Home
Posted By: rylee1 Which Release - 12/06/17
Been out of bow hunting for several years due to bad shoulder after rebuild I am gonna give it a go again. What release do you all recommend
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Which Release - 12/06/17
I use a Free Flight C-10. It's kind of like a half glove around your hand. You can buy them with a trigger that you pull, or a trigger that you push. I never really liked the releases that just hang on your wrist, but everybody's different.

http://www.winnarchery.com/C-10-Bow-Hunting-Archery-Release-C10-Free-Flight-Winn-Archery.html

I don't know if it's legal in Michigan, but you might think about a crossbow.
Posted By: rylee1 Re: Which Release - 12/06/17
Thanks the crossbow is legal but just really isnt for me thanks for the info kind of sounds like the release I used years ago
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Which Release - 12/06/17
I could never get comfortable with the "wrist-pulls" and always used a "hand-grip".
Posted By: 257James Re: Which Release - 12/06/17
I have a couple of Scott Releases, a Wolf and a Sabertooth. Both have a buckled wrist strap which I now prefer. It’s all a matter of what you get use to. My first release was a handheld Hot Shot Model A, it worked well, but times change.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Which Release - 12/07/17
Fletchunter Shorty wrist model.
I had over 50 K shots through a reg Fletchunter wrist model..........zero probs.
Like the shorty model even better.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Which Release - 12/07/17
same as hookeye
Posted By: centershot Re: Which Release - 12/07/17
Scott Lil Goose and Scott Longhorn for when the Lil Goose gets me punchy.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Which Release - 12/08/17
I honestly prefer a Stan SX3, they cost a bit more but they are really worth it. It has a ton of adjustment built in and Stan is the only company I know of that has a built in training lock pin that will allow you to use the release without actually firing. The only other release I own is a TruBal absolute 360 which again I liked because its very adjustable. The only issue with hunting with the TruBal is that it is a hook style and I cant leave it on the bow so I keep it in my pocket. The Stan is a pincher style that you can lock onto the D-loop and leave it. Of course the TruBal in my pocket does stay warmer but what can you do.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Which Release - 12/08/17
Scott Archery has a variety of releases and styles. They are all excellent quality materials, well built and backed by great customer service.
Posted By: scottishkat Re: Which Release - 12/08/17
I have a couple of Scott release aids including a silverhorn and a Trufire can't recall the models. My Spot Hogg Wise Guy puts them all in a storage bin collecting dust holds up like a tank and don't worry about the wrap around type or L shape.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Which Release - 12/09/17
Spot Hogg Wise Guy
Posted By: Guybo54 Re: Which Release - 12/09/17
I think releases are like bows, you really need to test drive a few before you buy. There's lots of good releases out there now a days to choose from. If you have a local shop you could go try some out and see what fits and feels good to you. I'm sure the shop wouldn't mind letting you test a few out. I've been using the same Fletchunter Concho for years and it has been a good release for me.
Posted By: 280Ackleyrized Re: Which Release - 12/10/17
Carter/NockOn Nock2it for me. Awesome release. Also make a silverback that's a tension release made to be used as a training aid for the nock2it.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Which Release - 12/10/17
I think you need to decide if it's an index or thumb release first.
Posted By: semi Re: Which Release - 12/14/17
Standard Trufire patriot wrist release. They just work and only cost $40
Posted By: MAH1977 Re: Which Release - 12/17/17
Carter Chocolate Addiction thumb release. I flinch really badly with a finger release.
Posted By: Sykotik Re: Which Release - 12/17/17
Originally Posted by semi
Standard Trufire patriot wrist release. They just work and only cost $40

I've had the standard Trufire since 1999. Paid a little less then but it still works just fine.
Posted By: midget Re: Which Release - 12/18/17
If you can get you hands on one, give a No Limit Archery Ringer release a try. Hand held release that is triggered by your ring finger. It makes a back tension release extremely intuitive. I love mine, next best thing to shooting fingers.
Posted By: setch Re: Which Release - 01/07/18
After trying lots of options, the True-Fire chicken wing...best I have found
Posted By: setch Re: Which Release - 01/07/18
After trying lots of options, the True-Fire chicken wing...best I have found for me
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Which Release - 01/07/18
I shot a Scott for a long, long time with no problems.

I went to the Spot Hogg Wiseguy a few years ago and life got better.

I just picked up the new Spot Hogg Keeton and it’s the best IMO.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Which Release - 01/07/18
Some really good advice here to include:
- Decide what kind of release you want first
- Try as many as you can, it’s such an individual thing, and I would add
— make sure whatever you try is adjusted correctly first before you pass on it
- Consider going to or buying from a pro shop, good expertise in getting help is worth a bit of mark-up for me
- If you go wrist strap, try to decide how you like the jaws connected to the wrist strap. Mine is a flat rope-like material. I didn’t like the solid articulated metal as it seemed to induce more twist or flex from the release to the bowstring.

I shoot a Scott single jaw, think it is a Little Goose, but have not looked at releases in a few years. The Stans mentioned above sounds quite interesting.
Posted By: hanco Re: Which Release - 02/02/18
I have a Timney, it’s a Cadillac
Posted By: hookeye Re: Which Release - 02/05/18
Seen lots of folks set their release light and then punch and swing at it.
Pretty comical.
None of them good rifle shots either.
© 24hourcampfire