Home
Hey guys, I'm heading to Montana with a general combo tag for elk/deer. The original plan was to hunt in rifle season. Things came up, and plans changed. Will now be hunting archery from the middle to the end of September. Which brings me to the following questions. I shoot an Elite Impulse 32 set a 70lbs/29" draw with carbon express maxima hunter arrows. I shoot rage 2 blade hypodermic heads for PA whitetail. I'm definitely planning on changing to a fixed blade head for elk. Which one would you guys recommend. Also, should I switch to one of the smaller diameter carbon arrows for the sake of less wind drift and the longer shots I might encounter out there, as opposed to the PA treestand shots I'm familiar with? Any other recommendations or things I'm overlooking, equipment wise, as far as the bow is concerned?
I would recommend at least a 450 grain arrow (thats only 6.43 grains per pound of draw so its a light weight projectile) And a solid, 2 blade single bevel broadhead like the cutthroat. I recently used it on a water buffalo and the guide said bowhunters won't get a pass through on a water buffalo.

But I did.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As to the small dia. Arrow. Don't bother. Ive made shots on game with huge diameter alum (2315) at over 60 yards with zero issue at 9000 feet elevation. With a heavier projectile with weight forward, you don't have to sweat the wind drift stuff under 90 yards shots.
Hey dumb dumb, he’s asking about elk, not a scrawny farm fed Holstein/Jersey cross....
You are pretty stupid (all though all here know that already) When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you in advance. Now, skedaddle, the grown ups are talking bowhunting.

Today a bowhunter stopped by my booth at the Pope and Young event. He won't a guided hunt at a Pope and Young banquet that he said was worth $10,000 in some low draw area. I asked him what broadhead he was planning to use. He said Cutthroats because the elk guide recommended it to him after seeing it used by other clients. Having personally used it on game larger and more durable than elk, I too can highly recommend them.

Then we get this dipschit jughead that does not know one species from another or a male from a female hoping to have some input here, trying to pretend he could possible offer anything of value.

I laffed.
Hang some elk pics dumbfuuck....

PS, I didn’t read any of your last post, but I’d like to see some free range elk you’ve killed...
fuquing idiot. I don't know why I keep you around......... Oh yeah, you make me laugh. grin laugh

You probably think broadheads are species specific.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, I didn’t read any of your last post, .

Everybody here knows thats a lie. You read it multiple times.
So have you killed a elk???
Originally Posted by sharp_things
You probably think broadheads are species specific.
You pasty white ignorant fuuck..... haha
LOL. Oh the drama and frustration you are feeling. Lash out boy, lash out. Get on it. wink
Ooooops high country carbon 4 runner, rocket ultimate steele 100’s..... I killed my first blacktail buck with a bow 25 years ago, and have filled numerous freezers full of Roosevelt and rocky mtn bull and cow meat..... now you can tell your buddy’s you know someone that’s killed free range blacktail and Roosevelt elk with a bow..... haha
[Linked Image]
Are you the fat turd in those photos? Hashahahahahahahahaahaha

A couple m months ago I took a Eurasian boar with a cutthroat broadhead. It kill work great on elk.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And a 1700 Lb Water Buffalo. It will work great on elk.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stick around and we teach you all about bowhunting. Ive already taught you that there are male and female animals and broadheads are not species specific. Stick with me kid, oh the things you can learn.

But listen more and type less and you wont keep looking like such a douche. wink
Oooops even a caged Montana whitetail!!!! Lmfao
[Linked Image]
Boy you are just a regular ol Cameron Hanes!!!! Haha
If I was gonna run a fixed blade, it would be kudupoint, google it.....

I like more blades, more hemorrhage....
Stick around kiddo. After 42 years of bowhunting I can bring you up to speed pretty quick. But you need to slow your roll speedtracer. wink
Naw, it hunted farm animals it would be with a spear..... hint
In 5 months I took 6 diff species in 4 diff states with 4 diff broadheads. Ive got over 500 different broadheads in my collection and have tested several dozens others. Ive even taken deer and bear with homemade broadheads. Its kind of what I do. Stick around. Take notes.When I recommend a broadhead, you can take that to the bank.
Copy that, old McDonald’s farm approved....
Op - take a try with Slick Tricks on your current arrows. I like the Vipers, but the standard ST four blades will do as well.

Longer shots - no - you need to practice to your limits to put your arrows in the KZ on the animal.

Being out West doesn’t mean longer shots, it needs you may have to say “no” to shooting at an animal that you can see.

You don’t need to change your setup, you need to be proficient with what you already have.

I have an Energy 32, same draw, same weight range - you’ll be fine...if you think through your abilities AND your limits.
Today I was talking with both Dale and John Karch (3 Rivers Archery) They carry one of my products in their catalog in the broadhead section, We talked about their Woodsman broadheads. I set up a hunter with the woodsman for his American bison bow hunt and recommended woodsman to him. I built his arrows and assembled his woodsman and tuned him. They performed flawlessly for him. You can get an education about it here.

http://ronkulas.proboards.com/thread/55/archery-bison-blog

Wanting to try them on Russian boar, I used them in Jan. They are outstanding and would be another great choice for elk.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Op - take a try with Slick Tricks on your current arrows. I like the Vipers, but the standard ST four blades will do as well.

