Home
Posted By: joelkdouglas New spots - 06/19/20
Found a new spot today thanks to OnX. It’s on the “little river” here. Still high and off color but wadable. The big river isn’t wadable, still too high.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Open range area.

Indian Paintbrush.

View from the top of the canyon.

And at the bottom.

The hike out was a workout! And total fail, I forgot bug spray and the mosquitoes attacked me relentlessly. I didn’t stay as long as planned!
Posted By: Prwlr Re: New spots - 06/20/20
Great country............... catch anything?
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: New spots - 06/20/20
A couple browns, nothing to write home about. Still great to be out!
Posted By: patbrennan Re: New spots - 06/20/20
Pretty spot, looks like a great place to spend some time exploring and fishing.
Posted By: wytex Re: New spots - 06/30/20
Laramie Peak ?
oops looks like Jelm area.
Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: New spots - 07/04/20
Yep near JELM. Here’s the view from the observatory on top. It had been a long time since I’d gone up there and I took my kids to see. We got lucky and a UW engineer happened to be there and let us in to see the telescope. Pretty cool!

Posted By: joelkdouglas Re: New spots - 08/01/20
Took my kids out today for another trip on the Laramie. Caught several small browns (standard for the Laramie) and the kids had fun. A good day!

Got to watch a mid sized trout (probably no bigger than 12 inches) follow a hopper pattern for 3-4 feet, eyeballing it from just below the surface. Then rejected it! I came back to that pool later with a smaller dry and caught a fish in about the same place but I can’t say it was the same fish.

In the second picture you can see one of the kids literally sitting in the middle of the river. Oh well they’re having fun and not standing next to me throwing rocks in the river.
Posted By: LouisB Re: New spots - 08/01/20
For the way I fish, that is a perfect sized "big" river.

Time spent with the "kidz" will be time remembered!
© 24hourcampfire