite direction from my and he follows her away through the hardwoods towards the front of the property.

I sat for the rest of the hunt and saw 1 smal doe work her way to the apple tree. As it was almost time to climb dowm my alert goes of from one of my cell cameras. Stone fence camera it's jabbar going past my stand to the scrape it over looks. Can't say it was a bad call going where I did as I almost grunted in a shooter buck. I got a picture of hi going by my stand and camera on the front of the property.
I'll keep trying to it will be unseasonably warm( 60's to 70) degrees all the way till next Thursady.

Buck I grunted in(time is 1 hr off )

Jabbar paying a visit

Posted By: sqweeler Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/05/20
Long Island,N.Y. score 198 [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/06/20
Coyote christened my BIL's new camera. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL... he’s making a statement.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/06/20
OK back to real stuff (sqweeler start your own thread)

Morning yesterday was slow a small spike and doe 1st 1/2 hour after light
Afternoon was much better saw 3 buck 2 of which were shooters. One on neighboring property in a green field he started heading in my direction but never materialized. 2nd was a long beamed 8 pt and he came out of the thick bruch right in front of my stand and crossed at 35 yds but I had no shot, I grunted and he continued over the stone fence and then walked the hill paralel with me with his nose to the ground I hit the grunt again but it didn't even phase him. Two totally different reactions to grunt the past 2 days on came in like a freight train and the other never acknowledged it
I didn't get any good pictures through the night and very little movement at all.
I hunt the 1st hour or two this morning then last couple this afternoon
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/08/20
Friday was crazy on the old Turk property saw 10 buck 2 shooters one of which I rattled in but no shots on either shooter I passed on a wide 7 pt .
Saturday morning it came to a halt with only one small doe sighted
The afternoon hunt was back to Jabbar propeerty saw a spike and passed on an smaller 8 pt

7pt I passed Friday afternoon

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/09/20
Yesterday saw a bunch of lonely fawns in the moring
Afternoon hunt I had an encouter with a slob on the Jabbar property. I saw him through some thick stuff and when he lifted his head my heart skipped a beat. He was 80 yds away and starting to walk away from me.I hit the grunt tube and he halted and turned and started up the hill towards me. He looked like he would come over the stone fence behind me but then turned and started walking right back towards me. He was 40 yds away now and looked like he was going to come right over on the run next to my stand. But my luck kicked in again and he decided to stop and the turn back down the hill.
I've never seen this buck nor have any pictures of him. He has a crab claw at the end of his right beam.
After that I saw a doe and non shooter 8pt he was stuck to her like glue.He started to mount her but she olnly allowed that for a second or two and moved him off.

One of theses days I'm gonna catch a good break I hope anyways
Posted By: bbassi Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/09/20
Keep on them Dan. It was very quiet here this weekend, but my bud on the next block south was covered up with rutting bucks. Just goes to show you if there's a hot doe around, all the bucks will be close by.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/09/20
More action this morning buck grunting in thick stuff never got a look at his head an 8pt and spike many doe and fawns. Back at it this afternoon
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/10/20
Only God nkows why I didn't hunt the property and same stand from yesterday morning...I ended up on the lease and saw zero
mean while there was a parade of buck by my stand....

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/11/20
action has slowed saw a couple doe and fawns and the same 8pt in the am and afternoon
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/11/20
My good luck again stand I sat yesterday afternoon
Had some work related things to take care of this morning so wasn’t in the stand[Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com][Linked Image from lakeontariounited.com]

Posted By: sqweeler Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/11/20
Lot of little 2yr old's.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/12/20
Originally Posted by sqweeler
Lot of little 2yr old's.

