Home
With all the different brands of vanes and fletchings for hunting arrows out there, which one's do you guys find to be the best. I hear some are more accurate while others make less noise when in flight. I'm looking a good balance that can hall a broad head to a wall hanger! grin
I assume you are shooting a release????? What arrows??????? Lenght??????? Broadhead??????????
Yes, I'm shooting a Matthews Helium at 60 pounds. Arrows I currently am shooting are 28" Eastman 400's with 100 grain target tips, but am seriously considering purchasing some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 Carbon Arrows. Planning on slick trick style broadheads when I start using it for hunting. I have heard one needs longer fletchings when using hunting fixed broadheads, But I'm new to this game and finding out every expert bowman has a difference of opinion on archery as preachers due on religion. grin
Blazers or whatever you are using with your fieldtips now work the same with slick tricks, or that style of head... if your broadhead hits different than your fieldtip, you have a spine issue.

Kent
Blazers with my Rage
AAE Max Hunter is what I am shooting right now out of my release hunting bow. Blazers are very good as well and have used them in the past.

I have Blazers on my 3D arrows.
Blazers!!
Blazers hah, well very good, I got those on my current target arrows now. Thanks guys!
i've been fletching my own shafts for 20 plus years and I really like the blazers. if your bow is tuned good and shooting straight the 2" blazers will fly even the big fixed broad heads

plab
blazers
You should be good spine wise. The blazers will do just fine steering a Slick Trick. I dont have OT2 handy to run your setup through as I am offshore at the moment. But stepping up in spine to a stiffer arrow just to get more weight aint always a good idea. An arrow on the stiff side will tune, but if it aint broke why fix it, Different manufacturers offer different weight arrows in your particular spine. Something to keep in mind.
I like Flex Fletch FHP200's better than nay Blazer or Fusion; particularly, when using broadheads. I think it does a better job at 40+ yards.
I like Flex Fletch FHP200's better than any Blazer or Fusion; particularly, when using broadheads. I think it does a better job at 40+ yards.
© 24hourcampfire