Home
Posted By: tndrbstr Excalibur newest x-bow - 01/06/21
It seems to be a stacked double shooter. Two independent limbs and strings with two rails, one stacked on top of the other.
Rated at 360 FPS. Select trigger to switch from one bolt to the other. WTF
Posted By: Timbo Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 01/19/21
I'm a fan of Excalibur, but that just doesn't appeal to me.
What's the application? I've only killed deer with recurves. Those are pretty quiet. Never had a second shot on anything. I thought crossbows are loud?
Posted By: noKnees Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 01/22/21
Its an interesting concept, I don't really see it as super useful as it looks some what heavy and my Excaliber is heavy enough as single shot. Over the years I have shot doubles with bow on two occasions and I guess the second shot in the crossbow would make that a possibility. Of course I mostly hunt in NYS and I am sure the DEC will make it illegal as soon as they know its possible.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 01/23/21
I expect some states will rule these out, once they find out about them. One look at the bare weight was enough for me. If I ever buy another, it’s gonna be a featherweight. Since I hunt with scoped centerfire rifles, I’m not going to fuss over whether it’s “fair” or not. I’m in the woods to kill deer, and the challenge is getting close enough for a good shot. After that, what they get shot with is irrelevant.
Posted By: whaaap Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 02/08/21
If hunting out of a box blind I can see the benefit of not having to reload the bow, for a follow up shot or sitting quietly to finish your hunt in hopes of more game coming through...the rut can be crazy
I have reloaded and gotten another shot several times with a crossbow. Do it fast after the shot, as deer are still confused at that point. Takes longer than a regular bow but you should be able to do it in less than a minute.
Posted By: woolly Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 02/17/21
I have definitely had the opportunity for a follow up shot on a second deer, as the other deer in the herd don't always react right away.
That being said, I'm not a big fan of "double headers" with deer. I wouldn't carry all that extra weight bulk just for the shot at one.
Posted By: pyscodog Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 03/01/21
The $2222 MSRP killed it for me. I shoot a Grizzly and love it but its all the X-bow I need.
Posted By: New_Flint Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 03/02/21
I can see how a quick follow up shot would be useful on a spine shot deer or if you miss. I have done both. The cost and the weight negate the benefit for me. I do like my Micro 360.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Excalibur newest x-bow - 03/27/21
Stupid, but I’m also of the opinion that crossbow hunting isn’t bow hunting....
© 24hourcampfire