Home
Posted By: MadMooner Which stand? - 11/27/17
Haven't hunted out of a stand in some time and thinking I'd like to hang at least one on a property next year.

I'm thinking a hang on stand. Would like a sizeable platform. Weight doesnt matter too much, won't be hiking far. It'll likely stay in the same tree all season as well.

Thinking Bigfoot XXXL or the XL Lounger.

Any suggestions, besides don't fall out??
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Which stand? - 11/28/17
Summit
Posted By: trf215 Re: Which stand? - 11/28/17
The XL Lounger is a very nice stand for the money. In cold weather I've had the seat fabric on the Bigfoot XXXL make noise. I'm not sure if that'll be the case with the Lounger. Other comfortable stands are the Millennium hangons.
Posted By: 257James Re: Which stand? - 12/02/17
Originally Posted by Tom264
Summit

+1
Posted By: 2Backcountry Re: Which stand? - 02/20/18
Millennium M150 Monster is one of the most comfortable and easiest to set up that I have and you can sit in this stand all day in comfort........ If I need to carry a long distance and want to go light as possible I run my Lone Wolf Alpha or Lone Wolf Assault with sticks but they are not as comfy as the Monster.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Which stand? - 02/20/18
https://www.moonstands.com/

1/2 Moon stand
Posted By: scottishkat Re: Which stand? - 02/20/18
The summit climbers are fantastic I have a goliath and an a closed front sd. Both are really stable hunting platforms. The goliath you can sit all day without any great difficulty. I added the optional rifle rest and I shot a deer from 375 without much trouble. That said you can remove the seat and keep it in the truck easily. Having a stand already in the woods is pretty nice but from my experience the deer know where they are especially does and mature bucks. I found this especially so with ladder stands I would be hunting 1 hundred feet from a ladder stand with my climber and it was surprising how much attention the stand gets from a leery doe with little ones even when the stand has been there for years. I can only assume that hang ons get the same attention.

Climbers are nice because you can go from tree to tree depending on conditions. A nother nice thing about climbers is you can change the height for early or late conditions. In the late season when the deer have been pressured it's nothing for me to climb 30' in my goliath. In the early season it 8' to 12' depending on leaves. You can't do that in a ladder you can probably do it with a hang on but you better have a lot of ladder sections and you can't go down without removing ladder sections.

Deer do not know you are there when you're 30' high without a lot of movement.

All that said there are plenty of summit look a likes out there that are probably plenty comfortable. But I know where I will be next season.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob
Posted By: hanco Re: Which stand? - 03/26/18
I like a tripod.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Which stand? - 03/28/18
I have several of the Big foot stands XL I believe. They are reasonably priced and work great.
Be sure to wear a safety line 100% of the time you are off the ground. That way If you fall, it’s no big deal.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Which stand? - 03/28/18
FWIW If set and forget...........am leaning more and more toward regular ladder type stands.
© 24hourcampfire