Home
Posted By: Hoyt Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/12/13
Used my Big Foot Sasquatch T/D recurve and Simmons Tree Shark broadheads. Killed him little over a mile walk from the house in Shawnee National Forest. Boned and packed out..almost killed me..anything bigger will have to be two trips..getting too old and feeble.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Buck_ Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/12/13
Well done, Hoyt. Not too old and feeble yet I reckon!
Posted By: ScottH Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/12/13
That's a good southern IL buck Hoyt. Congratulations. What county are you hunting in?
Great recurve buck!
Nice buck congrats
Congrats, doing it the hard way...well played
Posted By: pointer Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/13/13
Super! Great buck, especially on public land. Well done.
Nice buck, beautiful bow - great job.
Posted By: Hoyt Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/15/13
Thanks for the congrats..Scott, I'm hunting Galatin and not seeing any deer lately. I've only seen one other buck bigger than this one and it walked up on me while I was getting my climber together after coming down the tree..happens at least once a season with me.

Seen a whole bunch of little bucks earlier and some little one's chasing does..but no sign of a whole bunch of big ones that I got on my trail cams after the season last yr.

The only standing corn left around here is a big field right where I hunt and it's killing me.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/17/13
Very nice there for sure, Hoyt.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/17/13
Well Done indeed Hoyt! laugh

DIY Public Land in the crowded east, and with a REAL bow, no less! cool

Kudos!
That's a nice buck! I have always wondered how much practice it would take to become proficient with traditional gear? That would certainly up the fun factor to get one shooting instinctively.
Posted By: Hoyt Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/24/13
If someone on here from Michigan sent me an instant message inquiring about Shawnee..I lost it before I could reply..so send again..thanks.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Well Done indeed Hoyt! laugh

DIY Public Land in the crowded east, and with a REAL bow, no less! cool

Kudos!

+10
Posted By: CRS Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/27/13
Big congrats!
Posted By: ckr Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/28/13
Wow! Pretty hard to do it better than that. Nice buck and great job!
Wasn't me Nice Buck with a curve! my Great Great grandfather is buried in the Shawnee Forest died a few days after the Government forced him to sell his land. head stone still there.
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Killed This One Last Wk. - 11/28/13
Congrats nice buck and with a recurve no less ,hats off to you Sir
© 24hourcampfire