Longer shots - no - you need to practice to your limits to put your arrows in the KZ on the animal.

Being out West doesn’t mean longer shots, it needs you may have to say “no” to shooting at an animal that you can see.

You don’t need to change your setup, you need to be proficient with what you already have.

I have an Energy 32, same draw, same weight range - you’ll be fine...if you think through your abilities AND your limits.

I agree but would add that he might want to switch to brass or steel inserts to boost his weight and weight forward. Ive killed a lot of deer with slick trick and they are an outstanding head. I took this buck in Nov. of last year with a ST std.

[Linked Image]
I've got a ton of slick trick magnums here. Shot them for years for PA deer. Liked them a lot. I was eyeing up the stainless viper tricks, little less blade angle, and look pretty tough.
Originally Posted by borden811
I've got a ton of slick trick magnums here. Shot them for years for PA deer. Liked them a lot. I was eyeing up the stainless viper tricks, little less blade angle, and look pretty tough.

I really like and have enjoyed 100% success rates with ST magnums but the low weight (100 grains) would make me a little Leary on larger game with a frame size like elk. The ST mags would sere you well but Im a big proponent of high FOC 19%+ as it steers the broadheads so well and packs a punch on hard impacts. Sticking with the ST but using a brass or steel insert would be a low cost way of boosting the penetration potential of the arrow and heads you already have.

Your thread got a little off track when that dipschit tried to pretend like he knew what he was talking about, but I think you are sitting on the makings of a good elk arrow (Build arrows for a giant bull and a poor hit like bone) and then if the worst case happens you are prepared rather than surprised. Nobody ever lost an animal because they penetrated too deep.
You pasty white ignorant fuuck..... haha

OMG, I’m in tears laffin...Get sum, pard...😂😂😎
Your bow setup sounds fine. I like Muzzy 4 blade 90 or 100 grain broadheads myself.......and yes I have killed several bulls with them. And please don't take long shots - get in close and punch both lungs. Some of you PA treestand tactics can work well if the conditions are warm and you set up over a wallow or spring.
Agreed, muzzy is the old standby, I’ve used em and seen a lot of deer and elk killed with em. I too like the 4 blade models too, advantage of another blade doin bidness...
So is the answer you have never killed an elk ???

Looks like you have shot lots of amazing animals that someone else pointed out for you.

You win the what works on elk debate! with not one elk in the bag. You should talk really nice to Judman and maybe he would point out an elk for you to brag about like you DIY that [bleep]. 😂.

OP! G5 or muzzy MX3 have put a pile down for me. I have more elk teeth than Jud. LoL. And that’s a ffuucckknn lot.

Yes Fred has scewered lotsa bulls, solid advice right there! Don’t hang any pics either Freddy!!! Grin
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Show off!!! Grin
all these broadheads listed will kill elk, I have used Zwickey Eskimo`s 2 blade with breeders in the past done well,last 5 years we have used Elmer expendables and those have done well too . wish you all great safe luck this fall,Pete53
To suggest that a broadhead is species specific is the height of ignorance. A broadhead that will penetrate the heart/lung of a grizz or black bear, a kudu, Wildebeast, a huge hog, Water Buffalo, bison etc. will work on an an elk just the same if it will kill the aforementioned critters.

Elk are not magical creatures (hint) wink

To suggest otherwise is pretty dumb but then Im have been witness to a lot of dumb on this site. grin
Who’s saying Broadheads are species specific you dumb sonafabitch.... your talking with men that have actually, I know between fred and I, have killed a dump truck load of elk with archery tackle..... I used the same setup for deer.... hint....
You. Remember when you posted this really stupid comment?

Hey dumb dumb, he’s asking about elk, not a scrawny farm fed Holstein/Jersey cross....

You really are dumber than you sound. wink

The dumb in strong with you. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I notice how narrow and pointy the top of your caranium is, it’s obviously squeezed every ounce of common sense and reading comprehension outta your stupid head......
It’s is abnormally narrow, the top of your head
My success with cutthroat heads on large game aside. I think they will do ok on a magical and mystical elk. (hint) wink

Even dummies here would have to agree with me (but wont). They would do well to listen to 40+ years of bowhunting experience. (but wont)

http://cutthroatbroadheads.com/success_photos.html
Having butchered lots of “farm” raised critters, a 22 Mag works quite handily, probably not for elk under most circumstances, though it’s been done...
You continue to fail. I enjoy that. Dont stop. wink
Do you see how narrow the top of your head is???? Hint
[Linked Image]
Yes or no ? Sharp things you ever put a elk in the dirt? Ever? With anything?

PS if you need brass or aluminum inserts for your elk load your doin it wrong.

Good old ics hunter 340 or the Easton likeness will do great. Those heavy POS your shooting from your tree stand don’t get a guy on foot hunting elk in the blood. Shots at 60 yards are common place here. arrows with rainbow Trajectory or a joke. My elk guide thinks you are full of 💩.
But at any time feel free to tell us about the elk you have taken and the means used.
[Linked Image]

Yes mole man. (fail) like that. Dont stop. You entertain me. Like a jester. Looking forward to your next attempt.

