Home
Posted By: JJHACK What animal is your passion? - 11/04/11
For many it seems the Whitetail deer is the most common and hardest hunted species in America.

I've taken my share of deer, but they never really tripped my trigger. I am however passionate about pigs and bears. There is nothing I would rather hunt then Wild Swine and any species of Bears.

My buddy can take or leave deer, but he is a Turkey fanatic. Yet another guy I work with is a bow hunter but only hunts for elk.
Whitetailed deer....conveniently its what I hunt mostly.

Followed by Elk and Mule Deer.
Turkey

Or rabbit.

I have never hunted whitetails but I am sure once I do that would become my bowhunting passion.
Turkey and deer....elk would be right there too but can't hunt them regularly
Big whitetail bucks are my passion but I think Spring gobblers are the most fun to hunt..............Hb
Posted By: ingwe Re: What animal is your passion? - 11/04/11
JJ...you already know the answer to this I'll bet..but its Mule deer and Gemsbok...
Nothing better than bugling bulls in September. Live for it.
Moose and bears.
This !!....

[Linked Image]

...and more of this ! grin

[Linked Image]
Sitka's during the rut. Having those things come crashing through the brush to the sounds of a call is what get's me pumped.
Posted By: krp Re: What animal is your passion? - 11/04/11
Elk, then Coues. hunted a few...

Kent
Mule deer. smile

Decades after I saw my first buck in the wild, they still give me the fever.
Mulies for me too. Elk are up there but big mulies give me wood.
Mule Deer with rifle, bow, muzzleloader or whatever else I can get my hands on followed by quail.
Blacktail Deer. I love hunting elk too, but i have yet to kill one. im thinking this is more to do with my spot, and limited amounts of elk running that area, but hey, my time will come.
Originally Posted by ingwe
JJ...you already know the answer to this I'll bet..but its Mule deer and Gemsbok...

Mule deer for me, as well. But haven't shot a gemsbok. Is this close enough? wink

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ingwe Re: What animal is your passion? - 11/06/11
Close...but no cigar....

( except the one you will smoke in hell.......)

grin
Bruins, coues and yotes for me

Dober
Keep that up and I'll go shoot a gemsbok just so I have a matching set. wink
Woulda never guessed Bruins..... wink
Gemsbok on their native soil are skookum...
Gemsbok on their native soil are skookum...

But they've banned guys in leopard skin thongs from hunting them. Guess you're out of luck.
No worries...got my share! grin
No worries...got my share! grin

In that case, you'll be smoking the BIGGEST turd in hell. wink
Heres a teaser for you....

[Linked Image]

grin
Bastid...

Didn't they have color film way back then? wink
Nope...color film came in about when my hair went out.... frown
OK, that one actually did make me laugh out loud. smile

That's a good note to check out on this evening. Gonna go count gemsbok...
Whitetail. It is all I have to hunt realistically. I would love to get out west and hunt Mule deer some day and probably will in a couple years when I get the points. We do have elk and moose (just recently) to hunt here but whitetail is the only over the counter big game. I just can't get into turkey as they are so plentiful and seem so easy to get. I usually fill my tag in archery deer season on them as they seem to be a pest while hunting deer more than anything.

If I were to be honest I would say my passion is just getting out and hunting in general. Especially in the fall when you get a good frost and the leaves turn and fall. Nothing better than being out on a cool fall day sneaking around the woods creeping up on game.
Elk hands down for me.
Coyotes
Don't have a passion and don't want one at all. I'd feel short changed to get hung up on one animal.
Just different strokes for different folks. I love learning about new animals all the time.

One thing, other than a Kudu and Cape both with bow, that I have absolutely no desire for is Africa. Before I'd do that I'd have to take everything we have to offer here in the good ol USA before I'd even think about spending time and money in another country hunting. Dunno why. Wouldn't mind visiting though. But not enough spare time for that.
Love all hunting...

Can't get enough of the views from the high places chasing sheep and goats...
Or the thrill when you see a big buck, whether it's a whitetail or a mulie...
The beauty of an old white-maned bull caribou against the fall tundra, or haunting harmony of the wolf pack under the northern lights...
And a grizzly bear will always get the ol' ticker going...
But for me, nothing beats the sights, sounds and smells of bugling bulls in the aspens on a brisk fall morning!
Big mature Whitetail bucks by far.................Hb
I would rather chase elk, than anything else....for all the reasons Blkram said.

I just have more opportunities to hunt WT's now.
Any big game critter out West, preferablly a DIY in wide open spaces.

ELK in the September rut is first on that list!

I have yet to chase Red Stag, but that is definelty high on the list. A quality bowhunt in the roar would be my cup of tea.

Kudu are about the only African animal that do much for me, maybe would throw a Nyala in there.

And then whatever my 9 yo daughter wants to chase around. Whitetails, swine get the most harrasment here.

Quail. Nothing like a covey rise on a frosty morning.

Next would be crows. Would rather bust them than 'yotes or ground hogs. Something about making them go 'poof' satisfies.

Deer would be a distant third place.
Cape Buffalo, some day soon we will meet cool

Gunner
Of anything I have hunted and shot it would for sure be elk in September. If I ever win the lottery I would love to hunt big Yukon moose, something in Mongolia, and an elephant.
Posted By: laker Re: What animal is your passion? - 12/08/11
Its a toss up between coyotes and elk. Nothing like a screamin bull coming into your cow calls or a coyote goin 100 mph at you thinkin your a dieing rabbit.
Blacktail deer for me they get me going more than anything else for some reason
What animal is my passion? Live ones. I dream of hunting every big game animal on the planet. Some I won't accomplish, but dream big if you're dreamin'.
Mule deer and Dall sheep however I have started to get the itch to try going after a bruin!
elk, with a longbow.
Turkey, deer, squirels, rabbits pretty much anything for me it gets me out of the house. I like to hunt and fish so it kinda nice my husband and I can do that kind of thing. smile
© 24hourcampfire