Go away
Yesterday afternoon saw huge shooter running doe on the neighboring property he will go over 150" Have no pictures of him and who knows if he just wandered in with the rut
My “good luck” still holding true big shooter 40 yds coming my way and then turned back as 2 doe came behind him
What’s a guy gotta do?
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/12/20
Lay off the raw garlic. smile
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
You need to smell and sound like a doe!
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Posted By: saddlering Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Had one of the best afternoons bow hunting, I saw 16 deer ,7 of them bucks! But the biggest was only a basket racked 6pt., Ruts just starting here as none of the does I saw were in heat as the bucks were hoping. My 74 year old best friend killed a real nice 8 pt. Still using a compound bow. It ran towards his pole barn, he got his tractor out and gutted it rolled it into the bucket and had him on the pole by the time I got in. Rifle starts here on Sunday, I'll be hunting at his place. Happy Hunting
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Final got it done this morning.
I initially hunted the Jabbar property that I've been hunting the past week. 3 cameras were dead there last night except a picture of the same 8pt I'd been passing on and seeing daily.I saw a doe and button buck and then the same 8pt I'd passed and had pictures of came through and I passed on him again.
All the while since 5:30 am my cameras were going off like crazy at the lease property especially the cell tower stand! Does running and being pushed and small buck all moring coming right in front of the stand.
I decied to get down at 8:15 am and drive the 10 minutes to the lease. As I'm approching the owners home I see a big 8pt behind his house at the apple tree(I can't hunt that side of the road my lease is on the other side)I pull up to the barn to park and have 3 doe standing behind the barn. My phone rings and it's the owner and I say you see the big 8 pt in your yard and he says thats not the big one there was a bigger one that just left and headed into the thick stuff.
He tells me there was 4 doe and a buck on my side headed in but the opposite way of the cell tower stand, I decide to stick with the plan and bee line to the stand as I know some hot doe have been through there.
I was in the stand for 10 minutes and my RR track camera goes off and its an 8pt and he's heading my direction. I normally get a picture at that camera and 5 minutes later they end up in front of the cell tower camera or vice versa. I send my cousin the picture and say heading my way. I picked up my bow and got ready. It wasn't even 1 minute from when I text him that I see the buck come up over the rail road bed and start heading down the bank on my side. He came through some sapplings and hit an opening and I thought he was going to come right past my stand but he started vering away. I was already on him and took a quartering away shot at 35 yds. Hit was perfect through top of heart and out the bottom of heart.He's not as big as some of the buck I've been having close calls with but I'm more than pleased with him after hunting hard for 27 days

Posted By: diamondjim Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Way to go!!! Always enjoy following your exploits. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20

Well done!
Dan---That's a nice buck, now go get a trophy DINK !! smile
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Well done Dan !!!

Thanks for taking us along again.
Posted By: kendibs Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
Congrats on that 8.

-Ken
Posted By: 44mc Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/13/20
now what are we going to do? you are not suppose to kill any thing wile you are keeping us entertained nice buck congrats you put the time in
Posted By: GregW Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/14/20
Great job Dan. Way to stick with it.....
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/14/20
Nobody can say you don't put the hours in on stand. Congrats, nice buck.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/14/20
Nice deer, congratulations.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/14/20
Congrads Dan, nice buck!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/14/20
Guy I had close 2 times but no shot showed up where I was intially sitting yesterday morning before I switched properties
Day late
Next saturady I'll have another buck tag for gun season

Omg I got him on camera just now this is the one I had coming to my grunt at stone fence stand the fork on the right main beam was etched in my mind!

Good job, congrats. I think it's interesting that you're able to use the cameras to give you a heads up as to what's going down before they get there.
Pretty crazy looking rack on that guy.
My cousins property I killed muzzelloader buck last year

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 11/15/20
Congrats !!
Congratulations Dan you worked for it. Thanks for letting us tag along! Get the big one with the rifle.Cheers NC
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/01/20
Punched my 2nd and last buck tag this morning
Still hunting caught this guy following 3 doe

Posted By: roundoak Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/01/20
Been a good season, congrats.
Posted By: Whitebird Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/01/20

Very nice... congratulations.
Posted By: skeen Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/02/20

Good buck, man!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/02/20
Congrads, on a great Buck! What did you shoot him with?
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/02/20
Great looking buck. Thanks again for taking us along on your hunts.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by saddlering

Browning Abolt 12 ga slug gun
I look forward to this thread every year. A couple of nice bucks. Bob
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/02/20
Nice buck, Dan. Congrats.
Posted By: Region6 Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/03/20
Congratulations, great thread, thanks for sharing.
Congrats on your deer 👍
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/16/20

Sounds interesting. Long ago I've heard about a law that in some parts of the US using a rifle on deer is unlawful. Do you have some more informations? Thank you.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Live From My Stand 2020 - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

Sounds interesting. Long ago I've heard about a law that in some parts of the US using a rifle on deer is unlawful. Do you have some more informations? Thank you.

Some of the areas I hunt are shotgun only areas most of the state has been opened to rifle but Monroe county is not and where I hunt mostly
© 24hourcampfire