Home
Posted By: roundoak My patience is being tested - 10/30/19
My patience is being tested...the one I want has not showed up yet. Will be headed to Montana in 10 days, got to get it done.

Shot these two with a camera and let them walk.
[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

2nd deer
That's a huge body on that deer!

Good luck getting the one you're after.
Posted By: GregW Re: My patience is being tested - 10/30/19
Good luck man...
I would not have passed on either. Hope it works out.
I wouldn't have passed on either. Good luck!
Posted By: SKane Re: My patience is being tested - 10/30/19
Great captures! That first buck is particularly "sturdy". shocked

My money is on you to get it done. smile
Originally Posted by SKane
Great captures! That first buck is particularly "sturdy". shocked

My money is on you to get it done. smile

Geez, now the pressure is really on me. laugh
Very nice Bucks and great pictures !!!
Posted By: 44mc Re: My patience is being tested - 10/30/19
i would not pass on either of them their bigger than any thing in this state
I wish we had whitetails in Utah. Only muleys here. I'd have shot at either of those bucks.
I don’t know what your holding out for but theyed been dead if it was up to me
Posted By: tzone Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
Wow!
Posted By: kevinJ Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
Our standards are definitely different. Either of those would be shot in a heart beat

Heading to Ohio this weekend for 7 days. I just hope to see one like that
Posted By: pete53 Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
you don`t always get decent whitetail buck every year ,old bucks can be smart i never hunt them to early either about 1st of November if its cool like this year in Northern Minnesota or even later sometimes. good luck > wind can be your friend and your enemy with whitetail deer be careful,Pete53
Posted By: bbassi Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
Look at the necks on those things! BTW - is that blood on the right antler of the first one?
What is your problem?!?!

Can’t wait to see what you’re waiting on...
Posted By: SKane Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
Originally Posted by pete53
you don`t always get decent whitetail buck every year ,old bucks can be smart i never hunt them to early either about 1st of November if its cool like this year in Northern Minnesota or even later sometimes. good luck > wind can be your friend and your enemy with whitetail deer be careful,Pete53

Such profoundness. roundoak might just have a puncher's chance now thanks to your pearl on wind consideration.
Originally Posted by bbassi
BTW - is that blood on the right antler of the first one?

Sure looks like it, doesn't it?
Posted By: aalf Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19

Great pics......can't wait to see the holdout......

Such profoundness. roundoak might just have a puncher's chance now thanks to your pearl on wind consideration.

skane what makes you the great buck slayer ? i have hunted whitetails for 55 years with a bow and have whitetail buck horns on the wall too ! but i also do know when the best time to shoot a decent buck with a bow is and i won`t waste my time for a buck tell its time. i also know this >i have never stop learning new little things about big whitetail bucks these big bucks don`t do things a regular deer does. > i am not the the best big buck slayer but you aren`t either ! >so skane F - YOU

skane what makes you the great buck slayer ? i have hunted whitetails for 55 years with a bow and have whitetail buck horns on the wall too ! but i also do know when the best time to shoot a decent buck with a bow is and i won`t waste my time for a buck tell its time. i also know this >i have never stop learning new little things about big whitetail bucks these big bucks don`t do things a regular deer does. > i am not the the best big buck slayer but you aren`t either ! >so skane F - YOU

Petey post up some of your pictures! I need a good laugh. 55 years with a bow means jack! Show us what you have accomplished.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
Yeah peter eater,
Post up those pics of all those huge trophies you’ve killed.
Show us who’s the boss or are you gonna try to hang on the coat tails of shart things again?
SKane you suck you should join my dinkathon lmao!

Great bucks and pictures
Originally Posted by aalf

There is a couple around that I am holding out for. Caught one on trailcam, the other just some passive sighting.

Posted By: aalf Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19

Dead man walking......good luck.....

Originally Posted by roundoak
Posted By: tzone Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19

skane what makes you the great buck slayer ?

Umm...
I’m going to go with...the great bucks he’s “slayed?” laugh

There is a couple around that I am holding out for. Caught one on trailcam, the other just some passive sighting.

Yeah, that's worth the wait!
Hope he cooperates for you!

Jeebus!

That is a great pic, man!
boys, ,pictures ? nah i just shoot real little deer you boys are the real hero`s in archery in your own minds . dang you boys are some real good key board hunters ! this is gettin fun again ! GRIN
Posted By: Tom264 Re: My patience is being tested - 10/31/19
No pics because you ain’t got any.....
I looked at those pictures again and I'm not going to lie, I would have killed either one of them in a heartbeat...but I understand why you are holding out like Dan for the one "Your chasing" good luck to both of you!!!
Good luck with whatever you decide to let the air out of.

