Home
Posted By: Dinny Broadhead Imperfection - 10/07/20
Should I be concerned about this brand new Muzzy One?

Thanks, Dinny

Attached picture IMG_20201007_32169.jpg
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/08/20
The nick in the blade? You’d need to shoot it if you can’t exchange it.

But - IMHO - yes, if you are shooting that out of a crossbow - I’d be very surprised if that bolt will group with the rest of your bolts.

It’s on the edge of blade, so maybe not as bad, but I’ve seen the tiniest bit of tip deflection throw a bolt 2-4 inches out of the group.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/08/20
If it flies good it still might get in your head lol.
Put it on a yote or chuck arrow.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/08/20
I'll shoot it and see how it flies. I bought them so I could sharpen them. After more than an hour sharpening that one I have found the manufacturer's cut to be less than precise. There are low spots on all three sides and it took quite a bit of honing to get down to having everything flat.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: MK257 Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/10/20
That’s a hard spot in the steel that fractured during the grinding/sharpening process. The amount of glue on your fletchings differ more then weight loss from that chip...kill away my friend.

That said, muzzy would probably send you a new head(or 3) if you sent a CS email to them.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/10/20
Make it a practice head.
Send it back! That is not a chip. That is a clean half of hole. That should not have made it through their QC.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/12/20
I emailed Feradyne yesterday. Awaiting their reply.

It appears the Muzzy One and Montec G5 are very similar, except the Montecs look sharp. The Muzzy Ones are anything except sharp.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: dale06 Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 10/12/20
I wouldn’t be concerned about the Muzzy 1. I’m sure it’s a solid head, getting it as sharp as I like my BH ain’t gonna happen, so I’m passing on it and other three blade fixed.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Broadhead Imperfection - 11/07/20
I’d return it, but I doubt it would matter. Still smoother than a stinger buzz cut and I should those sometimes
© 24hourcampfire