Home
Best thing about this video other than the terrain and the hunt is that no one said , "SMOKED 'EM ! " .
Not a lot of talking either. VERY nice. Thanks for sharing.
And with a recurve....Kudos!
These guys know the PROPER way to pack an elk. A good string of llamas can get you in and out of some really nasty stuff.

[Linked Image]
Great video! Thank you so much for posting this.

The high, hilly country and the dead elk makes my hips, knees, back, etc., etc., ache just to think about it. For all those young guys out there watching this, go do it now! Age and decrepitude spares no man.
excellent video, never had llamas before but sure would be nice to have. we always just had to back pack them out to our cart then to the road.
Loved it! I shoot a Black Widow recurve. I am an average shot at best....I believe I could have made that shot if Lady Luck was on my side.
Originally Posted by pete53
excellent video, never had llamas before but sure would be nice to have. we always just had to back pack them out to our cart then to the road.
When I turned 60, I realized that I didn't have many more years of backpacking elk quarters. So, I started looking at various kinds of pack animals. I actually preferred donkeys but I couldn't find any standard ones. They were all minis. I tried goats, too, but the llamas worked out better for me because they can carry considerably more. I've been at it for 10 years now and they've saved me a LOT of work.
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Great video! Thank you so much for posting this.

The high, hilly country and the dead elk makes my hips, knees, back, etc., etc., ache just to think about it. For all those young guys out there watching this, go do it now! Age and decrepitude spares no man.

Boy have you got that right. Cheers NC
That video was too cool! That guy kept his composure, was in full predator mode, very neat to watch.
that is the first hunting video i have watched in about 10 years.
it makes me happy that there are guy's of such class still hunting the magnificent Wapiti.
got so sick of the NFL style dancing .
i think i would have stroked out with that bull breathing in my face. closest bull i ever took was 35 feet and that about made me wet myself.
super cool!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire