Home
Just lost a Magnus black hornet in my reinhart target. The insert came out when I pulled the arrow. I can feel it when I push an old carbon arrow into the hole. Tried driving it out with the arrow and a mallet but it just slips past. Does anyone have a trick to get this thing out without destroying the target. It is 9 inches into the 15 inch target.
Thread on a good arrow and push arrow through the target enough to unscrew the head. Then pull arrow back out.
Kiss it good bye and move on
Problem is the insert is still on the broadhead and I can't line up the arrow with the insert when it is inside the target. If I have to cut it out is there anything to patch the hole in the target with?
Originally Posted by WPAHunter50
Problem is the insert is still on the broadhead and I can't line up the arrow with the insert when it is inside the target. If I have to cut it out is there anything to patch the hole in the target with?

I patch mine with can foam insulation spray.

Do you have a Long pair of Needle Nose pliers? Try grabbing it and pulling it out?
I have left a couple broadheads in targets same way, if you remember when the target wears out cut them out. Now if the broadhead doesn't punch through so I can unscrew it then pull the arrow out, I push it through.

Kent
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Kiss it good bye and move on

Yup.
What’s $10?
No biggie.
If you really want to, cut the head out. Fill hole with rags packed tight. Spray foam the last two or so inches.

Problem with leaving it is if you hit it with another arrow and trash that one too.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Problem with leaving it is if you hit it with another arrow and trash that one too.

Surgery........
If you can get a larger inside diameter aluminum shaft over the insert you may be able hammer it through the target, that’s what I’d try.
Originally Posted by WPAHunter50
Just lost a Magnus black hornet in my reinhart target. The insert came out when I pulled the arrow. I can feel it when I push an old carbon arrow into the hole. Tried driving it out with the arrow and a mallet but it just slips past. Does anyone have a trick to get this thing out without destroying the target. It is 9 inches into the 15 inch target.

A couple of thoughts...

1) Rigid wall tube, maybe an arrow shaft, with borescope inside to guide/align it. Retract the borescope, and drive out the broadhead.

2) Cut the target in half, or even part way. Then use banding straps to put the two halves back together. Maybe there is a good adhesive as well, but if you strap the two halves together, I bet that would be sufficient. Not unlike a layered foam target.

Jason
I wonder how many times that has happened to me.I tap them through with a mallet and piece of rebar. The hole all but closes up in a few days if not when I have a couple of holes I plug with Great Stuff spray foam.
Get a replacement from Rinehart... actually... my company actually mows their lawn, I’ll fire them off an email for a solution or a replacement part. Solid group of people, I’m sure they’ll give me a good price and I can throw it in the mail. Honestly though what are the chances you’ll hit it again on an 18-1
Originally Posted by CEoW717
Get a replacement from Rinehart... actually... my company actually mows their lawn, I’ll fire them off an email for a solution or a replacement part. Solid group of people, I’m sure they’ll give me a good price and I can throw it in the mail. Honestly though what are the chances you’ll hit it again on an 18-1

Honestly though what are the chances you’ll hit it again on an 18-1

Probably pretty dam good if he is even a halfway decent shot!
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

It’s got 18 targets lol
Cut it in half along the line of the arrow. Then Gorilla glue and straps to pull it together while the glue sets after removal of the head.
In the future, sharpen the back edges of the main blades. Easier to pull out.

It’s got 18 targets lol

Yep, 18 targets, and every one of them is in a direct shooting line with the center of the block, where to broad head is probably lodged.
I had to FART yesterday should I of dropped my pants and sat on a toilet, or took a chance and chit in my drawers... what to do what to do..
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

It’s got 18 targets lol

Yep, 18 targets, and every one of them is in a direct shooting line with the center of the block, where to broad head is probably lodged.

Some get it, Others don't! If they shot even a little they would understand.
i have broke arrows not taking out something left in this type of target.its always best to get that medal out of the target.
HellaRight, ...gots some Medals in BoyScouts, almost gittin' Em w The Recurve

PraticeMakesPerfect...
Originally Posted by pete53
i have broke arrows not taking out something left in this type of target.its always best to get that medal out of the target.

i met METAL
© 24hourcampfire