Home
ok fellas i've got a hoyt katera and a hoyt alphaburner that i love that have 60-70lb limbs. well, i'm getting a bit older,as we all are, and want to get some 50-60lb limbs installed. does anybody know of a hoyt dealer that would take on the job and does immaculate work as i'm sue the cams would have to be swapped also and don't want my bows bubba'd up.
thanks,
Big ed
Advantage Archery 208 735 9878 - ask for Caleb. In Idaho so it will take some shipping but he has people send him bows from all over the place to work on. Excellent service and a great guy to deal with. Tell him Trent gave you his number.
maybe you wanna get a hold of Barnsdale Archery,Dave builds some of the best limbs in the world for any brand bow. and to be honest i would have him build 45-55 lb. limbs and yes he will put them on your bow too.cell > 906 282 8327

Any Hoyt dealer should be able to do this. Keep in mind that if you swap cams to (which may be needed) you probably need new strings/cables. However for just a limb swap you may not need anything other than new limbs. Swapping them out takes about 20-30 minutes on a bow press.
Full Draw Archery Huntsville ala. Been there for years and a very big Hoyt dealer.
I don't know. I'm in the same boat so to speak. Looking like I may be better off just selling it off and purchasing a new one...
ken that will be last option for me. i absolutely love these 2 bows and shoot em well. i'm not interested in the past parallel limb bows in the least. i used to have to have the latest and greatest bows and sold/bought a new one every year. till i bought the hoyt katera in 2008 i believe then the alphaburner in 09 or 10. i'm not really sure whether i need to swap cams or just limbs to tell the truth.
thanks for all the replies,
Big Ed
Should just be a limb swap.

Any tech w a good press should be able to do it.

The issue would be getting the lighter limbs.
A Hoyt dealer might have some out of production limbs stashed, maybe even new ones. Worth a call.
Might as well get new string and cables too.
© 24hourcampfire