Home
Posted By: cottonstalk Opinions wanted - 02/01/13
I know this may get interesting , but I am looking for advice on which slick trick to try. I am shooting a Vantage pro about 60lbs,finger release,2315s with 5" vanes , 6� right helical, with 125gr heads. I have read lots of reviews, talked to folks who lovem and some that won't shootem again. I know from reading in this forum lots of folks like them. So which one,trick,grizz,viper,mag ?
Posted By: birddog1 Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
I've shot both the original slick tricks and the magnums in 100 grain size. Both did great and either would be a great choice. I have no experience with the others.
Posted By: brayh92 Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
Never messed with any of them but if you switch from 5 inch vanes to feathers with the broad heads they will shot noticeable different
Posted By: saddlering Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
Yes Id go with feathers too! I have used the 100 grain slick tricks and is about all I use, I do use the grizz tricks too, they seem to make even bigger hole. but have drifted back to the ori. tricks, you cant go wrong with slick tricks!
Posted By: JJHACK Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
I think you could duct tape a slick trick to a tree branch and they would still shoot fine.

The original 125s are the best default base line broad head. When questioning this just stick with them.

Then tinker with whatever else you want.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
Standard 100 gr. but have used the Magnums also same/same as far as results
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
If anybody has 2 packs of 100gr Magnums, I'd trade them 2 packs of standard 100's. I've been shooting the mags and a friend gave me the standards so I'd like to swap 'em out.

Just throwing that out there...
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Opinions wanted - 02/02/13
If you can swap them Larry I'll just buy them from ya
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Opinions wanted - 02/03/13
Razor Tricks. Get rid of the vanes like others have told you.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Opinions wanted - 02/03/13
Start using a release and carbon arrows. Shooting a critical rig with fingers is just too dang hard. (You asked for opinions. smile )
Posted By: DaddyRat Re: Opinions wanted - 02/03/13
^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and 100 grain slick trick magnums.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Opinions wanted - 02/03/13
125 magnums here..
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Opinions wanted - 02/04/13
Whichever one your local archery shop has in stock the majority of the season...my local shop is out of magnums most of time, and the Standard 100s have been doing fine, no reason to change.
Posted By: Woozy Re: Opinions wanted - 02/05/13
I've had good luck with all of them but the grizz tricks make some
Nasty holes
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Opinions wanted - 02/10/13
I totally agree that feathers are the way to go. I have started using a brush rest slightly above the shelf, and it seems vanes fly a little better(It looks like bristles that are attached to the sight window of the bow). Vanes are good in really bad weather just do not shoot to far,lower your maximum effective range.
© 24hourcampfire