Home
Welcome back folks. I will again impart a little wisdom as part of my educational series on broadhead edges. This time, single bevels and edge integrity/strength. Ive long been a fan of the single bevels and have taken many animals with homemade single bevel heads and commercially made single bevels. Ive been working with single bevel heads since 2007 and have learned a lot. Back in 2008 Dr. Ashby and I wrote about this in TBM.

In this video, I explain what you will want to know about single bevel edges. This might inspire some to take up bowhunting. In a few days I hope in the new truck to go after Hogs and Catalina rams to further test some bowhunting gear. This time, the owner of one of the bowhunting companies that hired me to bring their ideas to life will tag along to run arrows through critters so as to field test their product.

I'll share that with you as time allows. Im guessing most hear are happy to wait months and months for a season to open in their state. Dont spend your life waiting. Get out and bowhunt today.

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter
(the broadhead professor)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is the head that was sent to me to be evaluated and prompted my video..

Any wisdom you have is less than a little. Convicted poacher and certified idiot. My best friend is a bowhunter and he doesn't understand anything you do. He told me 90% of bowhunters are humble and you are in the other 10% that are absolute arrogant [bleep]. Gives all the rest a bad name. I'd rather try and represent the other 90% if it was me. All this "product research" is a joke at best.
I do not like the 60 degree angle on Montecs and similar.
Think they chop.more than slice.

Do not know whay blade angle is optimal.for cut and durability.

Have not zapped anything w my Cutthroats yet.
Factory blade angle looked usable to me.

Did change angle on nonsingle bevel heads way back over 20 yrs ago ). Actually made them a bit shallower.

No problems, good BT and blew on through.
55 and 57 lb recurves.
Sheesh.

Single bevel....a solution looking for a problem where there is none.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Iron Will end of story! If you think single bevel matters they have that option.
Buddy has shot critters w single bevel.
Says they work as advertized.

Reportedly w the Ashby stuff, heavy arrows and single bevel can improve penetration when things dont go as well as planned.
Do you know the ferule diameter on the evolution broadhead. I switched to a wider arrow and the arrow diameter is wider than the ferrule on the broadhead.
Single bevels are one of the few designs I can sharpen easily! Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by B_Lance
Sheesh.

Single bevel....a solution looking for a problem where there is none.

I agree. I can not understand the logic in the single bevel broadhead..
Originally Posted by Region6

Iron Will end of story! If you think single bevel matters they have that option.

My friend has shot many trophies with this Broadhead!!!
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Originally Posted by Region6

My friend has shot many trophies with this Broadhead!!!

Looks like an Iron Will. I’ve used the double bevel BH for three years. It’s performed very well.
© 24hourcampfire