Home
Posted By: AndyG Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/09/10
I currently shoot ACC arrows. I'm building a new bow set up as I shoot the same bow since 1991. I've been hearing alot of good things about Gold Tip arrows. Can anyone confirm this? Right now I think Acc's are hot tits personally. straightness of .002 and a half grain by weight per dozen. I often wonder why people shoot the Easton FMJ's when they could get a MUCH better arrow for $20-30 more. Anyway, if I could get some input on Gold Tips that would be cool. Thanks guys.
Posted By: c5mrr270 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/09/10
The a/c/c's will be a more consistent arrow than the gold tips but the gold tips will be more durable cuz they won't bend like the a/c/c's.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/10/10
I have used the ACC 3-60/340 for 10 years and have no complaints. Every other year I grab 1/2 dozen shafts, add inserts & nock's, fletch and rock on.

Why bother switching from a proven winner?
AndyG the FMJ's will give you better penatration that is why a lot of people shoot them. If you want speed then the A/C/C is the arrow for you. Edited to add the FMJ's are a little heavier and a little thinner then the A/C/C's hence the better penatration.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/10/10
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I have used the ACC 3-60/340 for 10 years and have no complaints. Every other year I grab 1/2 dozen shafts, add inserts & nock's, fletch and rock on.

Why bother switching from a proven winner?
+1
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/15/10
What's the difference between the ACC and FMJ?
Posted By: Clay_Boone Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/15/10
FMJ's are heavier, penetrate like their namesake, and are aluminum outside of carbon core. ACC's are lighter and carbon wrapped on outside of aluminum.
A/C/C's are aluminum inside wrapped with carbon. A/C/C's have a larger diameter. A/C/C's are lighter.

FMJ's are carbon inside Aluminum outside. FMJ's have a smaller diameter.FMJ's are heavier.

Basically the same thing Clay Boone said but he left out the shaft diameter difference.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/17/10
And for the case of the A/C/C's I get blowthroughs all the time.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/17/10
I run the Gold Tip Pro Hunters(All Pro Hunter shafts are guaranteed to +/- .001 straightness tolerance, and +/- .5 grains per dozen bundle.) and love them been using them for years and see no reason to change durable and consistent...

Posted By: centershot Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/17/10
Both are nice, top of the line shafts.....Overkill for most as Beman ICS Hunters, etc. Work just as well and cost 1/2 as much.
Posted By: Popapi Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/18/10
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I run the Gold Tip Pro Hunters(All Pro Hunter shafts are guaranteed to +/- .001 straightness tolerance, and +/- .5 grains per dozen bundle.) and love them been using them for years and see no reason to change durable and consistent...

That's right! I run the UltraLite Pro's and feel tha same as per durablity and consistancy.
Posted By: archer Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/21/10
Haven't shot anything but woods and Gold Tips and have really liked how consistent the Gold Tip 5575's fly out of a longbow.
Posted By: HardCoreHunter Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/25/10
I am an A/C/C fan. Great arrows.
Posted By: HardCoreHunter Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 05/25/10
Originally Posted by centershot
Both are nice, top of the line shafts.....Overkill for most as Beman ICS Hunters, etc. Work just as well and cost 1/2 as much.
Speaking of Beman ICS Hunters..this is why I switched to A/C/C's 4 years ago. Exploded upon release. I believe the arrow just gave out and was not damaged before it was shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ruined my sight too

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: ltppowell Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/02/10
Arrows with aluminum bend, and stay bent.
Posted By: rob p Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/04/10
I shot ACC 360's for many years and have shot Gold Tip pro hunters in 7595 for the last 6 or 7. I like Gold Tips. ACC's were great but they do bend. Carbon's are either perfect or broken. They will be half the price and you don't have to deal with nock bushings. Gold Tip Pro Hunters have the same straightness tolerance and are more likely to stay that way.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/04/10
I have been shooting 3-49 ACC'S for yrs.
Posted By: 300MAG Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/04/10
Shoot the ACC's - best hunting arrow out there in my opinion!!
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/04/10
ACC's all the way.
Posted By: HardCoreHunter Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/06/10
I have never bent an A/C/C. I have only broken a couple, and that is from animals stepping on them after a shot. They have always just snapped cleanly in two. If you want regular nocks and an A/C/C arrow, just get the pro hunters.
Posted By: Bow92 Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/14/10
I have shot both and love them both the are all very consistent in the weight and I now just shoot the Gold Tips because they are less expensive
Posted By: hillbill Re: Gold Tip or ACC's - 06/20/10
accs are great shooters but were designed as a target arrow. I used them for two years and got tired of bending and or breaking them on deer, not just one or two but several.
as for gold tips, the older models were prone to split in front of the nock or behind the insert. I switched to carbon express many years ago and have never looked back. the originals were called game trackers and I have a couple that I have taken over a dozen deer each and they are still going strong....one tough arrow and they shoot as well as anything I have shot. I shoot the maxima hunter now and seldom ever ruin an arrow.
© 24hourcampfire