Dance.

When your quiver of knowledge is empty. post a pic of a mole again.

Looking forward to many mole pics. What a dumbazz. hahaahahahahahahah.
Fred she’s never killed a elk.... elk with feed bags around their head are obviously out of her price range..... grin
Yes, just like that.

Dance puppet. Lets see the mole again.
[Linked Image]upload
Jud. he responds to every post then pretends to be a puppet master. Cannot answer a simple question and talks about what he doesn’t know.
Any bets he borrowed the money those hunts and is still making payment.

PS hip quivers are for tree hanging and no killing jokes.

Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Once again you are the real deal. I love it. Dad shot that head for years I killed my first cow with one 25 years ago.
Yes pat killed a pig a couple years ago with a recurve. Wood arrows too pat???
Originally Posted by fredIII

Once again you are the real deal. I love it. Dad shot that head for years I killed my first cow with one 25 years ago.

Old technology...;)

I've never claimed to be much of a bowhunter...just a another reason to get extra days in the field. Plus being around those big bulls in the rut is really something, as you know.

It's coming soon....80 days to be exact! Yeah, I'm counting...;)
I keep one and give one to my Pard. Couple solos that banked me two. I love ivory

[Linked Image]
Black widow right? Got a pic of that bull pat? Thanks

[Linked Image]images upload

Wonder if it would make P&Y...…;)
Good Elk. And a good head that has proven itself over several decades on all species.
[Linked Image]
Swat that skeeter. Easton Legacy aluminums. Im a aluminum fan.

[Linked Image]images upload

Wonder if it would make P&Y...…;)

Ahhhhh I’ve been inspired.... again. Grin

Nice work
I remember the days of XX75’s, 78’s, 2213’s, 2413’s, 2315’s, pass the carbon.
[Linked Image]upload images free

Wackem broadhead I used to kill a bull in 2015. Shot was quartering away at 44 yards. This rib, on the off side, stopped the arrow from completely penetrating...[Linked Image]
2315 with an internal 2117 for the first 5 or 6 inches for me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since then I switched from aluminum to steel taper adapter to boost FOC and momentum. (Or I use one piece solid steel heads without an adapter)
[Linked Image]

Bull I killed in 2017. I used a 100gr slick trick.
[Linked Image]

2015. My best bull by far. Probably won't see another like him...and I'm good with that..;)
Ol Short Thing just keeps trying to fit in. Insults you then tries to be your buddy. Delusional broken man. I ALMOST feel sorry for him.......nah! Lmao

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since then I switched from aluminum to steel taper adapter to boost FOC and momentum. (Or I use one piece solid steel heads without an adapter)

Ever run one of those through an ELK ? LOL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ever run one of those through an ELK ? LOL.

Way larger animals than elk. Way more durable and wider and meaner too. wink

Broadheads still are not species specific and elk are still not magical. Im certain the OP can filter through the dumb stuff a couple guys on the short end of the stick are pouting about and actual posts of substance I and some others are providing. The but hurt is strong with some here. grin
[Linked Image]

Bull I killed in 2017. I used a 100gr slick trick.

God damn show off!!! Grin
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Ol Short Thing just keeps trying to fit in. Insults you then tries to be your buddy. Delusional broken man. I ALMOST feel sorry for him.......nah! Lmao

The big stupid dummy has forgot one thing, we’re hunters.... haha

Why doncha hold a knife up in a pic like the other big mouth stupid sonafabitch while your at you pasty white blubbering idiot....
[Linked Image]
Why doncha hold a knife up in a pic

I forget you dont know about L39 the traveling knife program I created. Happy to continue to educate you (again) wink

http://ronkulas.proboards.com/thread/401/l39-traveling-knife-program?page=1&scrollTo=1002
Guess my point is the gear used to kill Cape buffalo is not needed on elk. Your steel inserts and the like is way the [bleep] over kill and rainbows at 20yds are fine but once you get to hunt where the groundskeeper ain’t mowed the grass you will understand. Flat and to the point is where elk die.

Best part is you think you have won something all along giving advice when you don’t have any. LOL.
Clearly you dont understand. I knew that for some time but I fear you dont so its worth reminding you. Having used this heavy stuff to put adult sized arrows into large animals at 60 and 65 yards in the mountain woods tells me first hand that my trajectory is just fine and "overkill" is the key and far better than "underkill" . grin

You are welcome.

The cutthroat broadhead web site success gallery flush with page after page of elk kills also tells me that recommending them to the OP is sound advice. (since he is looking for gear recommendations) .

http://cutthroatbroadheads.com/success_photos.html

Now you can stop pouting since you were brought up to speed.. Let me know if I can assist you with anything else sport. wink
Clearly you dont understand. I knew that for some time but I fear you dont so its worth reminding you. Having used this heavy stuff to put adult sized arrows into large animals at 60 and 65 yards in the mountain woods tells me first hand that my trajectory is just fine and "overkill" is the key and far better than "underkill" . grin

You are welcome.

The cutthroat broadhead web site success gallery flush with page after page of elk kills also tells me that recommending them to the OP is sound advice. (since he is looking for gear recommendations) . Now you can stop pouting since you were brought up to speed..

LOL. So you are giving advice based on the photo gallery of the said companies web site. Never having used said product your self on the game ask about by the OP. Huh. You are even smarter than I thought. 🤭. Tell us more about how you google pictures of elk and tell yourself you could to.

Next week You should pretend to go lion hunting and give some expert advice on that subject once you find a web site to suggest. 😃
You might want to read more and post less.
Title says: Archery elk advice/ suggestions.
If one has never killed an ELK would their advice or suggestions be needed or valued? Huh🤔
Ps Jud, just PMed me saying that jock you want someone to hold! is actually a girls hair tie and a sunflower seed shell And the guys at pope and young voted it best in show.
Seems I wounded you far worse than even I thought, I didn't mean to upset you so. You too can fill out a butthurt report as well. wink

PS broadheads are still not species specific. They don't care if they are passing through the vitals of a elk or bear of water buff. Trust me on that one but feel free to ask as many questions as you need to.
Your really impressed with the farm raised Holstein/Jersey cross aintcha??? It’s actually a shame you are even posting pics of it. Next time I kill a horse for the neighbor I’ll snap a pic for the blubbering mouth breather.....
If at some point I shoot one of those I will let you know. You have me killing stuff I haven't even hunted yet. Slow your roll speed racer. Be patient. So far Ive killed a Vancouver bull and a water buffalo but if you have specific things you want to see a bowhunter kill, let me know. grin
OK. So what I've gleaned from this so far, from the people that routinely hunt and kill elk, screw on a sharp fixed blade head of good construction, use the setup I already have, practice like crazy in the event I have to shoot farther than I would in a PA treestand, and then instead of taking that shot, do my best to get closer if I can. It seems I'll be farther ahead in the game going that route, than stuffing and gluing all kinds of crap inside my arrows, and resighting/retuning everything for arrows with the trajectory of a shot put.

p.s. That picture of the old 2 blade head and the ivorys is hands down one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen posted on here. Thanks for the help fellas, and by all means keep the suggestions coming.
You are well on your way to kill all manner of big game regardless of species. Best of luck.
And you don't have to shoot single bevel fixed for elk, but they don't hurt either. Zwickeys have killed all the elk I've ever seen killed with an arrow. Just avoid mechanicals and you will be fine.

If the game wouldn't move, you could take longer shots if you were practiced, I used to be somewhat good in the mid 80s at longer shots with a bow, before it was the rage, but the deer will move, the elk will move and even though I was confident all the way out to 100 to be able to hit a softball size target, I just don't believe in long shots.
If you have the budget for it, Iron Will is a popular elk head. They are very well built and come in a variety of weights.

https://www.ironwilloutfitters.com/shop/
If you have the budget for it, Iron Will is a popular elk head. They are very well built and come in a variety of weights.

https://www.ironwilloutfitters.com/shop/

Again how in the [bleep] do you know.
Originally Posted by borden811
OK. So what I've gleaned from this so far, from the people that routinely hunt and kill elk, screw on a sharp fixed blade head of good construction, use the setup I already have, practice like crazy in the event I have to shoot farther than I would in a PA treestand, and then instead of taking that shot, do my best to get closer if I can. It seems I'll be farther ahead in the game going that route, than stuffing and gluing all kinds of crap inside my arrows, and resighting/retuning everything for arrows with the trajectory of a shot put.

p.s. That picture of the old 2 blade head and the ivorys is hands down one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen posted on here. Thanks for the help fellas, and by all means keep the suggestions coming.

Just a good head that your current set up shoots well and enjoy. Odds are you will kill an elk before the experts here. LOL. If you need some muzzy MX: to try pm me your address and I will send you a couple. I have moved on the the G5 and they are sitting.
laugh grin grin Bwahahahahahahahahaha

You really are a broken toy.

So easily triggered snowflake. wink

Holy [bleep] tff. “Snow flake” your lack of experience in just about everything worldly shows as you keep grasping for someone to realize and appreciate how you could kill elk if you could just see one. LOL

With a head that pointy maybe you can get someone to name the next broadhead they make after you. 😂😂🤣🤣😂🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤭 their website can say kills elk well and you can pimp it like you know. To fun rubbing your nose in facts.
I wanna hear about the WATER BUFFALO kill....
That puppet Will spend the time to copy and paste a ton of water buffalo content. Wait for it......

Holy [bleep] tff. “Snow flake” your lack of experience in just about everything worldly shows as you keep grasping for someone to realize and appreciate how you could kill elk if you could just see one. LOL

With a head that pointy maybe you can get someone to name the next broadhead they make after you. 😂😂🤣🤣😂🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤭 their website can say kills elk well and you can pimp it like you know. To fun rubbing your nose in facts.

you make this too easy on me.

Jump! wink
I wanna hear about the WATER BUFFALO kill....

