Home
Its been a while. Im back home again and planing a few events that I will sponsor for the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association and Pope and Young. Corporate sponsorships are a good way (per my accountant) to spend to keep the money from the tax man and it helps the bowhunting community so Im all for it. If you are heading to Reno next month for the Pope and Young convention, look me up.

On the heels of my recent broadhead vent noise video, fans/followers/viewers/subscribers, etc, asked that I compare the noise levels of various fletching types since the vent video proved that its the fletching that makes up the bulk of the arrows noise en route to the animal and since an Archery Axis hunt fell through and since Im build more death sticks for my African bowhunt in August, I thought I would answer the viewers question by doing this video and help myself in the process as I ponder the next fletching lucky enough to travel on my arrows..

This is a very short and heavily edited version of the original video I posted for followers. I scrubbed it off all the things that trigger and upset the tender hearts here that would trip over themselves to report the post for having suffered the injury of seeing product placement, vendor names and any sort of advertising. Since I worry about your mental health, I removed all that would trigger you and send you off the deep end. You are welcome. (but I will predict that turdbuster will be the first to pout. (Iv had him patterned for a long time) Pole smoker will then piss and moan as well.

Since Im an old hunter that is hearing impaired, I leave it up to you the determine for yourself which fletching is the quietest. You were gifted 2 sound gathering devices on your first birthday. Use them to make up your mind.

And lastly. Refrain from any beard envy. wink

Your pal
The Adventure Bowhunter
You’re a dick head...
Interesting.
I’m also wearing appliances in/behind my ears. Agree there was not a lot of difference in sound level. I expected more variation.
In my four plus decades of bowhunting experience, I don’t think that arrow noise is a big factor in reducing our effectiveness. I think bow noise is a bigger factor but today’s bows sure are quieter than those just a few years ago.
I’m sticking with my 4” parabolic feathers, three per arrow.
interesting again , thanks for posting , Pete53
I trim my fletching down to 10mm. It doesn't seem to effect accuracy and cuts down on the fletches being damaged or torn off in the arrow rest.
Jesus christ. The fact that this idiot has fanboys is killing my faith in humanity
© 24hourcampfire