Home
Posted By: TomA Between the Eyes - 11/02/17
Had some pigs come in while deer hunting. The red glow is my arrow in flight with Luminok. Arrow went in to the fletch and pig reared up and fell over. Tom
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Between the Eyes - 11/02/17
We won't believe it till we see a picture of it dead
Posted By: dale06 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/02/17
Neat pic!
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/03/17
Perfect!!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
Way to go!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

You mean videos!
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17

Yup
Posted By: kingston Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
Cool! You should have the head mounted with the arrow sticking out!
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
The brown one gave you a perfect shot!!!!!! Otherwise good shooting......
Posted By: littlecmonkey Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
I got my first deer that way. I didn't know better, and took a much farther shot than I should have. Nerves and distance put the arrow nowhere near where I wanted it to be, but it hit the doe on the bridge of the nose, traveled an inch and went in directly between the eyes. Broadhead lodged on the backside of the skull. Ironically, after gutting the deer, I dragged her just some 30 yards and came face to face with a bruiser of a buck. Learned to wait after seeing that.
Posted By: TomA Re: Between the Eyes - 11/04/17
This sow was the boss, throwing other pigs out of the way. I waited some 4-5 minutes for a "behind the ear" shot and it wasn't happening. I video all my shots so I can review in slow motion, Here is another between the eyes (almost) shot. Tom
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rocsm1z.jpg?1[/img]
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
Have you ever tried to shoot two with one arrow? I've done it with a rifle but I always wanted to do it with archery equipment. Off course the hogs couldn't be too big to pull that off.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
Wondering how many you've wounded trying head shots?
Posted By: TomA Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
In over 45 years of bow hunting I have taken 2 head shots and not on big game animals, so wonder no more. The results I have posted. Tom
Got ya! I'm surprised you penetrated a hogs hard noggin....hogs are vermin and like cockroaches in TX I get it
Posted By: kingston Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
For the record IMGUR sucks.
Imgur is what some folks suggested. Still trying to get img to post vs link. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not. What do you use?
Where I hunt (Camp Bullis) 468 hogs were shot in 3 days from helicopter. They are worse than cock roaches and really interfere with Deer hunting. Tom
Good Lord they really are uncontrollable...I'll be down in March to do my small part in irradiation
Posted By: kingston Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
Postimg.org is my preferred image hosting platform. STX turned me on to it.
Thanks kingston, I will give it a try, Tom
[Linked Image]
Wow, it is really simple, Thanks. This was an Elk I called in and my buddy shot a few years ago. Huge body on this Elk. Colorado GMU 63. Tom
Posted By: ingwe Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
Good Lord they really are uncontrollable...I'll be down in March to do my small part in irradiation

Eradication.......
Posted By: hookeye Re: Between the Eyes - 11/05/17
FWIW Imgur doesn't work well for me on this site, but Postimage does.
Wondering how many you've wounded trying head shots?

Living where you do in New York you may not realize how bad the pig problem is. They are not a game animal they are a plague. the way I understand it the sows can begin breading at 6 months of age and they have litters of multiple piglets. They are pretty nocturnal also making them even harder to control by hunting.

This may be cruel or unethical but it is quite common practice to shoot hogs in the gut on purpose so they go off and die somewhere else and you don't have to bother with disposing of the bodies.
I practice shoot and release on all the big pigs (over 200 lbs). It is very normal to see 15-20 pigs in a group that may come in 3 different times during a single night. It is only getting worse as time goes by. 5 years ago there were no pigs on Camp Bullis, now they are everywhere. Tom.
I like that "shoot and release" Ha Ha
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Between the Eyes - 11/14/17
Originally Posted by TomA
This sow was the boss, throwing other pigs out of the way. I waited some 4-5 minutes for a "behind the ear" shot and it wasn't happening. I video all my shots so I can review in slow motion, Here is another between the eyes (almost) shot. Tom
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rocsm1z.jpg?1[/img]

Remove the ?1, after.jpg !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bowfisher Re: Between the Eyes - 11/26/17
I'd like to get that opportunity also, I collect pig skulls, would be neat to have a BH hole right in the forehead of one. Great pic!
© 24hourcampfire