Pace yourself young one. wink
Pasty white. I’m crying here.
He looks at what I write even though he says I'm on ignore. Lmfao!!! He must have to lift those saggy eyelids to see it though! 🤣
Haha god damn you can’t make this shiit up
Oh well! today I gave some lady’s that were lost directions to a place I have never been and not really sure where it is. LOL not really but it sheds light. 🤪

It’s just to funny. Who try’s to act like they have [bleep] figured so desperately? Is it a lack of confidence or need to feel big.
Regardless lying [bleep] deserve their noses rubbed in their lies. LMmFAO.
Like a wind up toy. Only easier. wink

[Linked Image]

Jump! grin
Hey she can cook too!!! Mostly WATER BUFFALO and RUSSIAN BOAR!!!!! Haha
Eat what you kill but the Russian boar is mostly gone. Im eating Eurasian boar now. grin

That cutthroat broadhead I used on that particular boar could never kill a magic elk. wink

I hear broadheads are species dependent.
He can't stay away. He loves to be humiliated by men. Must be some sort of fetish.
[bleep] I hope they have a pope and young event he can attend here that would be amazing.
Does p&y recognize high fenced farm animals now???? I’m confused
[bleep] I hope they have a pope and young event he can attend here that would be amazing.

That was last week. Up next is Bow Fest by the Owner of Feradyne (Rage, Glendel, Raven, etc) Thats at the end of next month. Stay tuned.
Does p&y recognize high fenced farm animals now???? I’m confused

Another learning opportunity for you (sweet for you). P&Y doesn't have a category for Vancouver bull, Water buffalo or Eurasian boar regardless of where they were killed.

https://www.pope-young.org/records/score_chart.asp

Look to SCI for other species records.

https://my.safariclub.org/record-book/minimums/

You are welcome. I encourage you to ask as many questions as possible. wink
Why is it that the guys with the least to offer scream the loudest?
Ron Cullotes your desperation to be seen as relevant, causes you to act out in a way that only drives you farther from from your misguided goal(s)
Your communication style lacks any semblance of knowledge or experience.
From your physical appearance I'd guess you suffer the same genetic misfortunes as Steelhead.
Another guy clamoring for my attention. Settle down, I can see you. I can pencil you in but Im going to have to move a few things around. Make at least a half dozen more attempts and I'll try to make time for you. Don't disappoint me. This is the only shot you will get. Don't half azz this. You only get one chance to impress me and I bore easily. wink
[Linked Image]

2015. My best bull by far. Probably won't see another like him...and I'm good with that..;)

This looks magical to me, and too, anyone who actually hunts them. But, “Farm League” wouldn’t know anything about that. 😎
Read posts from short_things and wonder why you bother clicking on half the threads on here, then someone like scenar posts and makes you glad you did. What a resource to draw from.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
From your physical appearance I'd say my wife would love to bang you.
Jud and Freddy have a lot to offer as well on killing nice animals...Plus, I get huge entertainment reading as they kick “Farm Leagues” balls all over the place...🤣😂😅😎
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by jackmountain
From your physical appearance I'd say my wife would love to bang you.

With his penchant for shafting farm animals, you better keep your wife away from him.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Jud and Freddy have a lot to offer as well on killing nice animals...Plus, I get huge entertainment reading as they kick “Farm Leagues” balls all over the place...🤣😂😅😎

More like kickin his kqhunt all over the place, nutless azzwipe that he is
It seems you are not up to the task yet. I can see potential but your delivery is to rushed. Your trying to hard. I told you not to half azz this. You only get one chance to try an impress me. Now relax, don't be nervous. You wanted desperately to get my attention. Don't blow this opportunity. wink

Now try it again, from the top....................... And............... ACTION.
It seems you are not up to the task yet. I can see potential but your delivery is to rushed. Your trying to hard. I told you not to half azz this. You only get one chance to try an impress me. Now relax, don't be nervous. You wanted desperately to get my attention. Don't blow this opportunity. wink

Now try it again, from the top....................... And............... ACTION.

Oh please!!! You could not be more of a joke. Truly sad to see a guy like you NOT get drowned by his mother in the bath tub! but some women have no sense of right and wrong.
Dudes head got that way from his mama poking it with a coat hanger...😎

Think she kept hooking that eye lid. 🤣. Must’ve had it wrapped around her wrist twice pulling with all her might.

Hahaha God damn I'm crying!!!!
Oh Fuuck! That’s funny schit....😂🤣
Hold tight he has us right where he wants us. We will start liking him in a couple more posts. 🤣🤣🤣👌🤣.
Or not 🤭.
I would like him more if he’d stop hanging pics of his Martha Stewart schit food served on plates that any sane person wouldn’t take out of a “Free Stuff” box at a garage sale...No, still wouldn’t like him...😎
[Linked Image]

Really??? I got up for this??? I gave you jokers all night to work on this project and this is all you came up with?

Color me disappointed.

I cant even applaud the effort ..................... Cmon. Its like your not even trying. Put some feeling into it (you guys are made up of that stuff) apply yourself and try to stick the landing. I will check back later. Try not to disappoint me again. Im worth it. wink

(Here is some material to work with) I got a citation back in 2012. Im in my mid 50's and out of shape. Sometimes when practicing with my bow at 90 yards I will miss the bullseye. You could try to weave that material into your routine but you have to make me believe. This is not going to work if you don't care. Im even letting you guys collaborate and your combined powers are feckless. If words and ideas are not your strong suit, perhaps you could take pics of me (that you have been searching for on the web) and alter them to make me look funny. That would be fun, right?