Ill proly putt a Cutthroat through a 115." eight pointer if given the chance LOL
Posted By: rong Re: My patience is being tested - 11/01/19
Those are some dandies,best of luck on any of 'em.
Pete, what is this with the wind? Never heard that. Tell us more.
Posted By: tzone Re: My patience is being tested - 11/04/19
Originally Posted by Tom264

Yep
I wouldn't wrassle with those two regardless!
Posted By: pete53 Re: My patience is being tested - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by tzone

Yep

yep you boys got it right no bucks . GRIN
Posted By: tzone Re: My patience is being tested - 11/05/19
We are right.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: My patience is being tested - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by tzone

Yep

yep you boys got it right no bucks . GRIN

See it was easy.
I knew it....I get everything right.
Posted By: bludog Re: My patience is being tested - 11/05/19
Great pics, thanks for sharing. I've missed out on some really nice ones by not waiting. If you took one of these, then you know you wouldn't have gotten THE ONE this year. Safe/Good hunting the rest of the season.

Shooter.
The first looked tough and rut musky. Second is big enough it doesnt matter.
Wonderful pictures. And I agree on passing on those two. Pretty deer but if you have your eye on a real shooter, you would have kicked yourself if you would have shot either of those. I would rather not shoot a buck than settle. We all have a minimum we look for when hunting.
boys, ,pictures ? nah i just shoot real little deer you boys are the real hero`s in archery in your own minds . dang you boys are some real good key board hunters ! this is gettin fun again ! GRIN

Man you can be a bit tough. If you think the only time to hunt a big buck is when you hunt em you are nuts. But carry on.

I hunt them when its open and I have time. I"ve killed big ones (for our area IE old mature bucks) in everything from pouring rain to 100 plus temps and no winds, high winds, WAY pre rut to pretty far past the last rut.

You kill big bucks when you get a chance. Not just in the rut or whenever you think is the best or only time to.

Good hunters know to adapt.
Posted By: skeen Re: My patience is being tested - 11/07/19
My patience is being tested...the one I want has not showed up yet. Will be headed to Montana in 10 days, got to get it done.

Shot these two with a camera and let them walk.

2nd deer

Wow, roundoak! You, Sir, are a much more patient man than me. shocked
December 1st was the end of Wisconsin's 9 day gun season and the last three days were wet conditions to say the least. Weather forecast for Monday was a change to high pressure and sunshine. Made it to my stand near a bedding area 0 dark 100 and settled in for daylight to come. The guns were silent and there was nothing but the sound of water dripping from the trees as the sun warmed the woods.

3 doe moved thru, a coyote then a skunk and just as I bid farewell to it a buck came galloping out of the thicket the 3 doe had disappeared into. He slowed to a trot at about 60 yards out, stopped and made a half dozen jumps away from my position, then came straight towards me at a trot. When he cleared a couple trees about 30 yards I was at full draw. Meh ! Thunk ! Wait for it.. out of sight, snap, snap, crack, silence.

While doing the obligatory wait time the 3 doe came out of the thicket and went out of sight right on his trail. I messaged my hired man and told him to meet me in an hour. No problem following the blood trail and came up on him just over the hill. Whoa ! I did not notice he had some piebald in him. Never laid eyes on this buck on the farm before.

Check out the exit.
Posted By: GregW Re: My patience is being tested - 12/05/19
Oh heck yeah man.....

Huge congrats on the bone and the cape...
Posted By: skeen Re: My patience is being tested - 12/05/19
Nice buck, roundoak!
Posted By: Judman Re: My patience is being tested - 12/05/19
Damn it man!!! Your a big buck killin sumbitch!!! Nice work and grats!!!
Hell, I was impressed with all the great pics of big bucks. Then you put another dandy on the ground. Icing on the cake. Well done.
Very nice...Congrats !!
Congrats on a fine buck!
Posted By: bbassi Re: My patience is being tested - 12/07/19
Great deer! What the heck were you using for a BH?
Posted By: battue Re: My patience is being tested - 12/07/19
Double thumbs up. Well done and great Bucks all
Slick Trick Magnum .
Posted By: bbassi Re: My patience is being tested - 12/07/19
That's a hell of a hole for a Slick Trick. I would have guessed Rage by the looks of it.
Posted By: pete53 Re: My patience is being tested - 12/07/19
nice pictures of these alive and dead bucks ,thanks for posting them !that`s a dandy December buck ,cold weather sure gets those bucks moving better here in the northland, Pete53
Posted By: tzone Re: My patience is being tested - 12/08/19
Holy smokes! Congrats. A beautiful buck from beautiful country.
© 24hourcampfire