Home
Posted By: cutNshoot cross bow for home defense? - 08/06/11
Would this be better than the ball bat?
WHY?
That is my 2 choices. Ball bat,150 pound crossbow.
Then bat it would be.
No mad Max in action?
Sure give it a try and let us know how it worksout for you.
Originally Posted by cutNshoot

I would go with nun chucks and throwing stars
Have you ever actually used a cross bow? They are awkward and slow to reload. Not something you want in a defensive mode. Might be of limited use on offense. miles
a bag of rocks would be a better choice.

my home defense
ar15
12g
glock 23

Then move.
I would hate to be looking down the end of a broad head, seems like a intimidating weapon.
Since you'll be using it as a club after you miss your first and only shot, you might as well cut to the chase and use a ball bat from the get go.

Or be smart and move.
I would hate to be looking down the end of a broad head, seems like a intimidating weapon.

take it youve never actually been in a fight......give me the bat.....
Originally Posted by rattler

take it youve never actually been in a fight......give me the bat.....

Make mine a machete...The Roman Short Sword, properly applied, was the greatest close-combat weapon devised until the invention of the firearm and the machete is the closest thing to a Roman Short Sword available to me.

Ed
Most of the fights end with 1 punch.
If the fights end with your one punch, then I think you already have your weapon.

Personally I wouldnt' even consider the crossbow.
12 guage pump or semi auto, end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have known a few one punch wonders, none of them have ever mentioned their abilities.

12ga, 16ga, 20ga, 28ga, hell even a .410 I don't want to be hit by at that close a range. Home defense I would say the shotgun is King.
You might consider all your options:

Why a bat or crossbow, not a gun;
a. Laws, where you live limit choices
b. people you live with limit choices

Solutions for the above reasons are to leave the area or people.

If those solutions won't work, you had better get used to being mugged or beat up, because it sounds like you already are, you just don't show any bruising...

Ok.. Here's a scenario. Grab a pistol of your choice, and load just one cartridge. Now carry it for self defense.

You'd feel pretty stupid, right?

Be smart, and get a dog with a bad temper, and a loud mouth.

bullchit, toughest fighters i know cant end a fight in one punch without a chit load of luck...one of them is twice my age and ive got no interest going toe to toe with him...hell they dont wait to see what the first did before throwing the second.....
Why would anyone even try to answer this question??? Only a 12 year old would ask this......
I have seen many guys put to sleep with 1 good shot on the tip of the chin.
seen what happens when it don't?
Sure have and it gets ugly real fast.
I have seen many guys put to sleep with 1 good shot on the tip of the chin.

and if yah go toe to toe with a good fighter #1 they know how to protect themselves and #2 an experienced fighter knows not everyone has a glass jaw.....
Posted By: bea175 Re: cross bow for home defense? - 08/07/11
Would this be better than the ball bat?

no, if you just have to use a bow then get a recurve or do like Bin Laden throw a woman in front of you.
One well placed tip of chin shot will do it glass jaw or iron chin.
You are a very self unaware individual.. Either you're 12 years old, or very stupid.

Either way, I'm out..
Good Deal!!
Posted By: Dess Re: cross bow for home defense? - 08/07/11
Originally Posted by aablades
12 guage pump or semi auto, end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO nothing sounds more intimidating than the sound of a 12ga getting chambered.

For home defense, there are lots of choices and even more opinions. I can't say I've ever heard of using a crossbow.

A machete might be an option not mentioned.
What about magic fairy dust? I think that magic fairy dust would be just as effective as a crossbow
I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier but what about blow darts?!?
You guys took my post seriously?

I guess sarcasm is difficult to pick up if your reading it
Sarcasm was not started by myself,the 12 yr old comments helped bring it on plus a few other sarcastic remarks.
One well placed tip of chin shot will do it glass jaw or iron chin.

you assume well placed is possible in every fight....know of atleast 4 individuals you would be hard pressed to make the lights go out with a hit to the chin...couple of them aint even real fighters....contrary to what you think, not everyones wiring is exactly the same....
It must be hell to be a convicted felon...

I saw no smiley face in your post. miles
Originally Posted by UPhiker
It must be hell to be a convicted felon...

I was thinking the very thing, but didn't want to bring it up.
like many members here?
I couldn't answer that question as I only "know" one member here and have met one other. Both the guys I met are good guys.
like many members here?

No, just like the dumbass that wants a crossbow for home protection grin
CutnShoot- think cutnshoot (a can of Yard Guard fogger is good)
If this is not a joke, then no, a bat would be much better, if your a convicted felon and cant own a firearm, then a Ruger Old Army 45 BP revolver would be your next best bet.

For me its,

Ar-10T w/ a 75 round drum
12 pump shotgun, 00 copper plated buck
450 Bushmaster carbine
45 ACP
9mm and 357 Mag.

Good luck w/ your issues,
Gunner
Nothing like a double barrel shotgun to get a bad guy's attention. There's just something about staring down those 2 big black holes...
[Linked Image]

Folks forget that repeating firearms have a history of LESS than 160 years. The centuries before this focused upon single shot weapons.

A single shot crossbow is better than a bowie knife or club!!

How do you like my "camo" shirt?

Sherwood
I hate when deer break into the house!
Posted By: PAMac Re: cross bow for home defense? - 08/23/11
Shoot the bat out of the crossbow, there no more decisions.....
Dog and a bat
samurai sword and taser?! Frozen pain balls from juiced up to 400 fps paint ball gun!
give me $300, my tools and a ride to home depot and I can fix it so it takes him longer to break in than it does for the police to show up.
You got to be kidding me
© 24hourcampfire