Now lets take it from the top. wink
Material.......hmmmm, how about poaching, homosexuality and assault. Now go! Lmao

Think she kept hooking that eye lid. 🤣. Must’ve had it wrapped around her wrist twice pulling with all her might.

Hahaha...you guys are are killing me! I love it....keep up the good work grin
Cheerleading....................... way to man it up. wink

But if another guy added to the task is needed to make some sort of an impact, Im ok with that. Im worth it. grin

Later I will let you in on a little secrete why this will not work out the way you hoped but I dont want to throw cold water on your efforts just yet.

Its a new day. You got this.
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Material.......hmmmm, how about poaching, homosexuality and assault. Now go! Lmao

Assault??? He get caught beating his peter like it owed him money????
I take it the silence means you guys are slowing your roll and getting together as a group trying to see if there is strength in numbers and if you can put something together.

Im patient. Quality over quantity. wink

Let me know when you are ready to pounce. I will try to act surprised. grin

TOO the task....TOO rushed....AND impress me

You can program a 3D printer to produce an amateurish looking go pro mount for a bow, but can't grasp the basics of spelling or grammar.
Seems homophones are the bane of your posting.
You spent and entire day on this (we both know you did) and freakin grammar is all you came up with???

Really, Im embarrassed for you now. I had such high hopes for you too.

[Linked Image]

As you were typing that you were giddy with excitement thinking you had a worthy response hoping to get my attention (how exciting for you) Only to fail.

Now, back to the drawing board for you and don't bother me until you have something worthy of my time.
Try to get into the role. What is your motivation???? What are you trying to accomplish? Sure you are hoping to deliver a crushing insult that will hurt my feelings (we will circle back to that in a moment) and you want to sound all internet badassy so really research your motivations and apply yourself to the task.Type it out and then say it in a mirror with a scowelly face and squinty eyes to see if you buy it first before trotting it out for me.

Now you are at a disadvantage on the whole "hurt my feelings" thing since I dont have any.Clearly you are made up almost entirely of them (and some fat) so you make the mistake of thinking others suffer your affliction but in order for you to hit a home run here, I would first need to place some value in you or have some respect for your opinion (see the beyotch please gif above). Perhaps take the advice that is coming into your PM inbox from the chattering hens.

Perhaps this will motivate you. Based on our interactions thus far this video sums it up very well. Im the guy on the left and you are the Ted Cruz looking guy on the right with the big hat. The rest of your crew are there to watch. Lets see if this will motivate you.

https://youtu.be/Yd8TpzioY6k

Cheerleading....................... way to man it up. wink

But if another guy added to the task is needed to make some sort of an impact, Im ok with that. Im worth it. grin

Later I will let you in on a little secrete why this will not work out the way you hoped but I dont want to throw cold water on your efforts just yet.

Its a new day. You got this.

SECRET.

Can you at least spell "poaching" correctly?
Cone head, who’s “we” you dumb bastard??? Someone needs to dig up a pic of dan ackroyd in the cone head movie
Getting good with your bow is very important and to a lesser extent the head as long as it's fixed for elk....

Most important thing is being a good Indian and your mental fortitude which we talk the least about...

Folks like sharp things will shut their yap with half a trip up a mountain doing a real hunt which he obviously has little to no experience with...

Originally Posted by GregW
Getting good with your bow is very important and to a lesser extent the head as long as it's fixed for elk....

Most important thing is being a good Indian and your mental fortitude which we talk the least about...

Folks like sharp things will shut their yap with half a trip up a mountain doing a real hunt which he obviously has little to no experience with...

Truth

Solid advice right there, from someone who “knows” ....
Im patient. I can wait until you come up with something and now with 5 guys working in concert, it should take no time at all. Wonder twin powers activate.

I like my odds. wink
Im patient. I can wait until you come up with something and now with 5 guys working in concert, it should take no time at all. Wonder twin powers activate.

I like my odds. wink

What exactly are you waiting for? your point was to push your product and get positive attention. So far no one seems to like you!! Kinda not what you were after. Your patiently waiting, for more humiliation and abuse 😀. Jesus! this is actually sad.
your point was to push your product and get positive attention.

Push my product?????? confused

This was my recommendation before idiot boy lost his mind.

I would recommend at least a 450 grain arrow (thats only 6.43 grains per pound of draw so its a light weight projectile) And a solid, 2 blade single bevel broadhead like the cutthroat."

None of these are my products. Are you confused again?
Elk pics....that's what we want, elk pics.
Pfft. I showed pics of animals way larger, tougher, wider and more durable. Remember broadheads (he's asking about broadheads) are not species specific. (A wise man said that)

But the moron about claims I was promoting"my products" so lets see him back peddle.

(Thats why this is such fun) wink
Push my product?????? confused

This was my recommendation before idiot boy lost his mind.

I would recommend at least a 450 grain arrow (thats only 6.43 grains per pound of draw so its a light weight projectile) And a solid, 2 blade single bevel broadhead like the cutthroat."

None of these are my products. Are you confused again?

In general, Your time on this site not this thread. Peddle faster.
Confused would be a guy giving advice about something he has never done.

In general, Your time on this site not this thread.

