Home
Had a opportunity to get out with my son archery deer hunting this Saturday and witnessed another crazy experience. Five minutes into the stand and a fairly nice tall antlered buck comes cruising by at a fairly good walking pace. I mouth grunt to stop him & he stops on a dime in an inopportune place with no shot window. He then starts pacing along again at a rapid clip. With more care I mouth grunted again and this time he stoped on a dime this time in a shot window at 30 yards. I drew the bow and released when the pin location felt right.

As the arrow impacted the deer dropped on the spot. the hit location seemed to be 2 to 3 inches below the spine. I managed to get another arrow in him to quickly dispatch him. when dressing the deer out I was still amazed that the arrow path was a few inches below the spine yet he acted much like he was paralyzed. Apparently there is a nerve tissue in this area that.
[Linked Image from go2gbo.com]
Brachial plexus.
With a rifle the Brachial plexus is lights out right now I understand. Impact was roughly 3" back from the Brachial plexus boundary in this case.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Brachial plexus.

I stand corrected, boning out the meat tonight i see Brachial plexus is the best explanation, a lot like this https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...151b52138f3fe6c70af00ae&action=click
Spined one tonight, dropped right there
© 24hourcampfire