Home
Posted By: TNrifleman PSE Sequoia Longbow - 12/06/15
I just bought a very nice used Sequoia bow. It is 68 inches long and 55 #. I have used a PSE compound for years, but this is my first traditional bow from PSE. I do have other longbows and recurves. Do any of you have experience with a Sequoia?
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: PSE Sequoia Longbow - 12/07/15
No one? I read several reviews on line, but am interested in hearing from members of the Fire.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: PSE Sequoia Longbow - 12/07/15
How's it shoot for you? I just looked at one. It seems to have a very small amount of reflex deflex. All that matters is how you like it.

I would shoot a FF string if it's rated for it and about 9- 10 gpp of arrow weight.
Thanks for the reply. I haven,t received the bow yet, it should arrive within a few days. I'll also need to get some arrows and a new a bowstring. Three Rivers Archery is where usually buy supplies.
Have you ever shot a longbow?
Yes, I have a 55# longbow.
Well duh, you said so in your op didn't you. Sorry,I don't know much about the PSE. Is there anything about it that attracted you to it over your current bow, or do you just like trying different bows?

I've owned dozens of trad bows. I still have 7 or 8. I shoot everything from a ILF Italian bare bow to a bamboo backed Osage with wood arrows. My main hunting bow is a Black Widow PLX 55lbs and 62". My hunting recurve is a 60" Dalaa. I have the 6th one they ever sold, back when they advertised them as having Win & Win limbs, before they started using mystery limbs.

I hope you enjoy it. please let us know your impressions.

I suppose if I bought another longbow I would get a Border Harrier GL.
I do like trying new bows and the Sequoia appealed to me. I have several recurves, but I really want (I think) to hunt with a longbow. The Sequoia will be a new toy. I like the longbow I have, from a custom maker in Georgia, but the PSE was affordable and has a larger grip.I'll keep you posted.
© 24hourcampfire