This of course not true. Swing and a miss. Thanks for playing. wink

Next?
Pfft. I showed pics of animals way larger, tougher, wider and more durable. Remember broadheads (he's asking about broadheads) are not species specific. (A wise man said that)

But the moron about claims I was promoting"my products" so lets see him back peddle.

So have you killed an elk or what?

I think you're about as full of schit as a Christmas goose.

What makes good deer bait for hunting whitetails in Wisconsin? That one I know you can answer through experience....

Is it getting 'fun' yet?
Sharp things, the last 4 guys, me , fred, Greg, and pat have probably killed more elk than you’ve seen.... hint

Is it getting 'fun' yet?

Yes. Thanks. wink
Sharp things, the last 4 guys, me , fred, Greg, and pat have probably killed more elk than you’ve seen.... hint

And that includes the outdoor channel, and outdoor life....

Man, if only broadhead were species specific and only worked on elk. hint

And yes. You are wrong on that count.
Lets recap. I recommend cutthroat broadheads (because they have worked for me on things twice as large) and at least 450 grains of total arrow and I got 7 pages of wankers to schit themselves over it. wink Think about that for a moment. Thats real power right there.

Easy peasy. Like playing a fiddle.

But please............. Continue.
I doubt it, pat and Greg have certainly killed a hellava lot bigger bulls than Fred and I, but I’ve not to proud to say my family has ate a lotta cow and raghorn meat, but hey, it’s Washington and I like killin, and I love elk meat....
Say more words. wink
Lets recap. I recommend cutthroat broadheads and at least 450 grains of total arrow and I got 7 pages of wankers to schit themselves over it. wink

Recap! is you tried to run your yap about hunting elk and have never done it.
Bunch of guys here don’t like you and have made it clear.
Then you blow harder and harder to try and cover the fact your a fraud.
Every step of the way you are beat at your own little insults and feel child like. All the while wishing you had spent more time trying to kill actual game animals instead of fenced pigs and cattle. LOL.
That is the recap.
Only your imagination could find this different. But you did at least view the cuttthroat web sight and made sure that someone had killed an elk with their product so good for you. 😉
I doubt it, pat and Greg have certainly killed a hellava lot bigger bulls than Fred and I, but I’ve not to proud to say my family has ate a lotta cow and raghorn meat, but hey, it’s Washington and I like killin, and I love elk meat....

Our smallest bulls are bigger than his best. LOL.
Oh and I can afford bacon so I’m doing something right.
You mean you and the wife don’t shiit in a pan, form loaves, and smoke it???? Haha
Lets recap. I recommend cutthroat broadheads (because they have worked for me on things twice as large) and at least 450 grains of total arrow and I got 7 pages of wankers to schit themselves over it. wink Think about that for a moment. Thats real power right there.

But please............. Continue.

It’s all the means to the end. You will not be around long. Frauds get the boots around here in tell they get the hint.
Recap! is you tried to run your yap about hunting elk and have never done it.

Nope. But nice try manufacturing that. That must have been fun for you.

of guys here don’t like you and have made it clear.

More like 13 year old girls. And You must know by now I could not care less. In fact science has yet to invent a device sedative enough to detect how little I care about "guy" on the internet "liking me" Good God are you a 13 year old girl?

Then you blow harder and harder to try and cover the fact your a fraud.

Another manufacture on your part. What color is the sky in your world?

But please. Go on. At least 4 more pages worth, I'm guessing. Im enjoying the panties here wadding up. wink
It’s all the means to the end. You will not be around long. Frauds get the boots around here in tell they get the hint.

Be careful, there is a guy here who calls out spelling errors when his quiver of ideas is empty.
You mean you and the wife don’t shiit in a pan, form loaves, and smoke it???? Haha

[bleep]! my wife has killed more elk than this fraud has seen in the wild.
And no loaves of that crap is needed here. We ain’t broke trying to pay off cattle hunts if you could call it a hunt.
Thats the sweet thing about my hunts. Ive never carried a loan or cost of a hunt. All are paid for at the close of business on the last day. Right now Im budgeting for 2019. I thinking $18K will cover it for out of state and Africa. Thankfully my financial situation is flush allowing me that luxury.
Oh and I can afford bacon so I’m doing something right.

Then you are in for a treat. Hot off the presses in the food section. Time for you to learn something (Again). You are welcome.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12922237/maken-bacon#Post12922237
Wow for a guy that don’t care you sure race to the keys to try and set the record straight.
18$ don’t buy an elk tag so again you will be standing on the sidelines with a grain feed farm animal while the men hunt.

Keep telling yourself you don’t care it’s cute.
OK, time to turn in. I have to go out to the shop and turn of the life tester I have running for a new drop away rest coming to market in a month or so now that we have all the production parts. FYI, the very first animal one of my prototype drop away rests killed was a big bull elk in Montana. shocked shocked Then I killed several species in several states with a prototype on my bow.

I will check back in the morning to see if your combined efforts have produced anything other than more entertainment for me.

Keep trying. Don't disappoint. wink
Elk pics....that's what we want, elk pics.

[Linked Image]

Tougher? Hilarious! You are absolutely right...The farm exotics you’ve been paying to kill are very tough eating based on your “watch me cook this boot leather pictures”. Your mouth is the only thing getting a workout chewing up that schit. You are in excellent shape from the lower to upper lip...

