Home
Posted By: Reloader7RM Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
I have been getting pics of 2 8pts and a 10pt along a couple of good rub lines in the brush above a hardwood ridge. Sunday eve the weather forecast called for a 4mph NE wind, just what I needed. After getting settled in, I checked the wind and it was slightly West, terrible for my stand. I waited a few minutes, checked again, and it was dead calm. A bit later I started seeing the leaves twitch a bit, so checked again and sure enough it was dead out of the NE in my face, so it was game on. There were dark clouds in the sky, so I knew light would fade a bit faster than normal. As light faded with only about 15minutes of shooting time remaining, a young racoon spooked in my direction, so I eased my SZ350 into position just in case. A few minutes later I heard foot steps in the leaves and the heart began to thump laugh I couldn't see the buck, but I could hear him coming right for a skinny shooting lane straight out from my stand. It was so dark at this point that I just stared down the lane through my Hawke scope and he appeared at 25yds broad side, but he was in an area where I remembered a small twig just on the edge of my lane. I waited until he made it just past the small limb, settled the cross hair, and touched off the shot. I heard the loud crack of the Slick Trick Mag at the shot, the buck rared up, and ran straight away for 15-20yds. He just stopped and walked away, no crash, nothing. Now, I'm starting to think about the little twig..."Did I hit the limb?..No, I waited, it was good...." The nerves were setting in at this point, but I finally calmed down, gathered my gear, and waited a little while. As I eased down the lane to the impact, there was no arrow and no blood. I shined my light out in the brush and spotted a speck of blood on a leaf, then spotted the rear of my arrow burried in the ground at the end of my lane. I was relieved at that point, the arrow was painted in blood. The buck had only made it approx 50yds through the brush. Not much of a blood trail despite the nice holes and good POI.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And for those of you that like Slick Trick wounds:

[Linked Image]

Have a good one,

loder
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Congrats nice job!
Awesome! Congrats.
Posted By: cburns17 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Congratulations and nice shot. Your broadhead did some work.
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
congrats
Posted By: Jtown Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Nice job
Posted By: Karnis Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Good shooting. Nice buck there.

Waiting for the rifle season as I don't bow hunt. cry
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Thanks fellas.

It wont be long Carlos. I'll be up in the Panhandle in a few weeks chasing them with a couple buddies as well.
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Awesome! Congrats Ronny!! Slick Tricks are hand down my favorite broadhead.....

Roy
Posted By: Robster Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
congrats, great job
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/09/12
Nice going!
Posted By: Two503000 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/10/12
Great job and what a GOOD shot!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/10/12
Congrats! Jeff
Nice buck! Congrats...
Good one. Hes been tricked to def.

Congrats and thx for sharing.

Posted By: Mac84 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/12/12
Congrats. Slick tricks are some nasty killin bastids.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/12/12
That's a good lookin buck. Nice shooting.
Posted By: ribka Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/12/12
nice character in that rack

Good job
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/12/12
Is that the exit wound?
Congrats!
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/15/12
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Is that the exit wound?

That's the entrance hole, exit looked the same.

Have a good one,

loder
Posted By: rong Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/20/12
very cool,nice buck,cograts
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Scored on an 8pt...... - 10/21/12
Congrats, loder!

My SZ380 is still blood free, hope to change that by Halloween!
© 24hourcampfire