Home
I've always been curious about the Black Widow recurves. The trad sites all have the fanatics for and against them. Wondered if any of you all were using them. It was a guy shooting a Black Widow at the local bow range about 20 years ago that planted the seed of traditional in my tiny brain. Been shooting for about two years now and have tried a lot of the big name bows, but I've never got around to trying a Widow. Are they worth the price or is it all hype?
I would like to shoot one also, but at close to $1000, thats pretty steep just to try one out. They do have a 'Try before you buy program' that is pretty neat, but at this point in my Traditional carrier I'm not sure I would be able to tell good from great.....For now the Hoyt Dorado is working very nicely.
Widows recurves are good bows, but there are a lot of other good bows for a LOT less money. Guys should pay more attention to practicing and honing their archery skills rather than one-upsmanship and the cost of their bows. Buy a good $200-$300 bow and spend some of the money you save on a good-sized lot of precisely matches arrows.
+1...especially on the arrows.

Did back when they were just under 500 bucks. Maybe they are twice as good now.

I think different guys shoot different bows well for whatever reason. After a guy forks over a bunch of bucks for something, he wants to perform as advertised...money spent may make a believer out of you.

The mass is kinda nice for stability maybe, I just never cared for all that wood out front.

They are beauties.
© 24hourcampfire