Try weight training the rest of your body and, maybe, one day you too can try and become a true hunter of free range wild game...Like the Mystical Elk, also know by the Indians as Wapiti. A very spiritual game animal that tastes amazing if properly cooked...I suggest you throw away all your skillets and cooking utensils...Sell your camera and devote all your forum typing time to better health and emotional self esteem group therapy, so you can explore your feminine manpussy with both hands while looking in your bedroom mirror of loneliness...Get ready, and start. I will grade your progress later...😎

[Linked Image]

#gangsigns
Yep Five-0
Again, I give you guys the opportunity to pull an all nighter and you disappoint. I’ve about given up anything of value from you but the entertainment value is pretty good so I will allow you to continue.

So any way. I feel bad for the OP and his request looking for input on broadheads so I want to help him out.

Since I outfit and set up not only myself but others wanting to boost arrow lethality on really big game (many species larger than elk) since the animals I’ve killed and those I’ve set up rigs for others have pretty thick hides and far thicker than relatively thin skinned critters like elk, I can tell you there are a lot of good options. I’ve already mentioned the cutthroats as a great option and its what I used on a recent water buffalo and since water buffalo have a hide that is nearly an inch thick in certain parts (I doubted that until I was skinning my water buffalo), its will be a home run for relatively thin skinned animals like elk. The cutthroat web site is flush with pictures of happy elk hunters.

Anther (lower cost) option is the three rivers Woodsman head. I’ve used it and can attest to its lethality. I’ve set up numerous bowhunters with this head. One such guy that came to me was doing a bison hunt and wanted me to recommend him a broadhead with a bow with specs much like the OP. Bison have not only a thicker hide than elk but that damned carpet on the shoulders. He was pleased with what I put together for him

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That said, last weekend he approached me at the Pope and Young event asking for help again. This time he is headed to Africa for 5 species of adult sized game more durable than elk and saw my water buffalo pics and wondered if he would be better served with the cutthroats. I told him he would be so he is using mine since they are currently sitting idle. I told him that the guide for my water buff hunt said bowhunters won’t get a pass through on water buffalo due to the incredibly thick hide and leaf springs they have for ribs.

I proved him wrong by getting a pass through with a cutthroat. This is the exist side of a nearly 2000 pound buff and the broken part that protruded (and I’m shooting less weight than the OP)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

From a body size standpoint you can see a Water Buff is a magnitude larger than an elk.

[Linked Image]

I hope this helps. Now I return you to the chattering masses to focus on grammar and spelling errors (I’ve left some in here to trigger them) and their pouting and tantrums and general feeling of inadequacy. They will no doubt whine some more (its entertaining) and once again, I will strike at their heads as they strike at my heels. (that should fire them up get at least two more pages of their breathless protests) wink

Now, I’m going to be out much of the day visiting two more hospitals using our equipment but I will check in later to read demands for “elk pictures” when the OP is asking for “broadhead recommendations” for critters as big as elk.
Well I just learned that a pass through is if the head makes it out the other side,not the whole arrow. Learn something new every day.

That means years ago on a large pig with 2.5 inch shields, wife made a pass through, 46 pound draw, zwickey head. THROUGH the shields.

This isn't any harder than folks make it but all the arguing drags it on.

If you want penetration, its simple. COC heads do better than others. Smaller and less blades do better than others. Heavier arrow weight helps penetration on top of that.

Beyond that its just choose what you like. No one needs a 'pass' through anyway, just need to get to the off side of the inside of the ribs anyway.
Originally Posted by rost495
Learn something new every day.

You are welcome. stick around. I would encourage you to ask as many bowhunting questions as possible. wink

Most folks new to bowhunting may not be aware that its only the broadhead that is responsible for lethality/hemorrhage. Getting that sharp thing to PASS THROUGH both side of the critter is key to lethality/hemorrhage and those two holes make for double blood trail bowhunters enjoy. If the carbon, aluminum or wood shaft and fletchings do not pass through its not required or necessary to that goal and they normally break off at the first swing of the shoulders any way but getting a pass through of the broadhead is the goal you will want to shoot for as once the head passes through the far side hide, its done all the damage it can do so it matter not if the head is an inch past the hide or in the dirt, it cant do any more than its already done.
[Linked Image]
I have killed only 5 elk.... a calf, 3 cows and 2 bulls,,,,, all DIY, coming from Wisconsin, with a set up a lot less than yours. My bows pulled 55 lbs. I think your compound set up will be good with anything,,,, I have used the old style 3 blade Muzzy at 125 grain, the Razor Cap, a vented style bh, like the woodsman, but not made anymore, and I have used the Magnus. I am a big fan of the Magnus line, especially the Buzz Cut...... also the Dead Ringer Butcher is one that I have heard good things about.......

I am no expert, but have a lot of patience..... I shot my really big bull, 5 x 6 at 9 steps. When I first spotted him bedded he was 110 yards at 3pm... It took till 440pm to get him in, so don't rush the shot

I will be solo this year, looking for a nice fat cow, since I love eating elk meat....... might hunt both Colorado and Idaho.................. good luck
© 24hourcampfire