Home
Posted By: hunter4623 First deer with a longbow - 01/09/21
Shot my first deer with a longbow tonight. Pretty awesome feeling. Took the dog in for her first blood track on deer. She’s done a few on bears already. She didn’t miss a beat. 110 yards or so total distance. Went thru a bunch of standing water for the first 50 yards. Deer heart and red wine for dinner and some home made lemoncello to celebrate.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]biracial baby names
Congratulations!! There's nothing and I mean NOTHING that compares with taking an animal with traditional archery.
Super excited. It definitely brings an added level of excitement to archery. I can’t wait to do it again
Posted By: 44mc Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/11/21
nice . you dont have to have the new stuff to have fun . congrats
Posted By: domit Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/11/21
you did good as well as your pup. sweet remberances of my first one as well. mule deer , 15 yards out and 10 down in gully. fun starts there.
Congrats. That is pretty awesome.
Congrats on your success!
Posted By: battue Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/12/21
Few go there today....well done...
Trad archery is a great club. Took my first two trad kills this month. It's quite a kick!
Congrats on your success.

Would you please share details of your equipment? Bow make, length, draw weight? Reflex/deflex, straight D- shape, hybrid, ASL? String material? Arrow make, spine, broad head make /weight? Tab or glove? Split or three under? I just like details.

Picture of your bow?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: cecilb Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/17/21
good for you.
Posted By: Koon Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/17/21
Congrats! That's an accomplishment right there!
Posted By: WL205 Re: First deer with a longbow - 01/28/21
Congratulations. I want the details and recipe for the celebration meal. Looks amazing.
© 24hourcampfire